USAF Thunderbirds F-16D Mishap at Dayton

Thread: USAF Thunderbirds F-16D Mishap at Dayton

USAF Thunderbirds F-16D Mishap at Dayton

A USAF Thunderbirds F-16D has suffered a landing mishap at the Dayton Airhsow. At 12:20pm, the F-16 was conducting a Familiarization Flight with a civilian on board and apparently skidded of the runway on landing with the aircraft ending up on it's back trapping the Pilot and passenger. No further details are available at this time regarding the condition of both occupants.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"A landing mishap" eh.Looks more like a good oldfashioned crash to me.

Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Correction on last, the second occupant of the F-16D was one of the maintenance personnel, Staff Sergeant Kenneth Cordova and the Pilot is the Team Narrator, Captain Erik Gonsalves. I (like all here) hope for good news on both crewmen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They have my best wishes and prayers.

Their injuries were not life threatening. Tomorrow's air show demonstration was cancelled. It was a landing 'mishap' (no details).
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

The latest information according to the Team CO is that both crewmen are okay with no life threatening injuries. Staff Sergeant Kenneth Cordova is said to have no visible injuries and should be released soon. Captain Erik Gonsalves is said to have lacerations on his legs but is expected to make a full recovery. The prevailing weather at the time of the accident were Instrument Meteorological Conditions with a wet runway and winds gusting up to 25+ knots.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad that pilot and crewman are going to be ok. Sounds like flying conditions were not ideal, but I know they have to fly the area in advance of the show. Unfortunate, but, like I said, glad the pilot and crewman will be ok.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Not a good week for Vipers (OK ANG at Ellingtone), glad all are ok.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0