ORBX FTX Global, etc., versus stock P3D V4

Thread: ORBX FTX Global, etc., versus stock P3D V4

Hybrid View

ORBX FTX Global, etc., versus stock P3D V4

I have run with only REX TD & SC, and FreeMeshX up to this point. Anyone feel the difference in scenery between the two is worth the investment?
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Blog Entries
    Simple answer, yes.
    Look on You Tube you should find lots of films comparing stock with FTX Global. Here's one (quite old) showing it in FSX:

Ian

I'm wondering the same. I went straight from FSX to P3D4, and the mesh/scenery/roads in my old North Central Texas/Southern Oklahoma haunts look much better/more accurate than FSX to me. I did have GEX/UTX installed since the stock FSX was so awful. Stock P3D likely isn't as pretty as ORBX, but is the massive frame rate hit and stutter from Vector worth it?

I ran with vector on P3D3.4 and at first it slowed it down a lot, once I turned off the extra animation then it was fine. We won't be able to say how global vector will affect V4 until its released.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I absolutely love the ORBX scenery in P3DV4! I have installed FTX Global and all of the west coast scenery titles with the exception of Northern CA and that is next on my list to buy. To quote Captain Kirk from Star Trek IV: My friends! We have come home.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

I've been flying FTX SAK and FTX England a lot in v4 and I can say it definitely makes a huge difference. To be sure I wasn't "seeing things" I removed SAK, flew the same places, reinstalled SAK and flew again... chalk and cheese!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0