Trees on taxiways - p3d v3.4

Thread: Trees on taxiways - p3d v3.4

Trees on taxiways - p3d v3.4

Hi all
    I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times but I have not found much information. I continue to use some FSX sceneries in P3D v3.4 mostly because the area that I often fly in (The Adirondacks) does not have much in the way of add-ons. I used an airport - K09, Piseco - in earlier versions of P3D but when I added it to V3.4 I found that even with autogen set low there are trees all over the taxiways.
    Wondering if there are any fixes out there that might help.
    Thanks
    Warren (aspen31)

Blog Entries
    You can "tighten up" the placement of the autogen by editing this comment into your Prepar3D.cfg file.

IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048.

Your ability to control the autogen is still going to be dictated by the actual autogen placements in the scenery you are using. The accuracy of those placements is dependent upon the original developer and the techniques he used. Be sure to keep in mind that only multiples of two can be used, starting at 16. Use the values of 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 or 2048 only. The higher the number, the more processor is needed to crunch the numbers.

You also have the ability to actually edit those files via the SDK. It's a tedious process, but it is good to know that you have the tools to "fix" the anomalies.

Background Data Explaining the tweak:

Polyline vegetation is rasterized into a sampling bitmap. The granularity of the rasterization is determined by the following setting in the ESP.cfg file:

[TERRAIN]
    IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=16
    The value of this setting is set at the minimum, 16, and can be any value up to 2048. The higher the number the more accurately a curved polygon will be rasterized. The value 16 indicates a rasterization of approximately 80 meters down to approximately 0.5 meter accuracy for the 2048 setting. There is a performance penalty with the time it takes to rasterize a region, and the memory required for the resulting sampling bitmap.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Hi
    Thanks for a very comprehensive answer. I don't use the airport in question very often but I'll play a little and see if I can effect an improvement. I recall that my friend Ed (falcon09) created a scenery on the East Coast in which I found a similar tree problem. He was able to fix it for me but I forget what steps he took or recommended to me. I have to remember that my Adirondack Airports came fairly early in FSX and while they worked in earlier iterations of Prepar3D this one , K09 looks pretty good overall but as of P3D V3.4 it has the tree issue.
    Always nice to have something to work on.
    Take care
    WH

Blog Entries
    Interesting that it has only manifested in V4. LM has changed how they render LOD, so I'll wager that those changes will affect the autogen density numbers. I'm going to take a serious look at that, as it will apply to all scenery.

My hi def scenery and autogen are dependent on at least a 1024 setting. I use 2048.
    This allows me to place trees in the center meridians of highways and very close to other "tight" building and fixture placements. So far 2048 has rendered my projects correctly.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

" Trees on taxiways - p3d v3.4 "

Members who have read this thread: 0