Lockheed Jetstar II - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar II

Dated captures

A different site with some of those captures Jim mentioned earlier.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/CanadianPilots/fsd-announces-lockheed-jetstar-t2562.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    This is excellent news that Jim has handed the project over to a very capable lead.
    Have long had a repaint reference folder on this one. Might get to paint a couple of them once she's out.
    I would be very pleased to have your participation on this project sir.
    If you are interested, I'd be keen to hear from you. PM is preferred.

TY for your interest.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Were the flight dynamics ever updated?

Nope the flight dynamics will have to be updated. If you have expertise in this field and wish to contribute please send ******** a PM... he now is in possession of the source file and is banging and scratching his head at the task ahead.

Best

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Were the flight dynamics ever updated?

PM sent to gman. I just managed to score 3 manuals on the Jetstar II / C-140, so that should help.

Lockheed Jetstar II

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    PM sent to gman. I just managed to score 3 manuals on the Jetstar II / C-140, so that should help.
    Any notice of the airplane Jetstar?

Lockheed Jetstar

Unfortunately the Jetstar will not happen here at SOH, Gordon has decided to pursue other interests. Perhaps it will happen elsewhere sometime in the future, I sincerely hope so.
    The Old Master Sergeant

I wonder if in the circumstances Jim Goldman would extend his generous offer to someone else here with the skills and interest to develop this. It's just too good lose.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Jetstar source file

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I wonder if in the circumstances Jim Goldman would extend his generous offer to someone else here with the skills and interest to develop this. It's just too good lose.
    Guys, if Gordon is no longer working or interested in finishing the project I will be more than happy to share the source files..hopefully for a MSFS2020 version as well .

Let me know

Jim

Lockheed Jetstar II

Why don't they talk with Milton Shupe? Make 3 Versions, FS2004, FSX, P3D?

Quote Originally Posted by adjetsdesfs View Post
    Why don't they talk with Milton Shupe? Make 3 Versions, FS2004, FSX, P3D?
    Milton has retired from modeling. . .quite some time ago actually.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Too small. Hiroshi is a great modeller but likes big Boeings.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Guys, if Gordon is no longer working or interested in finishing the project I will be more than happy to share the source files..hopefully for a MSFS2020 version as well .

Let me know

Jim
    Great to see you are there for us Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post

Let me know

Jim
    Hi Jim

Have sent a PM

Thank you

Roland

Is so hard waiting I even moved Mike Stones to P3DV4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-9-15_22-8-52-136.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	249.7 KB 
ID:	84322

SOH-CM-2023
    I ran HJG's Jetstar 1 through MCX and added the FSX converted Falcon 50 VC (With a panel cfg and bitmaps modified to a four engine configuration) Works pretty well for a fs 2002 Model run through the converter.

Name:	P3D3-2021-sep-18-001.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	84335
    You can't take the sky from me...

I ran HJG's Jetstar 1 through MCX and added the FSX converted Falcon 50 VC (With a panel cfg and bitmaps modified to a four engine configuration) Works pretty well for a fs 2002 Model run through the converter.
    That is cool Brian! I used to fly the flaps off the HJG JetStar when I first discovered FS2004. Still a nice model.

Files transfered to Roland Berger....
    He will need assistance from the community at large to make it happen.

Again the stipulation....freeware....community project....and should be for FSX....Prep.....MSFS2020.

Best

Jim

Great news to hear Jim, thanks! As a former VC-140B maintainer I've looked forward to seeing this project finally completed. Plenty of talent here at SOH, hoping they'll step up to the plate. I'll be watching this thread for further progress!

The Old Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Great news to hear Jim, thanks! As a former VC-140B maintainer I've looked forward to seeing this project finally completed. Plenty of talent here at SOH, hoping they'll step up to the plate. I'll be watching this thread for further progress!

The Old Master Sergeant
    I wish Sim-Outhouse and Gordon could mend their
    differences this way maybe just maybe Gordon and Roland can work hand in hand to bring the Jetstar to the three different platforms.

Best

Jim

Dear All

I have a first look ( I am off Manfred Jahn's Connie,DC Team) and see where we can go.

I also will start a new thread as soon something can be visible shown

But as JIM says I will need help and will ask community for it

THANKS a lot Jim

Roland

This is wonderful news. Thank you Jim and Roland!

Brian

Very grateful for this wish being granted!

Dear All

I had a first longer look to the model

Jim- really stunning, very high detail. Even great in todays world, THANK YOU

I can say after some resistance the exterior of the Jeststar now kind of flys* in P3DV4.4 ( which means in FSX as well )
    see below

But still way to go

VC as you can see has no gauges. So that need to be adressed, together with an FSX/P3D compatibel gauge.cab
    Who wants to take the challenge in creating XML gauges for the plane please drop me a PM.

Name:	2021-9-21_17-0-11-485.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	84371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-9-21_17-0-40-276.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	84372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-9-21_17-1-45-799.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	325.7 KB 
ID:	84370

I can provide some/many- but not all gauge bitmaps as a start

I keep the tread here updated

*FDE still good needs minor tweaking but so far only an old 2D panel to operate the flight testing

Members who have read this thread: 9