Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX

New pictures (FSElite), looks like still a lot of work...

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Beat me to it, YoYo. Yep, still looks like very much a WIP, but at least it's being worked on. And, the effort and detail that went into modeling all the different crew stations gives me hope that there's decent systems fidelity modeled. I don't need a new toy in the middle of summer anyway, to keep me up all night... an October release would work out fine. 😁

Oh wow, those are some really early shots hu? Quite frankly this is a tad disappointing, I was hoping they had made more progress by now....

It looks more like an Xmas release, than October Andy...

Still- I hope they do it justice!

C

Some more progress! This looks like a day-one purchase for certain. Per the Pilot's FB page:

Release time ... we expect it to be soon!
    https://www.facebook.com/pilotsgesmb...514?__tn__=H-R
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Some more progress! This looks like a day-one purchase for certain. Per the Pilot's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pilotsgesmb...514?__tn__=H-R
    Sadly, they've been saying this for the past 2 years. I wonder if the upcoming new MSFS will affect sales of this. Perhaps they should think of developing it for the new sim - that would potentially be a real winner!

Thanks for the update... still looking forward to it!

Yep , me too.

fortunately, a small update! Something I noticed recently in my perusal of things I can now afford (If they ever see the light of day) I was surprised to find a few new tabs on the 314 page, including a Downloads tab with manuals and documentation! (And a paper model, which I now need to figure out how to print) a features tab with some info and an updated screenshot page, which has some lovely views of the cockpit. https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages...9-64f534a61a6e I'm personally left to assume that release is reasonably imminent, if the manuals are out it mustn't be really far behind.Sadly, it looks like FSX has left the picture and they are focusing primarily on P3d 4.5+
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Documentation..!

Thanks for the good catch about this aircraft coming to production.!
    Sad for me as I only have FSX as it does look good enough to spend the money on.

For those in the same situation its definitely worth downloading the documentation as it quite extensive,
    especially the aircraft history with lots of photos, drawings and memorabilia from the time.

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=9c96eb9a-0097-4083-be89-64f534a61a6e&pageid=81d0f373-abf7-47d6-bdf7-24de51c1e2a7

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prepar3D 2020-01-15 07-24-25a.jpg  

Looks real nice, but I'm not seeing where this product is being developed for FSX,

Perhaps this entire thread needs to be moved to the P3D forum.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Looks real nice, but I'm not seeing where this product is being developed for FSX,

I'd say you are correct, as FSX was certainly a focus at the start but the move to PBR has put this one out past the fence so to speak!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    There is already a thread in the P3D forum, so probably wise to leave it here until we know for sure it's not for FSX. Which would be a crying shame if that was the case.

I'm afraid FSX is indeed out of the loop guys.

These days, no one is developing for FSX anymore. With the advent of MSFS, P3D v4.x/v5.x and MSFS are the sims that any payware developer who wants to make a living is looking at. FSX just isn't financially viable anymore.

This is of course just my humble opinion.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I agree - I'm still using FSX though, not ready for that big hardware upgrade yet, but I think there are so many addons for it that I have everything I'll ever need. I was really looking forward to the Clipper, but I understand why it's not gonna be available for such an outdated platform - it is what it is. To me the only pain point is the unfinished Vega from Wing42 - myself and quite a few other people jumped onboard with and bought the Beta at full price thinking that we'll get a finished product at some point. The developer pretty much abandoned it at version 0.85 (still buggy and unfinished) and jumped on the MSFS bandwagon (actually working on a second addon for it now). He doesn't even communicate on the support forum anymore. It does bother me that he just took the money, but hey, that's not the first kickstart project that never fully delivered...

Members who have read this thread: 0