Ships leaving rooster tails / surf waves perpendicular shore

Thread: Ships leaving rooster tails / surf waves perpendicular shore

Ships leaving rooster tails / surf waves perpendicular shore

Anyone seen this in P3D V4?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grumman A-6E Intruder, BuNo 164383, Modex 501, NH, VA-95, USS Enterprise.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Looks like the result of the wash effect transitioned through 90 degrees.

This was something that occurred with effects when P3D first came out and using FSX models. I believe the coordinate system was revised swapping two of the axes in the config file.

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    Anyone seen this in P3D V4?

Hi
    Even if this boat is a part of the Global AI Ship Project it uses a default Wake, which is not included in the package - are there any chance you can have got a Wake file from somewhere else? Did you move files from FSX or earlier versions of P3D to V4 or make a complete reinstall?

That might be it, I've been setting up an P3D Addons directory to place all my addons that can be read by P3D 3 and 4. I assume that your talking about "fx_wake.fx" If so, I'll need to take a look at it and report back.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    That might be it, I've been setting up an P3D Addons directory to place all my addons that can be read by P3D 3 and 4. I assume that your talking about "fx_wake.fx" If so, I'll need to take a look at it and report back.
    Yes, that is the one. THere should be one in your original P3Dv4 files, so if you can find that one and test it, then that would be the best. If not I can provide you one for testing. I can see from screenshots that my homemade wakes all work. I do not yet have P3Dv4 myself due to extensive business travel but I have got lots of documentation from other persons.

Send it as I think I may have accidentally overwritten the new one.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Members who have read this thread: 0