Newbie needs help making my game look and play like this

Thread: Newbie needs help making my game look and play like this

Newbie needs help making my game look and play like this

Hello,
    long time IL-2 1946 (modded) player who wants to try out CFS 3 with ETO expansion and Ankor's shaders. So far, I've downloaded ETO expansion 1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.4 hotfix, and 1.5 from the Aussie site. However, I cannot find a download link anywhere to Ankor's shaders to enable self shadowing and reflections? Once patching to 3.1a, what will be my next step to install ETO+ Ankor's shaders?

I eventually would like to install PTO and MAW as well, but first thing's first. I do not own WOFF so can't import scenery files. I would like to get this up and running so help is much appreciated! I am running Windows 10 by the way.

SOH-CM-2020
    You can find Ankor's shaders here at SOH: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=22449

Also take a look at the last few pages of the This Can be Really Interesting thread, and the last few posts in the Knowledgebase sticky.

Unfortunately all the bits n pieces have not been corrdinated into a single concise source, AFAIK.

ETO 1.5's stock scenery is miles better than stock CFS3, but there are various addons and upgrades. A lot found here at SOH. I would love to find the time to install von Obens 7 seasons upgrade for ETO, but the WM scenery installer I find very obscure - not clear where it all installs to.

HTH,

One of the challenges of having all the bits n pieces coordinated into a single concise source is that AnKor's work allows for many different custom refinements of the game. For example, every aircraft model we have could have its m3d files edited and new dds files created to properly take full advantage of the surface finish options we now have, each cockpit could be modified to use proper instrument lights, every xpd file could have dynamic gunsights, and contrails added. Then there are the changes to the sun effects, skybox, and every weather file to have them match precisely. I've been working on implementing these modifications for a couple of years, and I still don't have everything brought up to the new standards.

It's taken a commercial team like OBD, many years to completely transform the game, and put it into one complete package (WOFF UE), and there are still dedicated modders out there publishing improvements to take advantage of things they've missed.

Getting permission from Microsoft and all the original authors of the many add-ons we've accumulated for CFS3 would be impossible, so rather than publishing a single concise source I've chosen to provide example packages of the various pieces as I work on them, and guidance to everyone who's interested in doing their own modifications. I understand that it's an insurmountable barrier to the casual gamer who just wants to go flying and have all the latest improvements automatically available, but these changes are always going to be limited to the domain of the dedicated modding enthusiast because of the legalities of the situation.

Dynamic Reticles
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=19730

Instrument Lights
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=22572
    Last edited by MajorMagee; June 8th, 2017 at 06:57.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    @majormagee,

absolutely acknowledge all the variables mean a hell of a lot of work setting up. But also acknowledge you have shared fully all your efforts to get this great option out there, and you have provided the means by which people can make great things happen in their own setup, as time allows.

thanks, majormagee!

You guys are awesome! I downloaded the files and tried installing last night, but I could not get ETO to work in Windows 10. I will play around with it a bit more.

On an unrelated note, how do the fm and dm compare to il-2 1946 in ETO/MAW/ and PTO rising sun?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Check the sticky here on the forum on installing CFS3 in Win10. That should answer any questions. I also have several installs of Il-2 '46 and it's amazing in scope and detail when modded. Enjoy both and really into VP modpac and BAT for Il-2 '46. FM for both are really good and it's hard to say which is better. Having both is good for me. Just my opinion.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon23 Flight model

Many years ago when both games were in their heyday, there were some heated discussions about the fm in both. Who knows since there are very few folks around to let us know if what is simulated on the computer was like WW2 action. Wish CFS3 had the bells and whistles IL-2 has but modding IL-2 is a bit more complex. Alas, an academic debate and like most academic debates endless and usually inconclusive (often pointless too).

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Il-2 '46 has come a long way and it is much easier to mod than before. Have a fully updated version,VP modpack and BAT. All are easy to install and even easier than CFS3-ETO . Il-2 VP modpack is the easiest of all and seriously covers WWII ,where as BAT covers WWI to modern jets. CFS3 is still a lot of fun for me and been into the whole CFS series since the beginning. Il-2 used to be too complicated to mod for me but is now better as a dummy like me can get it up and running and is very stable. Go to a few other websites to get my fix and learn as much as i can about Il-2 '46. Been back into Il-2 '46 for around 8 months and trying to play catch-up. CFS3 will always be close to my heart though.

Members who have read this thread: 2