Does anyone have the Eaglesoft Citation X V2.0?

Thread: Does anyone have the Eaglesoft Citation X V2.0?

Does anyone have the Eaglesoft Citation X V2.0?

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/Layouts/cx20.htm

I am wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts or opinions on this product - The Eaglesoft Development Group's Cessna CitationX V2.0.

I have read mixed reviews, with some saying it is too old and not too pretty by today's standards (modelling, texturing wise), but others have said it is the best simulation of this aircraft. I am looking for a serious business jet, with all or most functions modelled.

They have a 25% off coupon on the site at the moment until June 30, 2017, so that is making it more tempting. I have been looking at this jet for a month or more, but haven't done anything about it yet.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I have used this aircraft in FS9, FSX and PD3V3.4. It is a great aircraft but it is showing its age now. it will not work in PD3V4 and Eaglesoft is not going to update it to work. Eaglesoft is working on a Version 3 of the Citation X, which should be PD3V4 compatable. There is a learning curve with the aircraft but it is worth the time invested.

Greg

Thanks Greg. I am actually looking for something with a learning curve, so that sounds good. I also heard about the new version in the future, although I haven't heard anything for a while. That's another reason I haven't pulled the trigger on this one, if they are going to release a new version in the near future. I do have plenty of aircraft already, so that's another reason, but I am a fan of all the Citations. It's a hard decision

Thanks for your thoughts.

Scott
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Thanks Greg. I am actually looking for something with a learning curve...
    Scott
    Have you looked into the FlySimware Lear 35a? It is IMO an excellent model and, it DOES have a learning curve.

http://flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A.html

Review:
    http://www.simreviews.com/2015/11/24...e-learjet-35a/
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/Layouts/cx20.htm

I am wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts or opinions on this product - The Eaglesoft Development Group's Cessna CitationX V2.0.

I have read mixed reviews, with some saying it is too old and not too pretty by today's standards (modelling, texturing wise), but others have said it is the best simulation of this aircraft. I am looking for a serious business jet, with all or most functions modelled.

They have a 25% off coupon on the site at the moment until June 30, 2017, so that is making it more tempting. I have been looking at this jet for a month or more, but haven't done anything about it yet.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    IMHO one of the "must have"bizjet! Of course graphics are a bit dated but the nav and the autopilot is second to none in this category of planes. The Flysimware Learjet35A is also a must have, particularly if you integrate the GTN 750 and the Milviz radar. Another one bizjet, very underrated, the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 25D SE V2, version 2.1 is coming with lots of updates. This plane is a real "Hotrod", 70' style of bizjet with excellent FDE validated by a RW Lear 25D owner.
    Regards
    Pat
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

Thanks for the input John and Pat.

I have also heard good things about the Flysimware Learjet, but at the moment I am more interested in Citation models. Probably because I read an interesting article not long ago about the history and evolution of the Citation series. I also have another Learjet (Lionheart Creations) so I feel like I don't need another one, but in saying that, I never say never. It can be interesting to have different models of an aircraft. That is kind of why I was looking at the Eaglesoft Citation X in the first place, as I was searching for different Cessna Citation models available for P3D. I have had the F1 Citation Mustang for a few years in FSX.

I probably will go ahead and get the Eaglesoft Citation X, as the systems are really more important to me than the graphics, and the dated graphics seem to be the only complaint I have heard, apart from being too complicated. In this case I am looking for complicated.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks for the input John and Pat.

I have also heard good things about the Flysimware Learjet, but at the moment I am more interested in Citation models. Probably because I read an interesting article not long ago about the history and evolution of the Citation series. I also have another Learjet (Lionheart Creations) so I feel like I don't need another one, but in saying that, I never say never. It can be interesting to have different models of an aircraft. That is kind of why I was looking at the Eaglesoft Citation X in the first place, as I was searching for different Cessna Citation models available for P3D. I have had the F1 Citation Mustang for a few years in FSX.

I probably will go ahead and get the Eaglesoft Citation X, as the systems are really more important to me than the graphics, and the dated graphics seem to be the only complaint I have heard, apart from being too complicated. In this case I am looking for complicated.

Cheers,

Scott
    Graphics are not a problem for me as I enjoy a lot the CitationX. The Xtreme LJ25D is far much better than the Lionheart(I have it too)and is a faithful rendition of this bird. It deserves the attention of people looking for a very good bizjet. If you take the Eaglesoft CitationX, I suggest you to login at Eaglesoft too. I forget to mention that Bjoern made excellent mods for the Flysimware LJ35A.
    Are ready to cruise at M0.92?

Regards

Pat
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

After saying you have enough Learjets I will mention that - was it a week or so ago on AirdailyX (I think) some screenshots of a Milviz Learjet. Could be waiting a looong time though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    After saying you have enough Learjets I will mention that - was it a week or so ago on AirdailyX (I think) some screenshots of a Milviz Learjet. Could be waiting a looong time though.
    That is the Lear 60 XR. You are right. It will be a while before it passes FAA certification.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Definitely more food for thought. Now I am tempted to get some more Learjets .

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Mussotte View Post
    Are ready to cruise at M0.92?

Regards

Pat

Yes. Yes I am

I also picked up the new Glowingheat A-12 today, so I will also be cruising much faster.

Definitely more food for thought. Now I am tempted to get some more Learjets .

Yes. Yes I am

I also picked up the new Glowingheat A-12 today, so I will also be cruising much faster.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...20F352B3D90941

I forget to mention all you want and need to know about the Eaglesoft Citation X FMS

Cheers

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Mussotte View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...20F352B3D90941

I forget to mention all you want and need to know about the Eaglesoft Citation X FMS

Cheers

Pat
    Thanks Pat 👍

Members who have read this thread: 0