Beaver Adventures in a Different Flavor of the ORBX World

Thread: Beaver Adventures in a Different Flavor of the ORBX World

Threaded View

Beaver Adventures in a Different Flavor of the ORBX World

Hi all,

Well, tonight was a night to put my new MilViz Beaver through some of her paces. According to FSCaptain, I had 3 passengers plus a bunch of cargo to transport from Seward, AK to the Bradley Lake Hydroelectric strip, a private gravel strip serving the outfall / turbine area of the Bradley Lake hydro project. Inspired by Cavaricooper's thread, I decided to document it. (This takes place in ORBX Southern Alaska).

I'm embarrassed to say that, despite having visited the Kenai in the real world, I've never been here in FSX before, despite having owned the SAK region for a while. WOW.

Let me say first off that I'm running a very medium-end system. My LOD radius is probably much less than the typical serious simmer... so forgive the blurries at distance. They are my computer's fault, not the scenery.

So, we departed Seward an hour after dawn on a slightly hazy spring morning. It makes for some low-contrast photos... but a darn nice day for the Kenai Fjords!

Climbing out of Seward, over Resurrection Bay:

Bear Glacier at the head of Aialik Bay:

Through the saddle on the way towards Harris Bay:

Islands in Kenai Fjords:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leaving_seward.jpg   bearglacier_aialikbay.jpg   throughsaddle.jpg   islands.jpg  
    Last edited by stearmandriver; June 19th, 2017 at 03:29.

Members who have read this thread: 0