Glowingheat Lockheed A-12 Cygnus has been released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glowingheat Lockheed A-12 Cygnus has been released

Glowingheat Lockheed A-12 Cygnus has been released

I've finally released the latest in my Blackbird series, the Lockheed A-12 Cygnus.

Available from Simmarket, justflight, PC Aviator and FS Pilotshop today. Compatible with FSX FSX SE Prepar3d V3 and V4

For screenshots please visit my website www.glowingheat.co.uk

Excellent news ! Thanks a lot

Thanks! Will buy it for sure at 1th July (When my credit card is free again). A question if i may: is it good to install the Hustler and the SR71 in p3dv4 too? Thanks again!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Thanks! Will buy it for sure at 1th July (When my credit card is free again). A question if i may: is it good to install the Hustler and the SR71 in p3dv4 too? Thanks again!
    Hi,

Both the SR and the Hustler both work in P3D V3 and V4, but I have not gotten round to changing all the installers yet!

David.

Thanks David!!!
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

Thanks David!!! I purchased mine this morning and have been suffering through work all day!!! Lol
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

First Flight: April 26, 1962.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    First Flight: April 26, 1962.

Wow! is that with your shader settings? Or have you modified the textures? Either way, it looks awesome!!

Thank you David! I modified the alpha of the diffuse textures, and modified the specular textures and the canopy glass fresnel

One thing I noticed David, and it's not a huge deal, but repinters just need to know that the exterior reflection is set to 5 or 500% so any small amount of grey in the alpha is going to be treated by the sim 5x more than what it looks like in your paint program of choice. So if you have pure white no change, but if you have the first notch of grey in the scale it will actually be treated as a value 5x darker than it is. It's just harder to control the fine tuning of the alpha channel but it's still doable. Much better than if the setting was something less than 1. Fabulous job! Very excited to fly this beast online!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thank you David! I modified the alpha of the diffuse textures, and modified the specular textures and the canopy glass fresnel

One thing I noticed David, and it's not a huge deal, but repinters just need to know that the exterior reflection is set to 5 or 500% so any small amount of grey in the alpha is going to be treated by the sim 5x more than what it looks like in your paint program of choice. So if you have pure white no change, but if you have the first notch of grey in the scale it will actually be treated as a value 5x darker than it is. It's just harder to control the fine tuning of the alpha channel but it's still doable. Much better than if the setting was something less than 1. Fabulous job! Very excited to fly this beast online!
    Email sent regarding the textures

Can't wait to see what a professional can do to them!

did the A-12 ever fly out of Beale AFB?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    did the A-12 ever fly out of Beale AFB?
    No it didn't only The Ranch (Area 51) for most test flights and Kadena AFB for operational missions.

Hi David! No rush purpose on my post, just information:
    - Are you going to update de A12 installer to make it able to install in both FSX and P3Dv4 at the same machine?
    - Are you going to update the installers for the Hustler and the SR71 to make it natively available for p3dv4?

Thanks my friend!

Hi David! No rush purpose on my post, just information:
    - Are you going to update de A12 installer to make it able to install in both FSX and P3Dv4 at the same machine?
    - Are you going to update the installers for the Hustler and the SR71 to make it natively available for p3dv4?

Thanks my friend!
    Hi

Yes work is progressing on a v1.1 update which will include the new installer.

I will also look at redoing the installers for the FSX SR and Hustler so they can be installed straight in to P3D too.

Thank you!!

Version 1.1 is out! Thanks mr. David for your work!

Hi flaviossa,

No problem. Hope you like the changes - the installer should also enable you to install to multiple locations now too.

David.

Hi David! I´m with a little issue with the A-12 after the patch 1.1. Look at this video i made. In FSX:

The issue only happens with the FSX version. The VC is not showing in default position. Of course, i tested with my other planes and they show their VC ok in FSX. Only the A-12 is showing this behavior. I use Chase Plane for the camera. The VC of the A-12 was working ok befeore the update.
    Any hints what might be?

Thanks again!

In P3Dv4 is ok:

I have updated my paints for the new model in (v1.1a) and will upload them asap. They alter the Alpha channel much darker to use the improved reduced reflection scale for netter reflection control. Thanks David for taking the input from me! So far so good. Hand flew her up to 3.05 mach and 85K last night before a catastrophic PIO caused me to break Alpha limits and induce a LH engine un-start. Successfully restarted, after losing 20K feet of altitude in about 25 seconds. Then was unable to recover by hand at speed and altitude, and entered another PIO, before suffering dual un-starts and unrecoverable spin. Impacted the ground about 1 min post spin entry....that was quick! She's like trying to ride a wave with a long board with no fin at 60 knots! don't move an inch up down left or right, and you'll be successful!! George (AP) is the way to go with this bird for complete success...although truth be told that was only my second attempt to hand fly her, and I was getting much better...I bet 3rd times the charm! But there's no way to operate systems and cameras while hand flying. Too much concentration required to keep her within strict limits in level flight. Look down at your peril (Unless your looking at the TDI gauge) Don't look away! Great job David! One of the most enjoyable flights I've had in all of my flight sim time!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

In P3Dv4 is ok:
    Flaviossa, please re-download the installer, I fixed that bug a day or two ago. It was a bug introduced when I modified the radius of the exterior model....!

David.

I have updated my paints for the new model in (v1.1a) and will upload them asap. They alter the Alpha channel much darker to use the improved reduced reflection scale for netter reflection control. Thanks David for taking the input from me! So far so good. Hand flew her up to 3.05 mach and 85K last night before a catastrophic PIO caused me to break Alpha limits and induce a LH engine un-start. Successfully restarted, after losing 20K feet of altitude in about 25 seconds. Then was unable to recover by hand at speed and altitude, and entered another PIO, before suffering dual un-starts and unrecoverable spin. Impacted the ground about 1 min post spin entry....that was quick! She's like trying to ride a wave with a long board with no fin at 60 knots! don't move an inch up down left or right, and you'll be successful!! George (AP) is the way to go with this bird for complete success...although truth be told that was only my second attempt to hand fly her, and I was getting much better...I bet 3rd times the charm! But there's no way to operate systems and cameras while hand flying. Too much concentration required to keep her within strict limits in level flight. Look down at your peril (Unless your looking at the TDI gauge) Don't look away! Great job David! One of the most enjoyable flights I've had in all of my flight sim time!
    Hi Rick,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad it's given you a challenge. I look forward to seeing the revised paints too, I don't mind adjusting things where possible and I welcome your feedback! She can be a handful, especially during turns, even using the autopilot it can be tricky especially if the wind changes direction when going from one weather station to another. Quite easy to end up in the South China Sea!

At high speeds and altitudes it's best to cruise climb. For example the other night I flew 1800 miles at Mach 3.25 starting at 70,000 feet at a hundred or couple of hundred feet per minute climb rate by the time I begun the descent I was near 80,000 feet.

I do find it awe inspiring that a single pilot used to fly these, navigate and get intelligence data at such high speeds and altitudes. What a work load! This simulation gives enough feel of what Mach 3 flight is like, while a taster of how unforgiving it is at those altitudes.

David.

Rick, has you released your new textures?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Hi mr David, after a fresh reinstall in here, i´m noticing this:

Can you see the missing effect in the nose? This issue doesn´t happen in P3Dv4, only in FSX (I´m reporting here because the A12 topic is in SOH P3D section)
    Can you help me idenify what missing effect is this?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error_a12.jpg  

Black nose vapor effect

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 0