C5 Galaxy as a static library object

Thread: C5 Galaxy as a static library object

C5 Galaxy as a static library object

Could anyone please point in the direction of a C5 Galaxy as a static aircraft object to pad out some scenery I'm working on.
    I've looked around and can't seem to find one.
    Many thanks,

Jim

Go to flightsim.com and do a search for Guy Diotte. He has done a very large selection of static aircraft.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I dont know how handy you are with ADEX and making traffic file's, but i prefer using Ai aircraft and placing them as statics rather than using scenery bgl's, they look better and seem easier on frame's, and you have the option of introducing some movement to your scenery when you get some confidence.

The Owls nest is the place to look for Ai, there are a number of dedicted C-5's already out there, maybe with the right unit markings for your scenery, hope this helps.

http://www.owlsnest.eu/

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Go to flightsim.com and do a search for Guy Diotte. He has done a very large selection of static aircraft.
    Guy's work is excellent. Unfortunately he hasn't done a C5.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    I dont know how handy you are with ADEX and making traffic file's, but i prefer using Ai aircraft and placing them as statics rather than using scenery bgl's, they look better and seem easier on frame's, and you have the option of introducing some movement to your scenery when you get some confidence.

The Owls nest is the place to look for Ai, there are a number of dedicted C-5's already out there, maybe with the right unit markings for your scenery, hope this helps.

http://www.owlsnest.eu/
    I'm using ADE to build the airfield (Greenham-Common EGVI, circa 1987) I assumed that a static object bgl would be less heavy on frames than AI.
    Others have said you can schedule a flight for an AI at midnight once a week so it just sits at the parking the rest of time looking pretty. This is what I'm trying to achieve so will look into the whole Traffic thing.

What's the easiest to get an initial handle on?

Many thanks to both you chaps.
    jim

Others have said you can schedule a flight for an AI at midnight once a week so it just sits at the parking the rest of time looking pretty. This is what I'm trying to achieve so will look into the whole Traffic thing.
    Thats pretty much the way i do things

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Thanks Dimus. Checking it out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Thats pretty much the way i do things

cheers ian
    Good Ian - I must be barking up the right tree then.

Members who have read this thread: 0