Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX

Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX

Also posted this in P3D forum, but posting again for visibility. New B314 in development, P3D first, then FSX coming later. See the followin for dev screens from P3D:

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreak...eal-weather-v2

This is great news! Has to be one of my all-time favourite aircraft which I've really missed in FSX. Can't wait.

A must have
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yeah! I have been looking for a good 314 for some time, definitely buying this one when its released.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

amazing looking i will get it too i think would go great with my catalina
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Can't wait for this one! My all-time favourite flying boat. The original package included period scenery which I hope will come with the new version.

Isn't this a great year for prop lovers.

I am in a constant state of excitement with all these great projects and released of different vintage prop planes, like the PMDG DC-6 for FSX, A2A's Constellation, AH/Just Flight's C-47, Milton with multiple great releases and so on.

Man, I am in vintage prop heaven
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I second Manfreds post, couldnt't say it better. Looks gorgeous. Sure buy for me.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

OH NO !

The moths are already starving in my wallet.
    I am going to start selling my body.

Anthin...Prop Lover.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Isn't this a great year for prop lovers.

Man, I am in vintage prop heaven
    I'll slide in here too . Totally agree . Really looking forward to all of these . Especially all that Milton has released and will be releasing . The B314 Clipper a favorite

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    Can't wait for this one! My all-time favourite flying boat. The original package included period scenery which I hope will come with the new version.

Was this Bill Lyons you are refering too ? I think I remember a AI B314 . This man was waaaaay ahead of his time in the AC and scenery making . What an icon in the flightsim business .

Rich

This aircraft is history and a fantastic addition to our hobby. Bring it on!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    and the main Hero ;- ) of this book which I read this year:

For me Short Sunderland and Boeing Clipper missing always for FS/P3D...
    Dont know why developers don't like them .

Both was a beauty beasts.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I think one of the reasons they never made them for our virtual skies was the "limited" water physics in FSX/P3D.

Remember when Aerosoft brought out the Catalina? Everyone complained about the poor water handling - those problems had nothing to do with their Catalina, it was FSX...

However, Accu-Feel changed that all, so it's good to go now

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    I agree Tom; this looks awesome!

Happy they chose the B314 as I have the M130 on my list to do. :-)

However, secretly, I wish that they have the M130 in the wings awaiting assessment of sales for the 314. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Was this Bill Lyons you are refering too ? I think I remember a AI B314 . This man was waaaaay ahead of his time in the AC and scenery making . What an icon in the flightsim business .

Rich
    No, the original Pilot's B314. It came with a number of period flying boat bases. However, I also had Bill's Golden Hawaii package with the Sikorsky S-43 - another excellent flying boat with some great scenery.

Bill Lyons created his Classic IX Grumman Goose Adventure Package (payware, now freeware) for FS2004.

In this package are a series of adventures based on the old TV series: Tales of the Gold Monkey. In several of these adventures, an AI B314 Clipper is featured.

This now freeware package has been ported to FSX. It is well worth a look, as Bill Lyons packages have aged well and reflect his incredible and timeless flight sim art. His Golden Hawaii package is also a great adventure in FSX, and features the S-43 "baby Clipper", as well as many other period aircraft and a blimp too!
    Last edited by llanning08; August 21st, 2017 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    His Golden Hawaii package is also a great adventure in FSX, and features the S-43 "baby Clipper", as well as many other period aircraft and a blimp too!
    And animated whales too, if my memory serves me correct!

Just to add to my earlier comment about period scenery with the original Pilot's B314, this from a review when it was released:

"They have also included 14 sceneries of the original Pan American Marine Terminals around the world. Each scenery or terminal design was taken from the original blueprints used to build the actual facilities in the 1930s, so their authenticity is guaranteed, plus the manual includes a copy of each facilities' (only those locations included with this add-on package) original blueprint! The Marine Air Terminal (Seaplane Bases) locations included with this package are; Auckland, Bermuda, Botwood, Canton, Foynes, Guam, Horta, Manila, Noumea, Pearl Harbor, Shediac, Southampton, Wake Island, and Treasure Island (San Francisco)"

I have an original copy of the PanAm Clipper route timetables from July 1938 at the ready!

It would be great to have the Foynes base
    in the West of Ireland.

Anthin.

Latest from Pilot's:

On the aircraft side we anticipate the B314 - The Clipper to be released this fall. We have started plans for a Martin Mars and target a late 2018 release.

Thanks for the update. I'm REALLY looking forward to this one (though I'm still stuck on FSX so sounds like I may be waiting a bit longer than some). To my mind, the flying boat era was hands down the most "romantic" period of aviation; wild, remote adventures mingled with international politics and intrigue across both oceans. I've been wanting to recreate the original China Clipper flight since I got into simming (Alameda - Honolulu - Midway - Wake - Guam - Manilla) . I've made several long flights between tiny pacific islands using only dead reckoning and sextant shots and it works great, so period navigation is absolutely doable (and would be even more reliable supplemented with the early HF direction finding equip Pan Am used, guess we could substitute NDBs)... just need a suitable flying boat now! (And man I'm looking forward to Milton's M-130, the REAL original China Clipper!)

The other half of the equation is period scenery, especially for Midway and Wake. Those atolls with clear landing areas blasted out of the coral heads in the lagoons, and the big piers and Pan Am hotels would be awesome! I guess the original FS9 Pilots 314 came with something like that?

Anyway, I sure hope this model turns out as good as it looks!

StearmanDriver in the interim you might want to look at the CalClassic Scenery it has a number of vintage ports used in the Pacific and with the FSX libraries fixed it goes well into FSX (well most of it) check out the thread on CalClassic forum about FSX compatible scenery. I am remaining with FSX for the time being and I am a flying boat, amphibian and floatplane afficionado, as long as it has props. So there is now quite a good collection of these 'boats with wings'. JBK has a great selection of all the old ones which I flip into occasionally.

There is also the McCoy water effects latest version which is also helpful getting the spray and wakes but I also discovered a really nice spray-wake that came with the OZX Grumman Goose Redux which is pretty damn good as well.

It will be really nice to have a well modelled FSX version of the Boeing Clipper who knows others may come eventually but then again maybe not. Those I am unhappy with I get to work on and try and either modernise them or get the VC layout right and do some limited texture work as well.

FWIW I came across a gem of a Sikorksy S42 (s42nc822.zip. and s42nc822-fsx-ver2 at FlightSim.com) it was originally a MS 2004 model which has now been converted over to FSX. Not bad at all decent VC and has a nice cabin and views as well, uses the default DC-3 sounds but I am now looking for an appropriate sound package to fix that. This one went across the Pacific in 1937 and met up with the Shorts Empire boat, Centaurus, in Auckland. The S42 I must say was a real surprise as it is well very good, not sure about the bona fides of the panel, but the issue there is there are no pictures of the original panel to use in existance.

If your using FSX for this era of flying boat have a look at my reworked Shorts C Class and Sunderland Mark V both here in the Library. Very limited what one can do with VC and textures but both have given me nice FSX models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S42NC822M.jpg   S-42Panel.jpg  

Attached is a photo of a Sikorsky S-42 flight deck. Not sure where I found it, had it since May 2011.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sikorsky S-42 Cockpit.jpg  

Bendy, thanks for those aircraft suggestions! That S-42 looks really good, and heck, that's actually the first aircraft Musick took on the Pacific Clipper route as a proving run for Pan Am, so using it would be really cool.

I had looked at the Calclassics scenery. They've done a great job, but don't appear to have any period stuff for Wake, Midway, Guam or Manilla. I'd say Wake and Midway are the two most necessary. I'd be glad to do the landscaping myself, but my 3d object creation skills are non existent lol.

Members who have read this thread: 0