My Personal Benchmark

Thread: My Personal Benchmark

My Personal Benchmark

With previous Sims, whenever I get cocky and feel like I'm getting the best fps ever, I'll go to NYC and sit in slew mode above the city until everything loads, then fly a bit and see what it drops to, lol. It has never failed to bring me back to reality by putting me in single digits very quickly. I did the same with V4 and set the autogen and building density sliders to "Dense". This was the static result after allowing everything to load (approx 3-5 minutes). Once it was loaded I went back to flying and depending on the position of the airplane (my eyeview), it fluctuated between 9fps and 18fps.

My system is an AMD FX-4300 Quad Core, Processor is 3.9Ghz, 8Gig of Ram - 64bit/Win10 and an NVidia GTX 970 with 4Gig of Ram
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I do the same thing, though default LA gives NY a run for its money on FPS. I can't compare FSX to P3D4, never installed it on the new computer in hopes that P3D4 would come out, but I think the frame rates are probably much better in P3D. I'm stunned at my frame rates at Very Dense settings in NY, but I'm sure that will drop considerably once HiFi finishes ASP4/ASCA and ORBX has another sale on Global/openLC/Vector. Only hiccup was trying Ultra water detail and High special effects over San Francisco. P3D locked up, guess the 6GB GTX1060 isn't enough, or maybe there's a problem with the default Bonanza.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I did the same thing the day I got v4. With everything on Dense I was pushing 30-45fps, but still very smooth. The only real difference between our PC's is I have the 1080Ti with 11GB of RAM. I also have P3D installed on a SSD, and that might help too. I don't even go anywhere near NYC in FSX. The one thing I did too was test it in stormy weather with clouds (which kills FSX), and it didn't change my performance to much. I am still waiting on some complex aircraft, and REX SkyForce to really see what the sim is capable of. At least we don't have to worry about the OOM error going near NYC anymore. That was always my biggest fear doing trans Atlantic flights.

As far as sceneries that are more dense I noticed that about LA too when I slewed the aircraft there to test. San Diego also seemed to have a decent performance hit as well, and had tons of auto gen. Seems they spent a lot of time in California making sceneries.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

I actually get better frames over NYC than I do over London.
    I'm getting low 30's over London and high 40's over NYC.

Not what I expected at all, NYC's got a lot more custom buildings than London.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    I do the same thing, though default LA gives NY a run for its money on FPS. I can't compare FSX to P3D4, never installed it on the new computer in hopes that P3D4 would come out, but I think the frame rates are probably much better in P3D. I'm stunned at my frame rates at Very Dense settings in NY, but I'm sure that will drop considerably once HiFi finishes ASP4/ASCA and ORBX has another sale on Global/openLC/Vector. Only hiccup was trying Ultra water detail and High special effects over San Francisco. P3D locked up, guess the 6GB GTX1060 isn't enough, or maybe there's a problem with the default Bonanza.
    Here's my view from downtown toward the coast. . . .12fps was the best I got and that's with effects/water detail/buildings and autogen on very high.

USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

It's incredible seeing that autogen all the way to the shore. I think my previous GT630 would have burst into flames.

SOH-CM-2017
    Just installed Drzewieki Design NYC X v2 into P3Dv4 and tried your benchmark. I have frames locked at 32 and get 32.

I am running on a 4770K OC to 4.4 and also just upgraded video card to 1080ti which no doubt helps a lot.
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Members who have read this thread: 0