Windows 10 Update Heads UP - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Windows 10 Update Heads UP

Hello G,

I like your bike

When I see this progressive commercial, it reminds me of your avatar

This is just a bit of levity from an otherwise somber world.

This dude has a "narley" beard.......bit of a 80's throwback term.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    I'm not quit there yet but still feel a lot older than I would like too.
    With a handle that ends with "Beans" you would be most welcome in the Old Farts club.

Blog Entries
    Not sure why you deleted your post either Butch.

To answer your question about 5250.

I was looking for a unique plate for the bike when it was new. I was having a beer at Toms Place, a famous local watering hole, and was having a conversation with a rather attractive female attorney. I usually avoid conversations with attorneys, but in her case I made an exception.

She was talking about a 5150 she was handling. I asked about the 5150, she pointed me to the statute.

A 5150 is a 72 hour hold under California law, to detain a person for being a danger to themselves or others. I thought HOG5150 would be a perfect license plate for the bike...a tongue in cheek way of saying Hog Crazy. It's an endearing term.

Unfortunately HOG5150 had already been issued, so I did some digging. I found the 5250 code, which is a much more serious application of the same statue. A 5250 is a fourteen day hold, for the same circumstances, but written in a much more sober and inclusive language.

If you pull a 5250....you probably earned it. It was a no brainer for me...thus HOG5250. The handle has stuck over the years, probably because at first glance I may appear to some to be somewhat intimidating. I've kept the handle because, to me, it is a way of pointing out that one should never judge a book by its cover.

I was part of a hard core biker wedding back in the eighties. One percenters.
    We had the rehearsal dinner at a local watering hole. There was a piano in the center of the place and a couple of the guys said I should play. They were expecting some stride blues. Instead I gave them George Winston..."Thanksgiving".

The bar went stone quiet, they all puddled up pretty bad, but when they pulled themselves together I had a lot of handshakes.

I keep the 5250 to remind myself, and others, to not take things all that serious. The tin foil hat conversation is a perfect illustration.
    Last edited by gman5250; June 26th, 2017 at 17:52.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Not sure why you deleted your post either Butch.
    I thought Tom was hinting at my post and thought oops,,,maybe I oughta dump it.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

To answer your question about 5250.

I was looking for a unique plate for the bike when it was new. I was having a beer at Toms Place, a famous local watering hole, and was having a conversation with a rather attractive female attorney. Usually I avoid conversations with attorneys, but in her case I made an exception.

She was talking about a 5150 she was handling. I asked about the 5150, she pointed me at the statute.

A 5150 is a 72 hour hold under California law, to detain a person for being a danger to themselves or others. I thought HOG5150 would be a perfect license plate for the bike...a tongue in cheek way of saying Hog Crazy. It's an endearing term.

Unfortunately HOG5150 had already been issued, so I did some digging. I found the 5250 code, which is a much more serious application of the same statue. A 5250 is a fourteen day hold, for the same circumstances, but written in a much more sober and inclusive language.

If you pull a 5250....you probably earned it. It was a no brainer for me...thus HOG5250. The handle has stuck over the years, probably because at first glance I may appear to some to be somewhat intimidating. I've kept the handle because, to me, it is a way of pointing out that one should never judge a book by the cover.

I was part of a hard core biker wedding back in the eighties. One percenters.
    We had the rehearsal dinner at a local watering hole. There was a piano in the center of the place and a couple of the guys said I should play. They were expecting some stride blues. Instead I gave them George Winston..."Thanksgiving".

They all puddled up pretty bad, but when they pulled themselves together I had a lot of handshakes.

I keep the 5250 to remind myself, and others, to not take things all that serious. The tin foil hat conversation is a perfect illustration.
    Thanks for 'splaining that and now, I know, ....the rest of the story.....

When I was into bikes in my early '20's, I saw this movie; released in 1966, struck me back then as "cool" and "far out". So I took my Honda 450 and made it look like a "choppa"
    and my other Navy buds in San Diego were into BSA's and Triumph's (kick start only back then) and so we all rode around downtown San Diego and to Fallon NV (on squadron gunnery exercise).

It was a hoot till we all split up after we got our reassignment orders - probably just as well.

The Wild Angels - 1966

Did you see this flick?

Gman

I agree with the sentiment about not taking life too seriously. Love your moniker, very cool.

If I may explain my footnote on my earlier post (Aged 62years & 3years.). Just over 3 years ago I went to the gym after work with my lovely wife to do our twice weekly penance. After my session I wasn't feeling too well, quite puffed in fact. Having already had one heart event and not wanting to risk another I asked the receptionist to call an ambulance. Had a lie down on the floor and waited. The ambo turned up, the paramedic introduced himself to me & I arrested. He shocked me and got me back, and by then a first re-sponder doctor had arrived and as he was getting appraised of my condition I crashed big time. Major arrest. My poor wife watched me die in front of her. It took a bit but they got me back and stabilised and then into hospital. Managed to arrest again when on the table getting my heart seen to. Cardiologists don't like their patients clocking out on the table.
    Ended up being in for a week, with another stent, I had a blood clot form in a previous stent. So these days I have a heart that regularly goes into arrhythmia, pumps at about 40% of its capacity and generally doesn't want to behave.

So, I am 62 years old, but am also 3 years old as I got a reboot.

But you know what, I enjoy life immensely. I take very little too seriously and simply see the best in most things, even the mundane things in life. I have a gorgeous loving wife, a loving family, my scooters and live in an amazing part of one of the most beautiful countries on this planet. Whats not to like?

I've included a couple of pictures of my scooters. By the way, your bike is very cool.
    The Duke was my younger brother Michael's. I brought it off his estate following his death at 45 from throat cancer. The tribute is to his son and my nephew who had died 4 years previously from a heart condition called long QT syndrome.

Cheers
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R1100RSL_200K.jpg   20151101_145912.jpg   20170403_185742.jpg  

Just read my own post. What a numpty. Teach me not to keep my mind on what I'm doing. My brother David owned the Ducati and passed away from cancer. It was his son who died. My brother Michael lost his wife to breast cancer shortly after giving birth to their son. My apologies to all. I was thinking of them both at the time and didn't proof read very well.

Regards
    Paul

Members +
    No problem, Paul, at our age, we are allowed to have a brain fart or two.

In fact, it's essential!

I had to tilt my head a lot but managed to read that lovely memorial for a young fellow far too soon departed. Thanks for sharing it.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    Paul,

I really appreciate your post. It is so easy, on the web, to forget that we are all more or less average people, with our individual story. My wife and I walk every day in the wilderness around us. Part of our ritual is to do "Thankful's", out loud, every day on our hikes. The ability to enjoy the most simple things in life usually find its way to the list.

Back when I had my hot rod shop, I did quite a few memorial projects for my clients. I was always honored to be part of that process, creating a lasting memory for loved ones.

Love those pictures you shared sir. TY
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

G,

With all the hassle's you've had with Win 10, I am sooo glad I stuck with Win 7 64 Bit.

I figure the wheel was round enough for me...

gman

You are welcome sir.

Members who have read this thread: 0