Has EVERYONE now got P3D v4?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has EVERYONE now got P3D v4?!

Having nearly no heavy scenery or airports addons, but just ORBX FTX Global series, pay- and freeeware meshes, various aussie or kiwi freeware airports, no blowtorch liners, but a fair bunch of freeware small to medium size aircrafts (although some of them are pure jewels even possibly above payware quality) for VFR or bush flights, I have gone the v4 way without regrets, just keeping v3 for ORBX data transfer when FTX Vector and the freeware airports packs will be released for P3D v4.
    Even if an 8Gb video ram is recommended, I can tell you that my HD7870 with 2Gb RAM performs correctly without exceeding the range 67 to 70°C. Only getting here and there a "part of second" freeze, assumedly when a pile of textures etc... are sent to the graphic card, and in standard cloud coverage, I can maintain a rather stable 30FPS (my freely decided FPS limit as I also fly MP).
    Of course, not all sliders are maxed to upper limit, only part of them. When the budget allows, will go for a more powerful graphic card, and push the sliders somehow more to the right.
    Thanks the 64bits structure, my 16Gb RAM now shows what it can bring to simulation!

My only regret is that I have to send to the flight museum some FS9 and FS9 ported to FSX aircrafts which could survive into P3D3, but not into P3D4 (Bücker Jungmann 131, Junkers 52, George Diemer amphibians or flying boats fleet amongst others) and for some FSX or early P3D aircrafts, have to wait for the release of 64bits coded gauges (.gau, .dll, dsd_sound_xml, etc...) to get back all existing sounds (MJ C-47, AlouetteIII, amongst others).
    For some other of my favourites (MS D18S specifically), Milton released already an FSX native version of his amphibian, and is working now on the wheeled version, which will, when released, make me a fully happy man, as liveries for the former version (I have some 25 in the hangar) will work fine on the new FSX native, normally.

So, no regrets at all, as all what I could check up to now is far better for me than the previous opus, and I still have a lot to discover about the v4.

Blue skies, folks
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    v4 for me!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

...and I'm having a fine time with my i7-4790K . Sliders not maxed but scenery looks good .

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    It does look amazing! Would love to fly the Concorde into JFK! I also love the TD in your avatar!
    Thanks, Josh.

I have a lifetime love affair with the MG TD. Used to be the proud owner of one in the 70's. Hope to be again someday. To me it's the prettiest and loveliest little twoseater ever developed. If i'd be givin the choice to take a Ferrari 458 or a MG TD home i'd take the Ferrari, sell it and buy 5 TD's ( Ok, probabely 4 TD's and 1 TC... ;-)

Another dream come true certainly is this NYCX scenery in glorious 64bit fashion. As far as flightsimming is concerned it means not even the sky is the limit anymore. You just have to see Manhattan gently floating by underneath your wings in this really hard to believe smooth way, like if there weren't thousands of neatly designed and textured objects rendered 35 times per second, to know we finally have arrived in Flightsimming Heaven.

Personally i have never experienced anything as spectacular as this in my more than a quarter of a century flightsimming experience. ( or it must be nightflying in XPlane...truth be told.. ;-)

Cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Unfortunately they don't offer to pay the dues by Paypal, just credit cards.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Yea that's a real bummer not giving out my CC over the net anymore. Just had my Newegg account hacked a couple of weeks ago. if they would have had my CC number that two hundred and fifty dollars worth of downloadable games they tried to purchase would have been at my expense. So no P3D for me then just FSX and Xplane 11.

Well that is disappointing! As the OP, I was hoping most people would say that if you've got v3.4 then don't waste your time getting v4, because it's not much different. On balance, most people seem to think it's very good, a significant step up and so well worth getting. Which is what I will no doubt be doing soon!
    Many thanks for all your replies
    Dave
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I haven't really been drawn into any of the alt-sims, past the original Boxed FSX+Accel. Tried 2-3, but none would have made me think about leaving a tried and true workhorse of a sim. Dumped those in short order.

That changed when I gave the new P3DV4 a shot a few days ago. I was so impressed after just a few tests, that last evening I formatted my entire FSX install drive, and as of this AM, I'm all P3DV4.
    That's something I would have never thought I would do, until Boxed FSX just wouldn't work anymore.

Going to give the new sim full focus for the time being, and I can always rebuild my FSX world if needed.

I think what intrigues me the most is that there is so much new to learn about P3DV4. Finally quite an important leap forward from the original FSX.

Forest

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    I feel like I'm in a dwindling minority with v3.4! I only upgraded to that fairly recently ("Why didn't I wait?" you ask) so I don't want to go through the process again very soon.
    I suppose I could get the v4 monthly subs for $9.95 to see if it matches the hype!
    Its going to be quite awhile if ever that I upgrade to v4. Im happy with 3.4 and I also am mainly flying XP11 these days.

Still have v3 and FSX installed, but have only flown P3Dv4 since installing it. Tried moving all sliders to the right this a.m. and was amazed. ORBX installed, and KSAN was showing 9 fps, smoothly! Went up to Montgomery Field and fps went up to 15, smoothly. Usually, in P3Dv3, this would shut me down, with sliders mid way. Freeways jammed, autogen as far as I could see, and parking spots full at the airport, and I could land without major stuttering. Oh yeah. Next flight to LAX! Finally.

New video card next.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I don't have v4 quite yet but will be buying it over the next week. Usually a day one P3D purchaser but I held off for a short while this time as there is usually a hotfix or two issued shortly after release.

I'll be keeping v3 on my system though and building up v4 gradually as updated addons become available. Some are likely never to make the leap so I suspect I'll have parallel installs on a permanent, or certainly long-term basis.

Given I still have three versions of FS2004 (default, Golden Wings and Silver Wings), FSX and FSX-SE as well the only change I've made this time around is to reduce FSX to a minimal install.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Despite my misadventure with a scenery that made me do a complete reinstall, P3D V4 has been a slice. Not flying anything other than this. I hope a lot of addons will be ported over. I'm not talking only about payware but there are some great freeware stuff also. I believe that V4 will become the go to sim in the future.

....and also, many thanks to the brave souls who are contributing to the compatibility list. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Bob

V3.4 is gone, only V4 now. Waiting for Tacpack and Milviz stuff to get all done with updating. Best sim I ever had :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have succumbed, and I do have P3D V4 now. I have purchased it but not yet downloaded or installed.

I will be keeping my P3D V3 installation alongside for the foreseeable future, along with a bare bones FSX installation for those products which only work in that sim and are still enjoyable to use.

I also have DCS World, Rise of Flight and Aerofly FS2 installed currently, so no shortage of choice .

I also plan on installing Cliffs of Dover with mods, Battle of Stalingrad and Falcon BMS.

Guess I'd better take some time off work .
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth

"BEST" way to get my MJ C-47 into P3Dv4

Guys: I've got P3Dv4, all the available v4-rated ORBX scenery, and Active Sky for P3Dv4. I've been flying my A2A Texan and Comanche all over the place. Yesterday I installed the Hotfix P3Dv4 http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/06/114375/. Downloaded it and followed the instructions as shown at this link: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewto...=6322&t=120861. Framerates went UP!

Only one problem now. I need to get my MJ C-47 into P3Dv4. I could load it the usual way, or maybe even just slide my C-47 folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 into C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes, but I notice that my A2A aircraft have gone into a special Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Is there a similar procedure to be followed for installing the C-47?

Has anybody here successfully gotten their Manfred Jahn C-47 into P3D4?

Thank you
    ATB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paughco View Post
    Guys: I've got P3Dv4, all the available v4-rated ORBX scenery, and Active Sky for P3Dv4. I've been flying my A2A Texan and Comanche all over the place. Yesterday I installed the Hotfix P3Dv4 http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/06/114375/. Downloaded it and followed the instructions as shown at this link: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewto...=6322&t=120861. Framerates went UP!

Only one problem now. I need to get my MJ C-47 into P3Dv4. I could load it the usual way, or maybe even just slide my C-47 folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 into C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes, but I notice that my A2A aircraft have gone into a special Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Is there a similar procedure to be followed for installing the C-47?

Has anybody here successfully gotten their Manfred Jahn C-47 into P3D4?

Thank you
    ATB
    I've installed it, but there are some issues that will pop up. Overall, the airplane performs very well, but the slow startup procedure doesn't work as designed for V3. None of the small niggles have stopped me from enjoying the airplane in V4, where it looks superb and flies beautifully. I haven't scrutinized every gauge and switch, but the airplane still needs to be flown by the book i.e. climb power, mixture, cowl flaps etc. If not...she'll torch up pretty good.

You can use the AddOns folder for your install, or place it in the sim as you would have done in FSX or pre Version 4 P3D. I put mine in the aircraft folder and had no issues.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

and now you can have the sounds back too.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...gauge-released
    Regards,
    Nick

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth
    Thank you very much for your help guys! I installed my C-47 in the airplanes folder in P3Dv4, and then did the gauge.dll switcheroo and it works! I can only find one thing that doesn't work, which is the ability to change fuel and cargo loads in the Shift+2 window. Not a big problem, as I can modify that stuff in the P3D fuel and load window.

OK, now to continue on with my flight! We'll still be in Japan, but at least we'll be on the move again.

Seeya
    ATB

I have been an FS2004 and FSX simmer for many years, and invested in quite a few addon's.

I purchased X-Plane 11 last December and am enjoying it more and more. I have been looking at P3D v4, but have a hard time forking out $200 for a sim that needs at least FSUIPC for my switches, and who knows what other add-on's.

And like many others I have add-on's that I just can not part from.

FSW still has a very long way to go, and I am not sure they can keep up with the competition.

So, part of the dilemma is; do I invest $200 in the purchase of a new sim (P3Dv4), or add-on's for a sim that I already have (X-Plane 11).

decisions, decisions.....
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members +
    Why does everyone call sim purchases an 'investment'?

It's actually just a purchase. it is just a sim 'engine', for want of a better explanation. It's intrinsic value is dependant on what you buy to feed it.
    It certainly does not increase in value.

Or is it a nice way of justifying money spent on something that is 'not for entertainment'?

(only an investment for P3D, & a purchase for FSX, as FSX is for entertainment?)

Semantics, maybe, but please excuse me, I have not had my morning coffee & donut yet.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    So, part of the dilemma is; do I invest $200 in the purchase of a new sim (P3Dv4), or add-on's for a sim that I already have (X-Plane 11).

decisions, decisions.....
    For the longest time I had the P3D developers license at the

"LOW LOW PRICE OF ONLY 9.95 A MONTH, CALL NOW, OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY!"

Sorry, about that, but I continue. 10$ a month is pretty easy even if it does add up to 200 by the time the next version comes out. I finally ended up getting the academic version for 60, many because some add-ons were cheaper in academic and others, like tacpack are only available for academic. I was also worried that when V4 came out I would not be able to by V3 and paying the monthly fee forever. Turns out that's not the case, you can still buy V1 but I don't regret getting Academic over Pro, only difference is a small white 'Academic Version' watermark in the upper right corner of the screen.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I tried X-Plane 11, was really impressed by the frame rates and detail, hated the lack of seasons and airports. I went with P3D4 Pro over XP just for A2A. They've said they won't develop for XP, so it was an easy decision. After flying the Texan in P3D, no regrets, looking forward to more of their aircraft. And surprisingly, my frame rates in the Texan over NY are even better than XP's default Cessna over Seattle.

Members who have read this thread: 0