D18S Amphib Next ...
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: D18S Amphib Next ...

D18S Amphib Next ...

Working on this one now; first shot in the sim with texture conversions done.

Both cargo and passenger versions available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d18samphib.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Great news! I will really be looking forward to that one!
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Excellent!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Would that happen to come with xml gauges ?
    Sue

Oeh, that is VERY nice
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Great news! I will really be looking forward to that one!
    Yes, since Bjoern is doing the wheeled version, I thought I would get the amphibian done. Looking great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Excellent!
    Thank you Sir :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Would that happen to come with xml gauges ?
    Sue
    Of course; all gauges are xml. All textures and custom programming is FSXA XML.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Oeh, that is VERY nice
    Just got all the animations done with two minor issues to be fixed. Does super well on land and water.

Now will move into the VC to do those animations and tooltips.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d18sam load.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking, great... can't wait until we can gets its feet wet. Excellent job.. Thank you.

Interestingly enough, I recently redid my ol' cargo amphib paint for it. Might have to see how it works out in FSX native instead of a port over.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Those things are pretty rare. There is a float version that used to be based here in Duluth, Sky Harbor KDYT. They used to come up to the big airport where I work for low approaches or occasional ILS approaches.

Sorry about the frozen props... this was before I really knew what I was doing with photography hehe.

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Wow, great looking bird. Can't wait. \
    You keep this up, Mr. Shupe, sir, I will need to get a bigger HD! I'm gonna run out of room eventually...
    Looking forward to this release. Hope the water effects are as good as all the others have been!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Well this will be welcome Milton. I have coincidentally just spent a bit of time mucking about with the port-over version which I somehow confused with one of the other wheeled versions and then again with a one off version with a different VC with predictable results, a stuff up. (Teach me yet again to keep a log of what I am doing some times) Now I can relax and await the FSX Native.

SOH-CM-2020
    Oh yessssssss

Life's a Beech

Pete.

Blog Entries
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWW FANTASTIC!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Now, Ted, don't be shy like that. Tell us how you really feel. Stop beating around the bush. You must be more honest with yourself

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Beautiful textures...my dad used to fly one of the land versions.

Looking forward to this, Milton - any chance you can place some rear 'cargo' textures for us Air Hauler tragics (?)

Thanks for the comments. Just finalizing the cargo version with a few minor tweaks yet.

Yes, there is cargo in the back just as with the original.

I will contact a few texture artists to request permissions to include their textures with the package. Maybe by the time I finish the passenger version, I will hear back from them.

Here are a few textures from Urs Burkhardt, Manfred [Mani] D.Saliger , and Damian Radice; just some of the many that are available for download.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-jun-7-006.jpg   ms-2017-jun-7-005.jpg   ms-2017-jun-7-003.jpg   ms-2017-jun-7-002.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Looking forward to this, Milton - any chance you can place some rear 'cargo' textures for us Air Hauler tragics (?)
    This one will definitely be in my Air Hauler 2 fleet...in Prepar3d v4. I'm having so much more enjoyment flying in v4 than I've had in years. AH2 works very well (just be sure to install the SimConnect included in P3dv4). I've finally uninstalled FSX from my computer...no going back!
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Not the textures as supplied by Milton, but this should give an idea of the cargo

And for the curious, the exterior...

I recently redid this for an online flight we've got going, but it's now getting reworked with an eye to FSX native.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-jun-7-003.jpg   Flt 19-2017-jun-7-001.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Great news, Milton
    Have installed P3Dv4 and transferred some aircrafts from the v3. Whereas your Aero Commanders native FSX versions look fine there, the Beech 18 (stock, or FSX portovers) do not display anymore into v4 on my system (as do some other of my favorite birds.
    Knowing that the amphib and wheeled versions are on the workbench make my day, as I now know they will be back into my hangar!
    Thank you to all involved

Philippe
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Not the textures as supplied by Milton, but this should give an idea of the cargo

And for the curious, the exterior...

I recently redid this for an online flight we've got going, but it's now getting reworked with an eye to FSX native.
    That looks great Willy; love the cargo textures inside.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Gooneybird565 View Post
    Great news, Milton
    Have installed P3Dv4 and transferred some aircrafts from the v3. Whereas your Aero Commanders native FSX versions look fine there, the Beech 18 (stock, or FSX portovers) do not display anymore into v4 on my system (as do some other of my favorite birds.
    Knowing that the amphib and wheeled versions are on the workbench make my day, as I now know they will be back into my hangar!
    Thank you to all involved

Philippe
    Thank you Philippe; the Beech D18S amphibian should be available soon for testing. You are welcome to try it out when ready ... I will post it in this thread.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I think I now have the cargo amphibian ready for testing.

I am going to see what the work load looks like to convert it to a passenger carrier before setting up a beta for the cargo version.

If it's going to take a while, I will send out a cargo beta first, otherwise, I will combine the two.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Will the cargo version, with all the cargo installed abaft, have the weights listed for all that cargo, or even just slots for adding the weight in? Just looking for the "realism" factor.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Will the cargo version, with all the cargo installed abaft, have the weights listed for all that cargo, or even just slots for adding the weight in? Just looking for the "realism" factor.
    Pat☺
    Pat, there are 12 stations, two of which are for the pilots.

Eight are currently populated with passenger weights but they can be changed however you wish as long as you respect the CoG limits.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0