Has EVERYONE now got P3D v4?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: Has EVERYONE now got P3D v4?!

  1. #1

    Has EVERYONE now got P3D v4?!

    I feel like I'm in a dwindling minority with v3.4! I only upgraded to that fairly recently ("Why didn't I wait?" you ask) so I don't want to go through the process again very soon.
    I suppose I could get the v4 monthly subs for $9.95 to see if it matches the hype!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.4
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

  2. #2
    Staying with V3.4.22 for the immediate future....
    V4 is still too young with bugs to work out and Developers to recompile their products to use in V4, I have too many add ons

    TuFun posted a link to a great post in AVSIM:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4-installation


    Rick


    Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

    " Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

  3. #3
    I'm still with P3D v3.3.5, but that's only because I have not succeeded to download the v4 yet, because my internet connection is too slow. Does that count ?

  4. #4
    I have v4. However I'm still flying v3.4 because v4 doesn't yet have tacpack or many of my AP I enjoy. I don't see my personal complete conversion until till tacpack is available.
    Commercial AS/MEL & Instrument
    Certified Airplane Nut

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I have v4. However I'm still flying v3.4 because v4 doesn't yet have tacpack or many of my AP I enjoy. I don't see my personal complete conversion until till tacpack is available.
    Same for me


    i7-8086K @ 4GHz, 64 Gb RAM, GTX 1080ti
    Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift CV1

  6. #6
    I got V4 right away, but I don't see V3.4 leaving my system any time soon. I recently got a new computer and have been re-installing. As others have said Tacpac is not ready for V4 yet, and ORBX has not yet ported over all there modules yet. I have been gradually re-installing and testing all my favorite aircraft. While most of them work fine in V4 there are a few that will have to stay in V3 and a couple that will have to remain in FSX.

    I setup a separate set of folders outside of the main install for v3 aircraft, v4 aircraft, shared aircraft and testing aircraft, I install into testing and once verified it goes into one of the other folders. Its pretty easy to setup and if there is interest I will post how to do it.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

    I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

  7. #7
    Flying and working in both V4 and V3.4.
    Also FSX SE and FSX installed for checking all projects for continuity.

    P3D v4
    Absolutely sold on V4.

    Primarily for flying and video work, but even more as a learning tool. Lots and lots to add to the skill sets, and this will take literally years. No time like the present to begin the process. At present, projects will need to be approached separately due to the proprietary nature of the 64bit platform.

    P3D v3.4
    For development and testing of 32 bit projects. Also doing scenery placements with tools that still favor 32 bit i.e Instant Scenery, SBuilderX, MCX etc.

    FSX SE and FSX
    For development and testing of those 32 bit projects intended for FSX users.

    Something to consider is that developers are burning the candle at multiple ends to cover the spread. This is an accepted cost of doing business for those staying in the game, but end users will need to accept the fact that those costs will need to be passed on. With the jump to 64 bit, products intended only for that platform should actually be more predictable due to the fact that the development curve for the actual simulator has reached a plateau. Logically, product development should require less re-engineering to adjust for simulator updates.
    Last edited by gman5250; June 15th, 2017 at 12:02.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

    Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

  8. #8
    When I can afford a new graphics card.........

    Right now home decor takes precedence...... AND if I ever meet the person who thought popcorn ceilings or textured paint was a good idea I will punch him in the eye. Taking that stuff down is a real pain.
    Intel i5-8600K 3.6 GHz Coffee Lake 6 Core Processor
    Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA1151 Z370 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Corsair 100i Liquid CPU Cooler
    Corsair 1000W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

  9. #9
    Tom has FSX, P3D v3.4 and P3D v4 installed. I am flying P3D v4 primarily patiently waiting to install my addons and aircraft. I still use P3D v3.4 for the development of scenery.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD


  10. #10
    Other than FS98, I've always been the last person to change over to the next big thing...CFS, CFS2, FS2004, FSX, never bought P3D...FINALLY, I'm with the hip crowd. Loving P3D4!

  11. #11
    loving P3D V4 here
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS


    THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

  12. #12
    Also on V4 here, nothing else!


    Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

    Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...2013-02-05.zip


    Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

  13. #13
    Finally have all my addons in P3D 3.4, figure if I get v4 it won't be my primary sim for some time. Prob just install V4 addons only.....as they become available.
    Rob "Muckdog" Schreiber

  14. #14
    V4 only. Finally, I feel like the flight sim has arrived.

  15. #15
    Close to getting V4 but can't get into the shopping cart at the LM website so I can't tell if they do Pay Pal or not. Also want to wait a bit and see how many FSX developers are going to upgrade and the prices of those upgrades. Sure would be nice to do away with those OOM issues.

  16. #16
    Unfortunately they don't offer to pay the dues by Paypal, just credit cards.

    Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

    Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...2013-02-05.zip


    Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

  17. #17
    Sure seems like it's everyone. I am still on P3D V3.4.9 and have been for some time. I was on the fence about P3D V4 in the lead up, but when all the hype started around the release time that somehow turned me off rushing into it. I have also just recently got my P3D V3.4.9 setup working really well with all the addons I want, so I didn't want to ditch that.

    However, now after reading even more hype , I am slowly being swayed to downloading P3D V4 pretty soon and installing it. I need to make HDD space, and I can't even add another one as I struggled to fit the last one in. I will definitely keep P3D V3.4 installed, along with FSX:SE, but the latter will most likely be bare bones and just used for the addons which can't be installed into either P3D.

    I also spend lots of time on DCS World and some on Aerofly FS2 and Rise of Flight. I will be installing P3D V4 pretty soon to examine it for myself and to make use of the new benefits.
    Last edited by scotth6; June 16th, 2017 at 08:10.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Staying with V3.4.22 for the immediate future....
    V4 is still too young with bugs to work out and Developers to recompile their products to use in V4, I have too many add ons
    Same here. I might start the migration here in a few weeks -- maybe. If so then it will be a very slow, gradual migration. And in any case, I think v3.4 is going to remain in some form or fashion probably for quite a some time.

    hazegraystudios.com

  19. #19
    I'm not planning to migrate to v4 anywhere in the near future. The migration means a disproportional amount of time spent on making things work, tweaking, etc. instead of flying. Waiting now for the pros to substantially outweigh the cons.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    When I can afford a new graphics card.........

    Right now home decor takes precedence...... AND if I ever meet the person who thought popcorn ceilings or textured paint was a good idea I will punch him in the eye. Taking that stuff down is a real pain.
    I think you'll find that if your computer ran P3Dv3.4 it will comfortably run version 4 or at least that's what I've found.


    Ian

  21. #21
    To all simmers who can't decide : don't you know ??..... P3Dv4 is the Mother Of All Flightsims ! the Latest and Greatest ! Don't believe me ??...

    Check this out : one of the most awesome and therefore also most demanding sceneries ever is Drzewiecki Design New York City X, right ? Could bring every high-end FSX or P3D machine to its knees. Total terrible slide show like ever there was. Even after the patch that was supposed to make the scenery more fly-able. Well, not with my machine it wasn't ( i7-4960X@3.60;GTX 1070;16GB; 30"@2560x1600;W7. Not that shabby, is it..). Still very much no-fly zone. Not even 10 fps, usually 6 or 7, st-st-stutter, st-st-st-stutt-stutter-st-st, and textures popping in and out all the time. I.e. totally worthless. Goodbye NYCX.

    But now !! Ladies and Gentlemen !! Drrrummrollllllllll.... Presentinggggg!!: The longawaited P3Dv4 with 64bit compatible version of DD NYCX !! :



    Check the fps in the top left corner. 35 fps average and smooth as a baby's bottom. That's the same scenery as in FSX and P3Dv1/2/3 only 5 times (!!!) more fps and 5 times as smooth !! I N C R E D I B L E !!





    Actually i never believed we could ever see this totally amazing scenery in full glory i.e. flying over it stutterfree with more than acceptable fps and smooth as silk. But the day has come !! And it's today !! And it's called P3Dv4 !!

    Just saying.. ;-)

    cheers,
    jan

    P.S. yes, i have FSW, let's have another look in a year or so. Also have XPlane 10, nightlighting is totally breathtaking indeed. Day flying not so impressive and neither are the aircraft models i've seen, even bought a few. And personally i just can't get used to the utterly and totally different UI compared to FSX/P3D/FSW. I just cannot feel 'at home' in XP. No AI is a bummer too. (if only it had good ATC for once ! )

  22. #22
    Impressive,,,
    Most Impressive...
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

    I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

  23. #23
    I went from FSX to P3Dv4 and words cannot really describe the difference. I am still waiting on REX to release SkyForce so I can have real time weather again (it is a total pain to put in weather manually!), and the F1 GTN products which will probably take quite some time. So I will still be flying in FSX for some time to come. As things continue releasing for v4 I will just continue the transition, but any new products I buy are most going to be for v4 only.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    I feel like I'm in a dwindling minority with v3.4! I only upgraded to that fairly recently ("Why didn't I wait?" you ask) so I don't want to go through the process again very soon.
    I suppose I could get the v4 monthly subs for $9.95 to see if it matches the hype!
    I'm still in FSX but am interested to try P3D except I can't if it means I can't bring my FSX (and some FS2004) planes in as well. This is a major issue for me as I got shocked when I added up my bills for add ons and it was over $5000! (If you haven't checked what you've invested, don't! It will probably scare the bejeezus out of you!) Do FSX plane import into P3D, and what are the advantages over FSX? Also, more interestingly does FSX stuff port into FSW? (The scenery in FSW looks amazing, but I think I'd have to boost my graphics card!)

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    To all simmers who can't decide : don't you know ??..... P3Dv4 is the Mother Of All Flightsims ! the Latest and Greatest ! Don't believe me ??...

    Check this out : one of the most awesome and therefore also most demanding sceneries ever is Drzewiecki Design New York City X, right ? Could bring every high-end FSX or P3D machine to its knees. Total terrible slide show like ever there was. Even after the patch that was supposed to make the scenery more fly-able. Well, not with my machine it wasn't ( i7-4960X@3.60;GTX 1070;16GB; 30"@2560x1600;W7. Not that shabby, is it..). Still very much no-fly zone. Not even 10 fps, usually 6 or 7, st-st-stutter, st-st-st-stutt-stutter-st-st, and textures popping in and out all the time. I.e. totally worthless. Goodbye NYCX.

    But now !! Ladies and Gentlemen !! Drrrummrollllllllll.... Presentinggggg!!: The longawaited P3Dv4 with 64bit compatible version of DD NYCX !! :



    Check the fps in the top left corner. 35 fps average and smooth as a baby's bottom. That's the same scenery as in FSX and P3Dv1/2/3 only 5 times (!!!) more fps and 5 times as smooth !! I N C R E D I B L E !!





    Actually i never believed we could ever see this totally amazing scenery in full glory i.e. flying over it stutterfree with more than acceptable fps and smooth as silk. But the day has come !! And it's today !! And it's called P3Dv4 !!

    Just saying.. ;-)

    cheers,
    jan

    P.S. yes, i have FSW, let's have another look in a year or so. Also have XPlane 10, nightlighting is totally breathtaking indeed. Day flying not so impressive and neither are the aircraft models i've seen, even bought a few. And personally i just can't get used to the utterly and totally different UI compared to FSX/P3D/FSW. I just cannot feel 'at home' in XP. No AI is a bummer too. (if only it had good ATC for once ! )
    It does look amazing! Would love to fly the Concorde into JFK! I also love the TD in your avatar!

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •