Lockheed Jetstar II
Page 1 of 21 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar II

Lockheed Jetstar II

Guys:

I must first apologize for not completing the Lockheed JetStar II project after I left FSD way back. But after a long absence do to a major health issue of which I have recovered, and encouraged by my friend Dave Barnett, it is time to see if this project might come to life.

After reading past post on the where about of the long lost Lockheed Jetstar.. well as mentioned before it might come back, but it will depend on all of you, the reason I state this is simple, while I would love to return to FSX development that will not occur due to life circumstances. But I am willing to give up all the source files to the community as my gift back to all of you.

There are only a few stipulations:

1. The outcome is to be Freeware.
    2. I would like to see some of our stellar developers lend a hand to make this project unique and of top quality.
    3. The credit will be given as a community project (of course listing all who cooperated).

If these three stipulations can be fulfilled we just might have a Lockheed Jetstar II for all of you to enjoy.

What is done:

1. external and internal models are completed (updates have been done but others are always welcomed and I would be happy to assist (Unfortunately the source is in in GMAX)
    2. animations are done but need to the brought to FSX code.
    3. Textures done, but of course will be improved and I am willing to help on that side.

What still needs to be done:

1. All system and gauges have to be done/programmed (maybe Bill L. could lend a hand?).
    2. Flight model has to be redone (last Flight system was done and author not available)
    3. Bringing it up to all new Flight simulation standards.

If you are truly interested and serious and we can build consensus in making this a community wide project. Check Takealot Specials and Woolworths Specials. Please let me know, hopefully Sim-outhouse can provide a FTP to upload the files and then share with interested developers.

I will be out of touch for the next two weeks, but once I get back and I see if the project has a community seal of approval and we can start.

Till then, best

Jim Goldman

Blog Entries
    I'll take up that challenge. I'm always looking to add new aircraft to my lineup, so this one would be fitting

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Blog Entries
    And of course, I'll bring the model into FSX. I know some gauge coding, but I can leave that area to those with more experience.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Jim, I can help out wherever possible and when doing so does not conflict with my full-time work for Milviz. There's been too much love invested in this project to just leave it lying around on the cutting room floor!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Holy cow! Jim Goldman!

A flight sim Resurrection
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Dear Jim

I tried all and everything to aquire even the unfinished one from FSD

THAT is a positve surprise

THANKS in advance

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Jim, I can help out wherever possible and when doing so does not conflict with my full-time work for Milviz. There's been too much love invested in this project to just leave it lying around on the cutting room floor!
    To all Thanks

Before I leave I wanted thank all of you for the support. Yes as I see it it will indeed return to life, the only thing we need is to coordinate the project, hopefully this will be a fun project.

Best

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Dear Jim

I tried all and everything to aquire even the unfinished one from FSD

THAT is a positve surprise

THANKS in advance

Roland
    Roland, FSD could not provide the source or anything without me agreeing to it. hopefully the wait will be over in the foreseeable future.

Best

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    And of course, I'll bring the model into FSX. I know some gauge coding, but I can leave that area to those with more experience.
    eurostar350, once I return from my upcoming en devour I will contact Sim-outhouse and see how the whole project can be uploaded.. there is much to be done, but if all is coordinated I am sure all os us can make a rather quick turn around. I am most concerned with the flight model and the Avionics.

Best

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Bill, thanks my friend I am sure any help you can provide would be most welcomed.

Shalom

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Holy cow! Jim Goldman!

A flight sim Resurrection
    Ryanbatc hopefully we all can make your day, now time to get back to my upcoming trip. If I have time I will try to respond to all.

Best

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    eurostar350, once I return from my upcoming en devour I will contact Sim-outhouse and see how the whole project can be uploaded.. there is much to be done, but if all is coordinated I am sure all os us can make a rather quick turn around. I am most concerned with the flight model and the Avionics.

Best

Jim
    Jim, great to see you around and how nice of you to share your work. There should be no issue housing the files here at SOH. I will contact DangerousDave and staff for their thoughts and try to get this ball rolling for you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Jim, great to see you around and how nice of you to share your work. There should be no issue housing the files here at SOH. I will contact DangerousDave and staff for their thoughts and try to get this ball rolling for you.
    Hi Milton, great to see that your are still around as well (the old school is still present), thanks for the help, if you want please help out with the the project, your input would be valuable.

Best

Jim

Hi Milton, great to see that your are still around as well (the old school is still present), thanks for the help, if you want please help out with the the project, your input would be valuable.

Best

Jim
    Here is a link with some dated captures.. http://www.friendlyflusi.at/index.ph...threadID=18232

Jim, this is great news! I recall seeing the model WIP shots on FSD's site years ago and thought it was quite a stunning model then and had planned on buying it once released. I had all but forgotten about the project over the years but am super glad to hear this news! Incidentally, the company I used to work for years ago owned a Jetstar II which we maintained and utilized for charter flights. I did see a number of Jetstar's over that time period and recall that no two cockpits were the same as most had been overhauled at least once during their lifespan. We sold our Jetstar and acquired a Lear 35 (which was considerably cheaper to operate). Anyhow, I still have connections to flight crew and knowledge base which may help at the right time and I'm an experienced alpha/beta tester and would be glad to help when the time comes.

Anyhow, awesome news and glad you're doing better Jim!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Jim (et al) you have no idea what this news means to me.

Thanks SO much.

DL

Here is a link with some dated captures.. http://www.friendlyflusi.at/index.ph...threadID=18232

Beautiful piece of work.....

Jim, Milton,

If this project is mastered in GMAX, can it be made FS9 capable?

Dave

Jim and others,

I remember years ago now patiently and relentlessly checking the FSD site and looking at those captures waiting for this great looking Jetstar's release and then very disappointed when the project was suspended.

Needless to say, this is a bolt from the blue and a wholly unexpected and exciting surprise! Looking forward to flying her - and those fuel bills!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Interested, but probably too little spare time to contribute to the systems or flight dynamics. :|

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Jim, Milton,

If this project is mastered in GMAX, can it be made FS9 capable?

Dave
    Dave,

Only Jim can answer that at this point. I am uncertain of poly counts, the way animations are done, or if 2D gauges are available to use. Of course, anything is possible but not always practical.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Before taking off, let me tell all of you, the source file is quite complex, at the moment and has exceeded FS9 standards. With that said I might have an older source file that might work for FS9 will check when back home. As for gauge work.....nothing, no 2D, would like to take it to 3D. I have all the artwork for gauges taken from a photo shoot of actual aircraft. the art work has needles and lighting if I remember well. The panel textures are photoreal as well as all other parts within the cockpit. Hope this answers some questions and maybe convinces more to join the effort.

Well got to get going, back with all of you in two weeks

Jim

If someone sends me the aircraft.cfg and airfile, I'll be happy to look them over and make modifications where needed. The only problem I can see is that I lack manuals for this aircraft so I might have to purchase a couple.

I'm sure you folks will be please keep 64-bit in mind for anything to be programmed. I'm sure she'll be a beauty in P3Dv4 and FSW as it develops.

I am more interested in this project than anything that I have seen in a VERY long time. Superb!!

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 9