SSW REPUBLIC F-84F "Thunderstreak" for P3D x64 v4 available
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SSW REPUBLIC F-84F "Thunderstreak" for P3D x64 v4 available

SSW REPUBLIC F-84F "Thunderstreak" for P3D x64 v4 available

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=51358&stc=1

Visit htttp://www.simskunkworks.com
    need to be registered, registration is free.

High detailed model, fully animated

High detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working
    Frame rate friendly in single and multi player, it cames in two versions:
    - 'SOLO' for single player use
    - 'UBUNTU' optimized for multiplayer
    - Complete dynamic 3D-lights systems both internal and external
    - Full compatible with TacPack and vACMI (required to use weapons system)

TEXTURES

High detailed, high definition, SSW 'redux' tecnology
    several different liveries

SYSTEMS
    - Almost all real system have been modelled and are working as the real thing is
    - Flight dynamics modeled 99% close to real airplane
    - DDIS (Dynamic Drag Index System)
    - Fully functional APG-30 radar with target lockon and target range information
    - Aircraft configurator for payload and refuelling
    - Air refuelling in both single and multiplayer mode, in single player a KC-135 tanker can be called during flight
    - Payload fully congruent in both single and multiplayer mode
    - Aerodynamic pitch up and inertia coupling reproduced
    - Payload drop actually changes airplane weight, balance and drag index (DDIS)
    - A-4 gunsight system reproduced:
    * Manual and automatic bombing system
    * Rocket launch
    * Air to air gun firing with manual and auto range using APG-30 radar
    * Continuosly computed lead angle for gun firing
    - Special weapon delivery system LABS (vACMI only)

WEAPONS ON MULTIPLAYER
    - Model runs nicely on multiplayer, it loads, drops/launch MK83/Rockets/Gun, weapon drop/blast and missile launch are visible both in single and multiplayer mode with no or negligible server clogging, tested and verified with up to 15 players and weapons.

OTHERS
    Model comes with complete docs:
    - Normal/weapons procedures checklists
    - Real aircraft manual
    - Other useful docs
    - Support forum account
    - All version upgrading and patches at no cost.
    - Full detailed paint kit available for painters (It will be published later)
    - GPL (restricted) licensed

RELEASE NOTES:

• Minimum system requirements:
    • Prepar3D version 4.x
    • Same as required by P3D v. 4
    • 2.5 Gb of disk space
    • Customers that want upgrade from previous FSX/P3D v2 or v3 can have a discount, open a ticket at this end, will receive a 15 € coupon, please attach a proof of purchase.

Attached Images
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

There is a typo in htttp adress to SSW
    English is not my native language, so please be generous if I write funny things :-)

Quote Originally Posted by maikchaos View Post
    There is a typo in htttp adress to SSW
    Thanks,
    correct address is:
    http://www.simskunkworks.com

/SSW

Can I get a coupon for the FSX version I bought and another for P3D V3 version I bought?
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Can I get a coupon for the FSX version I bought and another for P3D V3 version I bought?
    double jump ?
    can be done
    /SSW

Bongiorno amico,

In your F84F for P3Dv4 announcement you state :

Customers that want upgrade from previous FSX/P3D v2 or v3 can have a discount, open a ticket at this end, will receive a 15 € coupon, please attach a proof of purchase

What does that mean ' at this end' ??.....

I *think* i opened a ticket, 3 days ago, proof of purchase attached, but don't see any response. I only keep seeing " you have no support tickets of this type " ....

What exactly does one have to fill in at " Please select a department for your support enquiry " ??..... What *kind* of department ??....

I.O.W. a bit more information about how to get the discount for owners of the FSX/P3Dv2/3 F84F model would be very welcome.

Ciao,
    Jan

Sorry does this model have the function to have wingtip tanks?

I havent been able to see and images or anything description

The F-84 (Thunderjet) had wingtip tanks, the F-84F (Thunderstreak) didn't. Does have big wingtanks and so does the SSW model. (selectable)

Info for FSX F84F but has a bigger picture showing wingtanks :

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/store/index.php/go-to-our-software-shop/fsx-acc-pack-models/ssw-f84f-thunderstreak-for-fsx-detail

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    The F-84 (Thunderjet) had wingtip tanks, the F-84F (Thunderstreak) didn't. Does have big wingtanks and so does the SSW model. (selectable)

Info for FSX F84F but has a bigger picture showing wingtanks :

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/store/index.php/go-to-our-software-shop/fsx-acc-pack-models/ssw-f84f-thunderstreak-for-fsx-detail

cheers,
    jan
    Cheers, I'll pass I dont like the idea that I have to log in to preview a product

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Cheers, I'll pass I dont like the idea that I have to log in to preview a product
    I completely understand your sentiment, and have never understood why SSW would erect this barrier to sales, but this is a very nice aircraft and your loss if you let this issue get in your way.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I completely understand your sentiment, and have never understood why SSW would erect this barrier to sales, but this is a very nice aircraft and your loss if you let this issue get in your way.
    Im just over log ins and passwords, after the account is made then comes the emails and every time you unsubscribe, 2 more different emails appear

log in to buy yeah ok, log in to look to decide, no thanks the decision is was made at the log in screen

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Im just over log ins and passwords, after the account is made then comes the emails and every time you unsubscribe, 2 more different emails appear

log in to buy yeah ok, log in to look to decide, no thanks the decision is was made at the log in screen
    -Agreed

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Even though, in general I also do not like so much the many barriers put by SSW in to the whole process of buying and authenticating their products, I have to say that not once since I joined the SSW site have I received any unwanted emails from them. My only problem is that I keep forgetting my password and after some time I can not join the site, like now that I wish to check this out. I'll have to resort to the "I forgot password" option again. This product is one of their best and I'll definitely try to have it in v4 as well.

Question to SSW: Is the VACMI system v4 compatible and also still free?

im genuinely interested in the AC, if someone could share pics, that would be great

Just a few quick ones in v3:

Let me know if you need any specific paint or other detail in particular.

These are awesome images, I think I'll update my old version.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    These are awesome images, I think I'll update my old version.
    Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Just a few quick ones in v3:

Let me know if you need any specific paint or other detail in particular.
    a close up on the textures on slight angle to check out the bump and spec mapping if im not being too pushy

from those im 75% convinced

Can someone open this model in MCX and check the following for me (Or if SSW can just answer directly this would be better!):

Is the Reflection Setting = 1 (in other words 100%) and is the environment blending with the inverse of the diffuse alpha?

IS the Specular texture a single "one size fits all" specular or are they specific textures (for each diffuse there is a specular counterpart?)

is fresnel being used?

Thanks if anyone has the time to respond to this!

Rick
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Matt, our huge time difference does not help but here are some pics that hopefully show what you're looking for:

Rick, I'll try to answer yours the best I can (SSW team may correct me if wrong):

Is the Reflection Setting = 1? -> Yes, with reflection scale set at 0.3, a custom global env map is also used

Is the environment blending with the inverse of the diffuse alpha? ->Yes

Is the Specular texture a single "one size fits all" specular or are they specific textures (for each diffuse there is a specular counterpart?) -> Specific specular is used for each diffuse

Is fresnel being used? -> Yes, controls reflection and specular

As I was typing this the SSW crew unblocked my account so I can now check out this v4 upgrade...

By the way,jokes aside,there are specific speculars for each diffuse,because is the way you have to do them. Maybe not so necessary if you paint opaque or modern liveries.
    Every aircraft have is "name" on the left bottom of canopy,specific stenciling divided by nations,panels are the same of real one,and each panel has it's ID number.
    Is very detailed and easy to paint,even if there are not so much paints to do...The painter was a bit avid and he did almost all schemes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Matt, our huge time difference does not help but here are some pics that hopefully show what you're looking for:
    Its not a problem and totally understandable

im pretty much sold on this however Ive spend my fortnightly pocket money on a new rifle to solve an issue with some birds who have taken up residence on my yard currently attacking anyone who goes out side

next pay unless the PMDG 6 or Aerosoft A330 come out

Bongiorno amico,
    In your F84F for P3Dv4 announcement you state :

Customers that want upgrade from previous FSX/P3D v2 or v3 can have a discount, open a ticket at this end, will receive a 15 € coupon, please attach a proof of purchase
    What does that mean ' at this end' ??.....
    I *think* i opened a ticket, 3 days ago, proof of purchase attached, but don't see any response. I only keep seeing " you have no support tickets of this type " ....
    What exactly does one have to fill in at " Please select a department for your support enquiry " ??..... What *kind* of department ??....
    I.O.W. a bit more information about how to get the discount for owners of the FSX/P3Dv2/3 F84F model would be very welcome.
    Ciao,
    Jan

Hi Jan,
    "to this end" means "to this purpose"
    On help desk there were 2 departments: one for "help desk" (which should have been checked by you) and a second "Tornado bug tracker" (now closed)
    I'm sorry, i apologize, did not realized before that opening a ticket was so difficult, we have more than one thousand tickets processed, nobody has notified us such difficulties so far.
    Warm regards
    /SSW

Hi odourboy,
    in your post there is hidden the answer to your question.
    It is a long debated question:
    - to open the site to show all our products publicly or set a filter (i don't consider a "barrier") forcing visitors to register to the site, which is free and takes few minutes ?
    Well, i guess our way will be more clear if you consider that SSW is not a business oriented company, we do high quality models for passion not to get a budget.
    Don't need nor desire more visibility, our users, or better our "friends", are the best testimonials for us, you are one of them.
    It is also a matter of how we are organized, we are a little group, each one of us has his own work, making planes in our free time, we could not support an huge set of customers, that's also the last but not the least reason why.
    So we would like open the site to who are really interested in our work, filtering "casual" visitors.
    It could looks like a strange way but is our way.
    cheers
    /SSW

Members who have read this thread: 1