Handley Page Halifax Mk BII bomber for Fs9 uploaded

Thread: Handley Page Halifax Mk BII bomber for Fs9 uploaded

Handley Page Halifax Mk BII bomber for Fs9 uploaded

Hi Folks,
    Finally finished it and now uploaded!

A new version the British night bomber.

Took Ted's model, built and put new engines on it for early Halifax version. Basic multi-LOD for Fs9, new crew, bomb load-out, texture, loads of tweaks etc etc. Put Alphasim's Halifax VC in this model.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Halifax BII  5.jpg  

OUTSTANDING!! Looks superb. Thanks for your hard work and efforts Shessi!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Lightbulb

Thank you
    Result of first flight
    Take off (engines already running)
    Fly
    Landing
    Stop all engines
    Restart engine outer portside (view outside)
    Aircraft jump around and flightsim freeze completely
    Anything to go out flightsim not avail
    Have to restart PC
    Anyone ?

I just ran my Halifax through the same exercise, flew from Brisbane to Canterbury (landed on fumes). Refueled, started the engines in the spot view and all seemed OK, so not sure at this point. Do you have custom scenery installed?

BB686

Lightbulb

Custom scenery ?
    Yes my flight was on the Mauritius airport (freeware scenery)
    First time I have this "bug" there with any aircraft
    Will test it again when time allow !!

I don't have that scenery package, but I am using "Vista Oz" (Vista Australia) which is an older scenery package for FS9... Have never had any issue with any plane that I have used with it. I think it may be a longshot that scenery would cause the Halifax model to do what you're describing, but one never knows. I'll run a few more flight tests and if I see that sort of thing happening, I'll let you know.

BB686

The halibag gets its tribute

Shessi,

Thank you so much for your work on this a/c. Just flown a dozen 'touch and goes' at Mount Pleasant Airport in the Falklands. Very stable and steady old lady. Very nice late RAF camo and markings.

Changed the eng sounds from a Lanc to simulate the four RR Merlins this mark had. Lowered the contact pts a tad and added an elevator trim gauge and boost gauges to the 2D panel.

Put some weight into the a/c via the 'external1' tank slot to simulate a bomb load.

Very nice to see the unsung participant in the Bomber Campaign in its earliest iteration. Complements the ALPHA Halifax Mk.III nicely.

Thanks again for another great effort so soon after your equally excellent Sunderland. Love your WWII RAF textures and the attention to weapon loads.

With regard to bouncing probs when loading on the ground. Suspect it is a scenery glitch. I use 'UK 2000 Extreme' scenery a lot and at some locations when loading an a/c it seems to drop onto the tarmac from about 10 feet, but not enough to cause an a/c crash or crash the sim as described above.

Rgds
    Mal

After numerous flights, start-ups in the spot view and from different airport locations using different scenery set-ups, I couldn't replicate the events as described above. At this point I would suspect the scenery as well.

BB686

i've Flown a couple flights with no issues. Thanks Shessi!! Keep em coming....

Lightbulb

Test again and same .....
    Was able to capture images

Flight sim start (engines running)

I stop all engines

I start one engine (parking brake on) and the aircraft begin rotate and jump and all freeze !!

It's only happen with this plane at this spot ...
    Not a big deal anyways ... the aircraft fly very well .. no problems

Hi Nav,
    Annoying I know, but it must be a scenery/contact point conflict in your install.

With 180 odd Fs9/CFS2 downloads yours is the only prob (so far!).

Looks good scenery, but as the Halifax bomber (possibly a Halton) probably never flew out of Mauritius...you now know why....ha!

Cheers

Shessi

Thank you, much appreciated I have always found the lines of the Halifax both workmanlike yet appealing.

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Cheers Taff...yaki da!!

Shessi

Lightbulb

Looks good scenery, but as the Halifax bomber (possibly a Halton) probably never flew out of Mauritius...you now know why....ha!
    Yes indeed .. very good scenery (I recommand it as freeware) and it's my default flight (sim start from there) saved with the Realair C-172 as default aircraft

Members who have read this thread: 0