Glowingheat Lockheed A-12 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glowingheat Lockheed A-12 released

The Boeing Seattle Museum of Flight has the only M-21 (when the Drone was attached that was the designation, and yes the drone is there) left. Since I live relatively close by, I've had the chance to visit many times. I have very high res images of panels, rivets, the interior of the wheel wells, and especially of the belly. If you're ever in the Seattle area, I'd be happy to show you around. I work for a small aerospace company that you've likely never heard of...lol....so going to see airplanes is no more a chore than breathing is!!! Haha. That sounds amazing. Would love to see the YF-12 with Tacpack. In fact since the Aerosoft AIM-54 are included, you could actually use those as the droppable ordinance, and since the AIM-54 was derived directly from the GAR, it's essentially what may have come about in a production version. Could be really cool!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Hi Rick,

Thanks for your kind words I appreciate it.

Do you have original of that screenshot, I'd love to make it into a print for my office wall!

On a side note I will be making the two seat M-12 with D-21 drone and would hope release it in a few weeks maybe a month or so. I started to modify my original SR into a YF-12 but my A-12 has a much better model, and so that is quite doable! Watch this space. No guarantees since I have a U-2C manual turning up today, and also started a KC-135 but that's been on hold for some time!

Sorry to jump in here, but an m21/D21, a YF-12, U-2C, AND a KC-135? Wow! Sign me up!!!

Really enjoying the heck out of the A-12, BTW. Really have to be "precise" to stretch it out to M3+ & 70K feet. Not a lot "lives" up there, so lots of room. 1,900+ ground speed is an addictive experience. Now if only i figure out how to land it without using 2 miles+ of runway......

Bill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    The Boeing Seattle Museum of Flight has the only M-21 (when the Drone was attached that was the designation, and yes the drone is there) left. Since I live relatively close by, I've had the chance to visit many times. I have very high res images of panels, rivets, the interior of the wheel wells, and especially of the belly. If you're ever in the Seattle area, I'd be happy to show you around. I work for a small aerospace company that you've likely never heard of...lol....so going to see airplanes is no more a chore than breathing is!!! Haha. That sounds amazing. Would love to see the YF-12 with Tacpack. In fact since the Aerosoft AIM-54 are included, you could actually use those as the droppable ordinance, and since the AIM-54 was derived directly from the GAR, it's essentially what may have come about in a production version. Could be really cool!
    We visit Seattle enough that I've got a membership to that museum - and you're right - it's a treat to see the M-21 ensemble there. The SR-71 cockpit is nice to sit in too, even though the panel's been glassed over, etc. I ride my motorcycle a fair bit down into WA - I'd love to have a coffee with another SOHer!

Was down in DC earlier this year, and shot the Udvar-Hazy's SR-71 with just my crappy iphone camera ... sucker for Blackbirds!

(ps - I believe your offer to meet was to Dave - but just saying that if I'm down there, I'd also enjoy meeting you).

dl

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    Sorry to jump in here, but an m21/D21, a YF-12, U-2C, AND a KC-135? Wow! Sign me up!!!

Really enjoying the heck out of the A-12, BTW. Really have to be "precise" to stretch it out to M3+ & 70K feet. Not a lot "lives" up there, so lots of room. 1,900+ ground speed is an addictive experience. Now if only i figure out how to land it without using 2 miles+ of runway......

Bill
    What's your fuel state? you might be too heavy?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post

Bill
    Yes could be fuel, and if you have dumped fuel you may need to use the emergency fuel forward transfer. I usually land with 25% or less fuel, with little or no flare since the delta creates a little ground effect. The heavier you are, the faster you'll be at touchdown due to keeping the AoA - lighter is better and slower.

YF-12 with firing missiles, now that would be something!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Yes could be fuel, and if you have dumped fuel you may need to use the emergency fuel forward transfer. I usually land with 25% or less fuel, with little or no flare since the delta creates a little ground effect. The heavier you are, the faster you'll be at touchdown due to keeping the AoA - lighter is better and slower.

YF-12 with firing missiles, now that would be something!
    Yes, am likely a bit heavy, 30%-33%. Makes the jet a little "mushy", low & slow on approach. A "fully operational" YF-12 would be pretty neat. I was just looking at the real thing, a couple of weeks ago, as I spend 1-2 weeks per month in Dayton, and frequently stop by @ NMUSAF. Has quite the menacing look to it compared to the Blackbird, or Cygnus.

Bill

BTW, I bought this but haven't flown it yet. I finally got my WARTHOG Hotas to work, but I haven't had success with the rudder pedals yet.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in the history of the development of early stealth and the entire Archangel series of designs, I highly recommend From Rainbow to Gusto.

Ok guys, here you go...love the A-12! Re-did the painted areas in the paint-kit I've been putting together, and placed it over the metal textures of 924...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Couple items I'm having trouble with:

1. The LH side batwing (sun blocker) in the VC does not fold completely and stow away like the RH side does.

2. Engine RPM needles do not indicate power above ~78% RPM. They won't reach the RED line which I'm assuming is the aftrtburner?

I do need to RTM...but is anyone else seeing the same?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Hi 000rick000! I must say, i really like a lot your work on the A-12. I generally don´t ask this kind of question, but it´s so good, that i need to know if you´re going to make it public!
    Amazing job man, congrats!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

@flaviossa - Most Definitely! And thank you. I didn't do the base paint....just try to make it look it's best with a little elbow grease....I guess I like the work out that a buffer brings!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Couple items I'm having trouble with:

1. The LH side batwing (sun blocker) in the VC does not fold completely and stow away like the RH side does.

2. Engine RPM needles do not indicate power above ~78% RPM. They won't reach the RED line which I'm assuming is the aftrtburner?

I do need to RTM...but is anyone else seeing the same?
    Hi Rick,

When I was researching the bat wings, I found that the left side did not fold, and has a bracket unlike the right, so I modelled it that way rather than duplicating the right side parts.

Apparently the engines max operating rpm was 7450 rpm, anything above that required inspection and manufacturer notification. The red line is that limit I believe.

Blog Entries
    @flaviossa - Most Definitely! And thank you. I didn't do the base paint....just try to make it look it's best with a little elbow grease....I guess I like the work out that a buffer brings!
    Hey Rick,

Separate from your black/silver 924, will you also be releasing the prior iteration / prototype 924 (no black)? That is a superb rendition.

Thanks for your great work.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hey Rick,

Separate from your black/silver 924, will you also be releasing the prior iteration / prototype 924 (no black)? That is a superb rendition.

Thanks for your great work.

dl
    Yes, Both will be released. Tonight. They're both done. Just need to upload them. Please use Banana Bob's Alternate envmap for best results. yes, Dynamic Reflections is nice in P3D, but it's still not contrasted enough to offer as good of lighting contrast as the manual one...Well, in certain lighting conditions...I do like it for certain times for screenshots...but it makes the metal look less metal at times...which I suppose is realistic but in certain conditions of clear sunlight it will do it too...so I recommend the alternate envmap for all my metal skins.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    Yes, Both will be released. Tonight. They're both done. Just need to upload them. Please use Banana Bob's Alternate envmap for best results. yes, Dynamic Reflections is nice in P3D, but it's still not contrasted enough to offer as good of lighting contrast as the manual one...Well, in certain lighting conditions...I do like it for certain times for screenshots...but it makes the metal look less metal at times...which I suppose is realistic but in certain conditions of clear sunlight it will do it too...so I recommend the alternate envmap for all my metal skins.
    Thanks Rick - no hurry on my account.

I'm not home yet from travel, so my b-day present (the GH A-12 itself) has yet to be purchased. But I'm counting the hours ... I'll root about for BBob's envmap - I believe it's already installed as part of your B-58 paints - can't recall.

Anyway, thanks again for your work.

dl

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Awesome work with the paints Rick!

I'm also really grateful for all the extra bits of information throughout this thread.

On top of that, I am really excited to hear of the upcoming projects from Glowingheat.

Thanks guys .
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Rick's paints really take this product to a new level. As soon as they get posted, I'm buying.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Just.... wow
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

Just bought the plane! Amazing work centuryseries
    But i have a question: i have P3dv4 and FSX-SE installed in my computer. Aparently, when i install the A-12 in p3dv4 it automatically uninstall the plane from my FSX. And vice-versa. In other words: i can´t have the plane installed in both sims at the same machine at the same time. Is that the way it suposed to be? Any reason for that? Thanks!
    Last edited by flaviossa; July 4th, 2017 at 08:48.

Hi flaviossa,

Unfortunately, I missed that when I created the installer. To get around it, the easiest thing to do is to run the exe but extract to a folder that isn't in FS, then copy and paste the contents in the right locations in simobjects.

When I release a patch I'll get that fixed.

David.

No problem!!! I´ll wait for the new installer. Meanwhile i will study the plane in p3d

Paints Released!

Released! Should be available in the library shortly! Enjoy! Remember, please get bananabob's alternate envmap for best results!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thanks Rick! Does Banana Bob Env Map works well in p3dv4 too?

Members who have read this thread: 0