Helgoland in P3DV4

Thread: Helgoland in P3DV4

Helgoland in P3DV4

Hi all!

Here are a few particularly beautiful and impressive pictures of Germany's only offshore island Helgoland from Aerosoft. The images were taken at different times and with different aircraft / helicopters:

- Aerosoft - Robin DR400
    - JustFlight - Robinson R44

Have fun ...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-6-29_10-38-1-3.jpg  
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

The island that got blown to pieces - such a special place.

Great shots Christian, thank you for sharing.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Wasn't this designed for FS2004 and the radio towers etc. had draw-order cloud issues in FSX (and least I'm sure I did)? Does it really function OK in P3D4?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

No, it was designed for FSX. I never had a problem with it. I have never seen an FS2004 version.

Description
    HelgolandX is our most exciting FSX scenery at this moment, unprecedented in detail and its use of the new FSX features it is a totally state of the art scenery product. And unlike many expected, frame rates are stable and high, making this a must have addition to your FSX collection.

This scenery was started to fully explore the new options of FSX and with the task create the most realistic small scenery possible. A lot of experimenting was done to find the best way to use the options of FSX

Helgoland P3DV4

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    No, it was designed for FSX. I never had a problem with it. I have never seen an FS2004 version.

Description
    HelgolandX is our most exciting FSX scenery at this moment, unprecedented in detail and its use of the new FSX features it is a totally state of the art scenery product. And unlike many expected, frame rates are stable and high, making this a must have addition to your FSX collection.

This scenery was started to fully explore the new options of FSX and with the task create the most realistic small scenery possible. A lot of experimenting was done to find the best way to use the options of FSX
    The scenery was compiled last year by the developer Sascha Normann for the P3DV3. Therefore, all scenery parts work without problems in the P3DV4. Only the installer still has to be adjusted. There was probably also a Helgoland scenery for the FS2004. This was however with many restrictions. In the current V1.20 installer, the FS2004 is no longer listed. Probably the support for the FS2004 for Helgoland was discontinued.
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

Many thanks for your replies. I'm delighted it was updated! I'll go give it a try in v4...

LOL, I have 1.1. Running off to grab the new installer for 1.2 .
    Thanks
    Suie

So I went and checked other Aerosoft downloads and I see Lukla - Mount Everest X and Antarctica X were also updated for P3D last year!

I'm delighted and annoyed! Delighted that the scenery was updated... annoyed that Aerosoft hasn't come up with a better way of making customers aware!

Has anyone tried these in v4?

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    No, it was designed for FSX. I never had a problem with it. I have never seen an FS2004 version
    No, it was also designed for FS2004. There is an FS2004 version to download next to the FSX version on the downloads page of the my Aerosoft customer account. I never purchased the FS2004 version, so I assume they were developed and sold together.

You're right Airtrooper, I see that at Aerosoft too. The product page blurb says FSX. I didn't remember those FS 2004 installers, probably because I never used them. Sorry about that.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 0