Lockheed Jetstar II - Page 16
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar II

Quote Originally Posted by rightseat View Post
    Anyone have an issue with the pilot's side sun visor refusing to retract? I can pull it back with the mouse, but when I release the mouse button, the visor snaps all the way back to in front off the pilot's view. I'm using the latest version.

Thanks! :-)
    I don't have that issue in P3D V4.5 however the visor is not transparent.

Beautiful repaint - many thanks!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Beautiful repaint - many thanks!
    Thanks - I will be posting some minor upgrades to it in a few days. It is a very busy and fussy paint job, but I only need a few improvements, that to most, are not even noticeable.

By the way, is your basic fuselage, cowlings and wings showing up white or slightly gray?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I don't have that issue in P3D V4.5 however the visor is not transparent.
    I will try to make that visor transparent

Quote Originally Posted by rightseat View Post
    Anyone have an issue with the pilot's side sun visor refusing to retract? I can pull it back with the mouse, but when I release the mouse button, the visor snaps all the way back to in front off the pilot's view. I'm using the latest version.

Thanks! :-)
    You need to move further with the mouse. It goes from all the way back up to center front

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Thanks - I will be posting some minor upgrades to it in a few days. It is a very busy and fussy paint job, but I only need a few improvements, that to most, are not even noticeable.

By the way, is your basic fuselage, cowlings and wings showing up white or slightly gray?
    It looks close to the other dark blue textures already there. All textures names should be listed as texture.name
    whereas yours was just the number N313JS. But I guess that gives one the option of the color they want.

There is a N313JS already there but a different shade on the bottom of the fuselage. I would have to give that texture a different number so as not to over write
    the N313JS that is already there. My wings and all are showing white.

IMHO this texture strongly resembles texture NS313JEET (same tail number)

Thanks

It looks close to the other dark blue textures already there. All textures names should be listed as texture.name
    whereas yours was just the number N313JS. But I guess that gives one the option of the color they want.

There is a N313JS already there but a different shade on the bottom of the fuselage. I would have to give that texture a different number so as not to over write
    the N313JS that is already there. My wings and all are showing white.

IMHO this texture strongly resembles texture NS313JEET (same tail number)

Thanks
    I included a photo of the real N313JS in the download - that is what my texture is based on

Thanks a lot Mike

A ringer

I've substituted this one for the original N313JS paint. Thanks Mike. Looks nice.

Flying that paint right now and the white paint looks very white in the Florida sunshine!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Also looks good under that California sun (KTMP) - 29 Palms aka 29 stumps.

U.S. Air Force Communications is coming along. There are a few details to clean up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Com Metal1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	181.0 KB 
ID:	85255 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Com Metal2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	85256
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

COMING SOON _ "Ketchup 1" Jetstar II Repaint

N357H was a production Jetstar II owned b the Heinz Corporation:

Name:	N357H.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	346.1 KB 
ID:	85321

Last edited by gray eagle; November 25th, 2021 at 13:58.

N357H was a production Jetstar II owned b the Heinz Corporation:

Name:	N357H.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	346.1 KB 
ID:	85321
    Looks good, Mike! Got some fries to go with that ketchup?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Chrome reflections missing in PBR P3Dv4.5

Have deleted and let it make a new shaders file but can't tell what is the problem. Other aircraft are fine.

can't tell what is the problem.
    I can confirm the same problem in P3Dv5.2

FYI
    Version: P3Dv5.4 HF2, CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.3 GHz with HT on, GPU: RTX 3080 12GB, RAM: 32GB DDR-5, MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMuskopf View Post
    I can confirm the same problem in P3Dv5.2

FYI
    I think that it was that way back in its original format for fsx or what ever its first release was in. No chrome detailing was ever implemented originally as far as I can tell.

Have deleted and let it make a new shaders file but can't tell what is the problem. Other aircraft are fine.
    These work in P3D4.4. The chrome effect in the engines.bmp were implemented thru the ALPHA associated with that file. I know zilch about shaders - have never touched them

Maybe someone can flip them to make dds files with DXTBMP or other to see if that works

Thanks Mike (P3DV4.5)

Thanks Mike (P3DV4.5)

Thanks; I see your chrome doesn't show polished either -- curious and annoying! Also, I did not make them as PBR, just plain old bmps for older sims.

It may be something in the alphas channels or possibly specular textures? All my Carenado aircraft have brilliant looking chrome bits.

It may be something in the alphas channels or possibly specular textures? All my Carenado aircraft have brilliant looking chrome bits.
    I had no SPEC files in the texture folder, and there are none in the fallback "texture" folder.

However, the fallback folder "texture" has a mysterious "PBR_C.dds" file and fresnel ramp file. I know the fresnel ramp controls opacity and reflections, but never worked with them.

You might temporarily remove it from the "texture" folder, reload and see if that makes a difference.

Do any of the original textures in the initial download package for the JSII have bright chrome??

Hello Again

Soon once approved you will find a new Download for the FSX ONLY model

IT IS A MODIFIED (easier on Memory) MODEL which cures the CTD problem of earlier models

I have to thank many for help but in particular Michael Pook for modifying whole panel section ( from outlook and to cure the CTD's- looks a bit different ) and Erwin Welker

Known issues
    Still the VC flicker issue remains, as well as the cockpit sunvisor cannot be transparent
    Some gauge spot maybe empty, as we replaced payware to freeware, but may not have found all

Pls report issues here under FSX LIGHT

Roland and Team

Name:	2021-11-23_12-55-38-108.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	85367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VC.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	85368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-27_12-3-24-911.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	85369

However, the fallback folder "texture" has a mysterious "PBR_C.dds" file and fresnel ramp file.
    It was I that placed the PBR_C.dds file and ran it through MCX and export as P3D V4 PBR, It is not a true PBR
    as it takes other software that renders true PBR. V5 SDK (P3D) will do that. That file was what gives the sheen or
    reflectivity to the exterior. In MCX material editor there is a setting where it asks each texture file is PBR material

I would think areas marked would have to have a chrome effect added and perhaps that would render the chrome effect.

Members who have read this thread: 9