Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Those I am unhappy with I get to work on and try and either modernise them or get the VC layout right and do some limited texture work as well.......

FWIW I came across a gem of a Sikorksy S42 (s42nc822.zip. and s42nc822-fsx-ver2 at FlightSim.com) it was originally a MS 2004 model which has now been converted over to FSX. Not bad at all decent VC and has a nice cabin and views as well, uses the default DC-3 sounds but I am now looking for an appropriate sound package to fix that........
    Imagine a set of polished metal external textures and new textures for the 2D and VC panel...

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I agree Tom; this looks awesome!

Happy they chose the B314 as I have the M130 on my list to do. :-)

However, secretly, I wish that they have the M130 in the wings awaiting assessment of sales for the 314. :-)
    She, an M-130, would be a beauty....(Compliments of Ron Cole)

I also came across the Sikorsky S44 this was a surprise as well as it has a fully modeled interior including the FE, Radio Operator and Navigator Stations as well as the passenger cabin. I think the textures and paints could do with an experts touch but hard to ignore this one either.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg   VC.jpg   VS-44 VC Pilot - Radio Op.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by stearmandriver View Post
    I had looked at the Calclassics scenery. They've done a great job, but don't appear to have any period stuff for Wake, Midway, Guam or Manilla. I'd say Wake and Midway are the two most necessary.
    The original Pilot's B314 included period scenery for Wake, Guam and Manilla but not Midway for some reason. Hopefully the new package will.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    The original Pilot's B314 included period scenery for Wake, Guam and Manilla but not Midway for some reason. Hopefully the new package will.

CalClassic has Wake and Guam. Look in Asia-Pacific in the individual list of all airports in "Scenery".

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    CalClassic has Wake and Guam. Look in Asia-Pacific in the individual list of all airports in "Scenery".
    Ah hah, thank you for that. I had looked on this page:
    http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm#Oceania

... and they weren't there. I didn't go quite deep enough down the rabbit hole ;-).

Oh boy, looks like Lake Winnebago is going to get a little more crowded! Hopefully no one does a Hughes H-4...Oh wait, there's still room on Lake Butte des Morts!

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Imagine a set of polished metal external textures and new textures for the 2D and VC panel...

Seahawk I do, I do, but alas that is beyond my capacity as a re-painter (the right program and skills), I call it a bit of a dark art getting metal textures right, there are a few folk who do it very well here at the Outhouse but I would not be so forward as to ask. And you can make stupid mistakes like the Shorts Empire, which I thought was polished metal but it turned out that they were not bare metal but were indeed painted with a sort of matt silver-white colour all over, so the original texture colouring was correct. Finding data or even a colour photograph of this era of aeroplane is nigh impossible but I came across a series colour shots taken by LIFE magazine in New York in the 1930's which was a real bonus.

which I thought was polished metal but it turned out that they were not bare metal but were indeed painted with a sort of matt silver-white colour all over
    Isn't that doping over canvas surfaces? Haven't seen the a/c in question but a silvery white is usually the sign of doping, especially in aircraft of that timeframe, IIRC
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    Isn't that doping over canvas surfaces? Haven't seen the a/c in question but a silvery white is usually the sign of doping, especially in aircraft of that timeframe, IIRC
    Agree, but in the case of the Shorts it was an all metal construction, it was an interesting choice of paint scheme, quite frugal, the silver-white all over with just the odd big of lettering and a couple of meagre stripes here and there. Have a look at this one:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Short_Empire_G-AFBL_Cooee_-_Rod_El_Faray_-_Cairo.jpg  

Anyway after this digression onto flying boats generally. Having a look at the pre-release pictures at the web site, it certainly looks well advanced. One thing in particular caught my eye the fact that it seems they have modelled mooring buoys with ropes to the aircraft, that is a first I think. The interior is impressive. Another golden bird awaited with happy anticipation.

Just a note on George Diemer the maker of the Sikorskys, I have had a little correspondence with him and he is still about but has done no more modelling since 2011. Given the tools he had and the state of the sims back then, his S44 and S42 are very impressive indeed a lot of time and effort obviously went into them. His rendition of period working radios is amazing actually. In fact I would go so far as to say were they given a makeover texture wise these models would be the equal of modern releases in FSX.

Wonder what happened to a fall release? Anyone heard anything?

Martin Mars

From their web site...

So, what is coming?

On the aircraft side we anticipate the B314 - The Clipper to be released this fall. We have started plans for a Martin Mars and target a late 2018 release.

I sent an email early last week and have heard nothing. Would be nice to know if development still going on.

I've sent them 2 emails over the past 2 months but haven't received replies to either, which is a shame. I'd like to think that they're still pressing on with the new B314 but it would have been useful to have more updates on their web site as there's been nothing new since the original announcement.

As they've now seriously missed the "fall 2017" release date, I sent them another email recently but, as with my previous emails, I've had no response. It may just be very poor customer relations but, with no updates on their web site for many months, it's starting to look a little dead-in-the-water (no pun intended). Still hoping...

As they've now seriously missed the "fall 2017" release date, I sent them another email recently but, as with my previous emails, I've had no response. It may just be very poor customer relations but, with no updates on their web site for many months, it's starting to look a little dead-in-the-water (no pun intended). Still hoping...
    its not uncommon for devs to ignore status request emails, take aerosoft for example they are getting bombarded daily regarding the A320 and A330 on their forum alone, VS and their B25 or VRS and the TACPACK for 64bit

Update to my last post. After emailing recently to find out if there was any update on the progress of the B314 v2, I received this today from Stefan Schaefer at PILOT'S:

"Unfortunately nothing than we work on it and proceed, though slower than anticipated. Definitely coming."

Great news.

Great news, thanks for the update!

Textures

No new updates that I have heard about.
    I did find that GLCTextures has done some work on the 314. Sad that its dated but
    still interesting to see.
    https://www.facebook.com/glctextures/photos/ms.c.eJw9ycENADEIA7CNThQIIfsvVolr~_7QcwqKg9PJF~_2J MG0PHVSbvjvfxf12TELJx3DmfzzFPbfz4Ft8~-.bps.a.395179550928841.1073741837.395025714277558/395179594262170/?type=3&theater

Wow......great news!!!!!!!!!!!

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Another update, this time from the Pilot's website: "On the aircraft side we anticipate the B314 - The Clipper to be released this fall. We have started plans for a Martin Mars and target a late 2018 release". Later than expected but, hopefully, worth the wait.

Another update, this time from the Pilot's website: "On the aircraft side we anticipate the B314 - The Clipper to be released this fall. We have started plans for a Martin Mars and target a late 2018 release". Later than expected but, hopefully, worth the wait.
    Vortex, reference your post from September 15 on page one of this thread. Is it possible there hasn't been an update? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by stearmandriver View Post
    Vortex, reference your post from September 15 on page one of this thread. Is it possible there hasn't been an update? :-(
    They did start their news update with "Well, that is new for us. We publish a Road Map for 2018 ..." which I don't think was there previously. It preceded the quote I gave above. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the info in my post on 11 Jan 18 is correct.

I fear this is another example of

1) Real world events/motivations pull them away from sim projects
    2) They announce with great fanfare they are back and working on sim projects again.
    3) Repeat step 1
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0