Lockheed Jetstar II - Page 8
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar II

Landing lights

I am not seeing "fx_JS2_landing" lights. It is in effects folder.
    Using default lights and repositioning, this is what I have.

No ground splash, has anyone worked this..?

light.12=5, 8.9, -12.63, -4.2, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,
    light.13=5, 8.9, 12.8, -4.2, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,
    light.14=5, 8.9, -12.63, -3.7, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,
    light.15=5, 8.9, 12.8, -3.7, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ll.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	84931

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post

**We think one gauge of Fraser McKays 2 D panel is causing the CTD. But as many others dont have that problem we are not yet sure
    Using just the original Fraser McKays 2D panel,(with new vc), I have no CTD and almost all switches and gauges work.

I changed fuel tanks in aircraft.cfg to correspond with panel.

Name:	fraser.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	84933

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I am not seeing "fx_JS2_landing" lights. It is in effects folder.
    Using default lights and repositioning, this is what I have.

No ground splash, has anyone worked this..?

Name:	ll.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	84931
    Did you put the texture from plane effecs folder to -->Sim effects/texture?

Did you put the texture from plane effecs folder to -->Sim effects/texture?
    Yes, texture is correct.

in all our test it did work, with more testers

in all our test it did work, with more testers
    Is there anything special or different about the effect..?

Should look like that

Name:	2021-11-3_17-19-1-978.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	84934

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Ed, I got it flying OK last night with the "light" panel .cfg file and the FSX-specific .mdl file, I guess you did too. I found that the vcrainstopped0000.bmp file in the XATCN texture folder was the key to clearing the windows in the VC view. I copied it and dropped it in the other texture folders and that fixed the window glass.
    Excellent, Thanks!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Should look like that

Name:	2021-11-3_17-19-1-978.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	84934
    I have FSXA and do not see the the default landing lights and definitely don't have the ground splash effect.
    If you have FSX and see the ground splash effects of landing lights can you please tell me what mdl files you are using..? I am guessing the P3D mdl files might have this splash effect.

Using just the original Fraser McKays 2D panel,(with new vc), I have no CTD and almost all switches and gauges work.

I changed fuel tanks in aircraft.cfg to correspond with panel.
    Interesting. Based on your report I made up a new a/c with the Fraser M 2D panel (original d/l from flightsim.com) with the current VC. No CTD (only used the cab gauge file from FM). It starts with Ctrl + E and only then some of the electrical gauges respond but I could not get a cold and dark procedure from battery or GPU to a manual start. Could not get lights or other functions to work from the FM pop ups. Even once up and running, none of the main 2D Fraser M engine gauges respond. Copied his air.cfg entries for fuel, electrics but that made no difference. In fact, I have never found a way to manually start this aircraft. Am in P3Dv4.5 are you too?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Interesting. Based on your report I made up a new a/c with the Fraser M 2D panel (original d/l from flightsim.com) with the current VC. No CTD (only used the cab gauge file from FM). It starts with Ctrl + E and only then some of the electrical gauges respond but I could not get a cold and dark procedure from battery or GPU to a manual start. Could not get lights or other functions to work from the FM pop ups. Even once up and running, none of the main 2D Fraser M engine gauges respond. Copied his air.cfg entries for fuel, electrics but that made no difference. In fact, I have never found a way to manually start this aircraft. Am in P3Dv4.5 are you too
    Ah sorry, I am FSX(A).

OK, I thought of something and added this to my panel.cfg. Eureka! I have electrics and the starter system works (with GPU) and engine gauges in the Fraser M 2D panel are working normally now.

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [Vcockpit02]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=0
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$vpanel7

//gauge00=dsd_fs9_fuel_dump!fuel_dump, 6,0,1,1
    //gauge01=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3,4,0,1,1,.\Ai rcraft\FM_Cockpit_Sounds\L1329_sound.ini
    gauge02=L1329!Systems_Process_L1329,0,0,1,1
    gauge03=L1329!Collins_IFS_Computer,2,0,1,1
    gauge04=L1329!Autopilot_Junction_Box,8,0,1,1
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thank you EXPAT

True community project help

Best regards

Roland

(wish I could do more)

One other thing - getting this panel to work pretty much fully caused the landing lights to not work. Solved that by changing the light coding from "4" back to "8" - Wing Lights - as there is only a wing light switch in the Fraser 2D pop up for lights. There is also a working wing light switch in the VC that also should then control the landing lights but I want to go back and test that.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    (wish I could do more)

One other thing - getting this panel to work pretty much fully caused the landing lights to not work. Solved that by changing the light coding from "4" back to "8" - Wing Lights - as there is only a wing light switch in the Fraser 2D pop up for lights. There is also a working wing light switch in the VC that also should then control the landing lights but I want to go back and test that.
    These landing and taxi switches work for me in FSX(A). They are a little tricky finding the mouse click areas.

light.8=6, 21.677873, -0.6053, -5.0, fx_landing , //taxi

light.12=5, 8.9, -12.63, -4.2, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,
    light.13=5, 8.9, 12.8, -4.2, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,
    light.14=5, 8.9, -12.63, -3.7, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,
    light.15=5, 8.9, 12.8, -3.7, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,

Name:	ll sw.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	84941

Didn't see those - helpful to know!

Also: it looks like you can assign more than one light type code for the same entry from your cfg?

i.e., light.12=5, 8.9, -12.63, -4.2, fx_landing , //fx_JS2_landing,

Sorry, it's my eyesight, I read it wrong. Never mind . .

Gauges

For me in FSX(A) gauges are fuzzy and not clear.
    For those not having this problem you might try Fraser gauges in the vc which work for me. In green boundary.

Name:	gauges.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	84952

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    For me in FSX(A) gauges are fuzzy and not clear.
    For those not having this problem you might try Fraser gauges in the vc which work for me. In green boundary.
    Noticed that right off the bat and considered that this is early beta (or late Alpha, lol) and much will change. However I'm a stickler for sharp gauges so I set out to correct it the best way I knew how (adjusting the "pixel_size" in the panel config file). I was surprised to see it was set to 4096x4096, which obviously had no affect. It's my understanding that the resolution of the gauges in the VC is dictated, at least in part, based on the size of the texture sheet the panel is on. In this case that happens to be a very small area of a 1024x1024. I plan on resizing that texture sheet to 4096x4096 to see if the gauges get any clearer. Just my opinion, but as it stands I think that no matter what gauges are used the clarity won't be much better until the texture sheet is enlarged.

Current System Specs:

ok, WRONG!! lol

No affect. After checking the gauges in FSPanel Studio (crystal clear), could it be linked to the model file? Coding possibly?

Current System Specs:

Ed, I know you have been successful improving vc textures on other aircraft. In addition to clearer gauges, the VC surfaces themselves could be higher resolution. In this bird, the gauges cover most of the main panel surfaces already, so not as much of an issue but other parts - particularly the window frames and adjacent panel surfaces aren't too sharp, at least by today's current standards. I know this VC was modelled a long time ago and I know little about VC modelling and should not expect doing this would be easy or it is realistic to compare against other, e.g., payware VC's. Just for comparison, however, I also show the Aerosoft DC-8 VC which I was using in the JetStar earlier to test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    ok, WRONG!! lol

No affect. After checking the gauges in FSPanel Studio (crystal clear), could it be linked to the model file? Coding possibly?
    I have a version ( not fully ready), where I moved from 1024x1024 panel resolution to 2048-->you have to double every gauge parameter

But that didnt change much at all

When ( there is real world too) I do the VC model again I have a deeper look in this.

If on the original panel.cfg, you zoom close to engine gauges you see that some bleed over to their gauge cases. usually if they are to big. Just does not follow rational criteria

Working on this and many other tasks

At least community can fly -->BELOW that is 2560x1440 screen resolution-->Panel Background $VCjspnl.bmp increased to 2048,2048

Name:	2021-11-5_17-6-56-679.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	84954
    Last edited by thunder100; November 5th, 2021 at 09:12.

Adding some fun/mood lighting with the FS Spotlights app - if you don't have it for goodness sakes get it, it's free (ok, well, donationware. but it's really great!). I will post my spotlights config once done. I want to tart up the passenger cabin now ..

https://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

Future gauges

In latest version I see a folder "Future gauges" which contains many bmp files of clearer looking gauges. As is, can not use these, so have to ask why was it included
    or is there a future catalyst file that will make use of these bmp gauge images?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    In latest version I see a folder "Future gauges" which contains many bmp files of clearer looking gauges. As is, can not use these, so have to ask why was it included
    or is there a future catalyst file that will make use of these bmp gauge images?
    These are for the volunteers to replace every gauge with the correct ones

I am right now doing FuelFlow and ITT

Members who have read this thread: 9