How do you update Steam xplane from .01 to .02?

Thread: How do you update Steam xplane from .01 to .02?

How do you update Steam xplane from .01 to .02?

new to this...

Blimey had no idea XP was on Steam....... don't like the sound of that....... what happens if Steam goes tits up?

FSXSE and other stuff updates automatically I blv. Possibly the same for XP.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    I bought X-Plane 10 off of Steam because I cannot run XP11 on this old system. I update right out of X-Plane itself:

1. Launch the copy of X-Plane that you wish to update.
    2. Once it opens, move your mouse to the top of the screen and click About, then About X-Plane. The dialog box that appears will show both your version of X-Plane and the latest version available. If these differ, there will be an Update X-Plane button in the bottom right of the window.
    3. Click the Update X-Plane button. X-Plane will automatically download the latest version of the updater program and launch it.
    4. In the window that appears, please do not select the “Check for new betas” box unless you are prepared to potentially work with some kinks (see “Using the X-Plane Betas”).
    5. If you installed X-Plane via digital download you may be asked to enter your digital download product key. If you own X-Plane DVDs, ensure DVD 1 is in the disc drive.
    6. Click Continue for the program to begin scanning your X-Plane directory. This allows it to determine which files need to be updated.
    7. Assuming there is enough disk space to download the required updates, click Continueto begin the installation.
    8. The installation files will be downloaded and installed. When the installation finishes, you’re ready to fly.
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Blog Entries
    Another way to update in Steam is to right click on your X-Plane 11 game and left click PROPERTIES, you will see tabs just go to the update...

Enjoy
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

thank you, gents

with steam you have to opt into the beta

Members who have read this thread: 0