Lockheed Jetstar II - Page 6
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar II

thanks for the model update.

I have also posted this over in the P3D forum

Not sure why but I have tried the aircraft in all three sims: FSX, P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5.2 and in all cases I get a CTD after selecting the Jetstar and initializing the sim. As some seem to find it works in P3D and it was extensively tested in P3D I am mystified as to why I would be having this happen in all three sims. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

P3DV5.2 ONLY

Still with newest model 2 threads before same story?

I flew it 5 minutes ago in P3DV5.2- + ORBX

Did you try the 2 panel.cfg's I posted yet ?

If still I need to think longer

But it is memory heavy model-->You have enough card memory

and lets move to P3D forum. I read both

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    So when you move to outside you see just the lights I guess ?

If you put trottle it would accelerate ?

Thank you
    Sorry for not replying sooner, had to run a few errands. Yes, outside view is a ghost ship, only flashing red beacons. I do have sound and she will spool up and perform takeoff roll @ throttle up. After T.O. gear will retract (sounds like anyway). Didn't attempt landing due to not having flight instruments and inadequate forward view.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Sorry for not replying sooner, had to run a few errands. Yes, outside view is a ghost ship, only flashing red beacons. I do have sound and she will spool up and perform takeoff roll @ throttle up. After T.O. gear will retract (sounds like anyway). Didn't attempt landing due to not having flight instruments and inadequate forward view.
    YES There is real life as well

Look a bit up there are new models

I hope they work- only mising is in VC overhead. That I do- if at all function- as next step

Roland

P3DV5.2 ONLY

Still with newest model 2 threads before same story?

I flew it 5 minutes ago in P3DV5.2- + ORBX

Did you try the 2 panel.cfg's I posted yet ?

If still I need to think longer

But it is memory heavy model-->You have enough card memory

and lets move to P3D forum. I read both

Roland
    Roger that - yep tried the panel cfg's you sent and I posted it to the P3D forum. Will keep to that for for future discussions. Thanks for your replay in both places.

Well, with the new model file there is indeed some progress made! No more visual model warning, flight loads without problem and external view is normal. In the VC as stated there is no overhead. However all the flight instruments are black holes, no display in Comm/Nav control panels and there is no view out the windscreen, only a medium blue color. Hey, getting late there, go to bed! Enough for one day, there's always tomorrow, and thanks!

P3D4.4 - No real problems other than noted - flickering parts of VC, click points --

Update fsx only

UPDATE FSX ONLY

Dear All

1.)First use these Models- they should( should as I cannot test in FSX)-show good exterior and good interior

Attachment 84879

Delete (FSX only) all other models

2.)Panel

Use this panel -->rename panel normal.cfg-->panel.cfg
    put it into panel folder- overwrite = OK

Attachment 84880

3.) make test flight in FSX and pls report OK or not OK

4.) not OK

Plane loads in preview but goes CTD when you want to start flight

Use this panel -->rename panel light.cfg-->panel.cfg

Still CTD

Use this panel -->rename panel panel even more Light.cfg-->panel.cfg

Best regards

Roland

Depending on your system and which planes+ gauges you have, you will have some black holes - no gauge ( pedestal ).These are payware ones- we still have to develop for this plane. If you are good in panel cfg, you can replace them with what you have

Just tried the download from yesterday and the model attached in the above post. I get on loading a CTD with both. Must be a ".gau" or 32 bit gauge somewhere causing this? P3Dv4.5.

Been doing some flight testing. FDE is quite good but may have some minor adjustments.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Panel should look like that

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smallerp1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	84881

This we try with your help to achieve (XML coding PLEASE !!!)

the light and lighter panel is easier on memory but moves away from that task

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Just tried the download from yesterday and the model attached in the above post. I get on loading a CTD with both. Must be a ".gau" or 32 bit gauge somewhere causing this? P3Dv4.5.

Been doing some flight testing. FDE is quite good but may have some minor adjustments.
    Did first beta test work - I initially sended ?

If so use the original download version - not above models ( these are FSX only )

If still CTD use in this setup the old - working panel cfg

SOH-CM-2023
    Playing around in MCX with the both the exterior and interior models of the FSX versions. Adjusted the texture assignments for the interior model to use the "l" textures. In the exterior model I activated the reflective textures, adjusted the nosewheel steering from c_wheel to c_wheel_fs9 to make sure it steers in both directions.

As for the ADI issue on the co-pilots side, in mcx I don't see an assigned vc texture in that spot. Just the background texture instead of the black spots showing on the pilot side.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Jetstar

FWIW I loaded the Jetstar yesterday and had no problems flying the jet...so far. Will try a more detailed flight today. By the way I'm running P3Dv4 with Windows7. Most important thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Playing around in MCX with the both the exterior and interior models of the FSX versions. Adjusted the texture assignments for the interior model to use the "l" textures. In the exterior model I activated the reflective textures, adjusted the nosewheel steering from c_wheel to c_wheel_fs9 to make sure it steers in both directions.

As for the ADI issue on the co-pilots side, in mcx I don't see an assigned vc texture in that spot. Just the background texture instead of the black spots showing on the pilot side.
    I would be glad to see your models

Roland

Things are getting a little confusing for us old guys.

I've installed the latest model folder and panel.cfg, but am still getting a CTD in FSXA. Model loads and no error message, but get a CTD and a FSX reboot.

May I suggest that all P3D feedback be posted in the P3D forum section and leave comments in this section strictly for feedback on FSX??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Things are getting a little confusing for us old guys.

I've installed the latest model folder and panel.cfg, but am still getting a CTD in FSXA. Model loads and no error message, but get a CTD and a FSX reboot.
    Please try the "lighter" panel.cfg as in above thread

Please try the "lighter" panel.cfg as in above thread
    I was just going to give an update. Yes, I just used the "lighter" panel and no CTD. Exterior model well done. Interior has some flickering gauge textures on the copilots panel, but it is flyable.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I was just going to give an update. Yes, I just used the "lighter" panel and no CTD. Exterior model well done. Interior has some flickering gauge textures on the copilots panel, but it is flyable.
    Glad it worked-Model is memory heavy

Wink Working in FSX

Hello and thank you for this great effort.

I just launched the Jetstar on FSX SE using the latest model and panel provided on this topic and there were no problems (Except missing instruments.) I could fly a T/G smoothly, it was fantastic.

OK, good news. I have the new panel working, using the "panel light.cfg" and using the models from the earlier beta (looks like no change to either the interior or exterior models?). I had been testing the FDE using a merged VC from the payware Aerosoft DC-8, but I now like the way the Jetstar VC now looks to be taking shape.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

From the SOH download "discussion thread"

Externally this is obviously a Jetstar II, either converted or constructed by Lockheed (most notable difference from the original is the underslung vice impaled fuel tanks). Therefore shouldn't it have Garrett 731 engines with 3700 lb thrust and increased weights, slightly increased fuel tankage? - I have the FAA Cert data - you likely do as well from what I see in the aircraft.cfg file, but yours is for the earlier PW powered version Jetstar.
    OK, I went and found the old Mike Stone JetStar II model and copied/replaced the fuel, weight and engine thrust data from his air.cfg and I am now finding the climb and high altitude (FL40 right now) performance is much better. She was struggling a bit before.

Update

please All which use the panel.cfg of the original download delete 1 of the 2 [Window Titles]

that disturbes the 2 D panel

thank you

the ones which use the ones some thread above need to do nothing

Roland

From the SOH download "discussion thread"
    OK, I went and found the old Mike Stone JetStar II model and copied/replaced the fuel, weight and engine thrust data from his air.cfg and I am now finding the climb and high altitude (FL40 right now) performance is much better. She was struggling a bit before.
    Dear All
    Thank you for all the messages, and more so to the active contributors

Update 2

New aircraft.cfg

JS II Aircraft update.zip

Great input as well as from Mike17 - ex US naval services - thanks a lot Mike

Data from FAA Type Certification Data Sheet (TCDS) 2A15 Rev 11 Oct 2001, and miscellaneous available sales data. Model 1329-25 with applicable service changes applied to most capable airframe S/Ns produced (S/N 5201 and subsequent).

Actually it is above plane ( as there are several versions )

Variants

JetStar I

Business, executive transport aircraft, with accommodation for a crew of two and ten passengers, powered by four 3,300 lbf (14.7 kN) thrust Pratt & Whitney JT12A-8 turbojet engines.

JetStar 731

Modified version, fitted with four Garrett TFE731-1 turbofan engines, and equipped with redesigned external fuel tanks.

JetStar II (model 1329-25)

New production version, powered by four 3,700 lbf (16.5 kN) thrust Garrett TFE731-3 turbofan engines, and fitted with revised external fuel tanks, 40 built.

[GENERAL]

atc_type=Lockheed

atc_model=Jetstar 2

editable=1
    Category = airplane
    performance="Lockheed 1329-25 production Jetstar II\nCruise speed\n440 KTAS 0.76 IMN\nEngines\nTwo Garrett TFE731-3 3700 lb thrust \nMaximum range: approx 2400 nm full fuel\nService ceiling FL430 \nFuel capacity 18985 lbs\nEmpty weight\n24750 lb \nMaximum gross weight44,500 lbn\nMaximum seating10 pax 2 pilots\nUseful load\n3250 lbs at max ramp wt of 44750 lbs"

As most a flying now, next steps will take a bit of time- paintkit in the works- models as well

Thank you

Roland

PS:ANY CONTRIBUTION VERY WELCOME- ALSO CRITICS AS WELL. but IF YOU think something is wrong, also the proof of your opinion is very welcome

Roland, thanks for the updated aircraft.cfg and more generally for leading this project - it seems to have some good momentum now!

Engine starting - only Ctrl + E or the "autostart" button on the 2d panel works for me. The individual start buttons on the 2d panel spool the engines, but they don't light.

Fuel management - test flying I am getting uneven flow from the main and aux tanks leading to imbalances. Maybe can be tweaked to allow balanced flow at least for beta testing or until manual fuel management is enhanced?

Cockpit lighting - I have no illumination at all in the VC in night. No vclight.fx effects but also absolutely none of the gauges are themselves illuminated. VC is totally dark. Have some flickering gauges on the co-pilot side.

Animations - I keep discovering new ones - these are fun!! Arm rests, flight deck window shades on the track, cabin retractable tables and even the cabin window shades work.

Roland, thanks for the updated aircraft.cfg and more generally for leading this project - it seems to have some good momentum now!

Engine starting - only Ctrl + E or the "autostart" button on the 2d panel works for me. The individual start buttons on the 2d panel spool the engines, but they don't light.

Fuel management - test flying I am getting uneven flow from the main and aux tanks leading to imbalances. Maybe can be tweaked to allow balanced flow at least for beta testing or until manual fuel management is enhanced?

Cockpit lighting - I have no illumination at all in the VC in night. No vclight.fx effects but also absolutely none of the gauges are themselves illuminated. VC is totally dark. Have some flickering gauges on the co-pilot side.

Animations - I keep discovering new ones - these are fun!! Arm rests, flight deck window shades on the track, cabin retractable tables and even the cabin window shades work.
    Also the passenger seats will rotate 90 degrees towards center of cabin. (P3D V4.5)

Members who have read this thread: 9