D18S Amphib Next ... - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: D18S Amphib Next ...

Looks Great Milton, gave a quick fly last night, I have been a bit behind my flight testing since I am re-installing everything on the new computer I got for flight sim. Tested her in P3d V3 and V4, flys pretty good, only one very very minor thing I can add that has not already been mentioned is some of the naming of the title= strings in the config are not consistent, while most are like

title=Beech D18S Passenger Globe

one is

title=Beech D-18S Cargo N9001 Methow

I am not sure whether is more correct with or without the dash in d-18s but I think they should be the same.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Looks Great Milton, gave a quick fly last night, I have been a bit behind my flight testing since I am re-installing everything on the new computer I got for flight sim. Tested her in P3d V3 and V4, flys pretty good, only one very very minor thing I can add that has not already been mentioned is some of the naming of the title= strings in the config are not consistent, while most are like

one is

I am not sure whether is more correct with or without the dash in d-18s but I think they should be the same.
    Well Dang! Thought I had gotten those right. That's why we beta test. Thanks :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post

one is

I remember looking at some old Beech literature that had it as D18. Either way is good though. More of a personal preference, but I tend to leave the dash out.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    maybee use this vcckptroof for final version?
    That looks good to me Banjoman; is that your texture?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton,
    Damned good being able to fly the D18 into my P3D v4! Just a short fly so far, and did not test all and everything, but so nice getting this beautiful old bird back in the air!
    Philippe
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    That looks good to me Banjoman; is that your texture?
    a friend does it for me a long time ago........will ask him if you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooneybird565 View Post
    Milton,
    Damned good being able to fly the D18 into my P3D v4! Just a short fly so far, and did not test all and everything, but so nice getting this beautiful old bird back in the air!
    Philippe
    Thank Philippe; I'm just happy that I can provide aircraft now that work well for FSX and P3D for a change.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    a friend does it for me a long time ago........will ask him if you want?
    Well, if the texture is now yours to share, that should be good enough.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Flying the heck out of this thing in northern Quebec and Labrador, both land and sea.
    Two minor things I have noticed:

Residual roundel from one of the other textures? Only shows up on both sides of fuselage in low vis- sunrise/sunset, and only with this paint. No sign on wing undersides.

Undocumented flare dispenser (which I really like ). Triggered by wing landing light deployment using "L" key.

FSX-A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NABP7-a.jpg   NABP7-1a.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Limekiller View Post
    Flying the heck out of this thing in northern Quebec and Labrador, both land and sea.
    Two minor things I have noticed:

Residual roundel from one of the other textures? Only shows up on both sides of fuselage in low vis- sunrise/sunset, and only with this paint. No sign on wing undersides.

Undocumented flare dispenser (which I really like ). Triggered by wing landing light deployment using "L" key.

FSX-A
    The roundel shadow is coming from teh fuse alpha channel, part of the original paint scheme; not sure if that was intended but can be easily grayed out.

The "flare drop" is actually the water droplets effect that normally shows after a water takeoff. Lights are used for that effect and therefore use of the "L" key is not recommended. There are light switches for all the lights including cabin.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi all
    I replaced the original cab folder with the new one but so far my results are the same - The red starter switch will not depress and the left / right engine selector switch moves but that's all. Control + E works - again this is all in Prepar3D v3.4
    I'll try it again - always a strong possibility that I screwed up.
    Thanks
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi all
    I replaced the original cab folder with the new one but so far my results are the same - The red starter switch will not depress and the left / right engine selector switch moves but that's all. Control + E works - again this is all in Prepar3D v3.4
    Thanks
    Warren
    Did you turn on the Master Starter Switch left of the Battery switch?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi all
    Thanks
    Warren
    also p3dv3,it work,but it is not easy to start,need to switch from engine one to two,then one start?starter do not release without this,engine does not start as long switch is not back.......

Hi again all
    Yes the master switch was selected, batteries on, mixtures rich. I re-installed the cab folder and found that this time it worked pretty much as the original. The starter button will eventually depress and as has been already noted by manipulating the left / right engine switches both engines will start - bottom line, I'm just happy to live with this one snag and enjoy how everything else in this machine performs so well in Prepar3D.
    Thanks
    Warren (aspen31)

Hi again all
    Yes the master switch was selected, batteries on, mixtures rich. I re-installed the cab folder and found that this time it worked pretty much as the original. The starter button will eventually depress and as has been already noted by manipulating the left / right engine switches both engines will start - bottom line, I'm just happy to live with this one snag and enjoy how everything else in this machine performs so well in Prepar3D.
    Thanks
    Warren (aspen31)
    Well, that is very disappointing to hear. :-/

Maybe we can get Spokes2112 to take a look at this from a P3D v3/4 perspective.

Be sure you do not have a copy of that ST_D18.cab in your P3D Gauges folder because P3D looks there first for gauges.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, that is very disappointing to hear. :-/

Maybe we can get Spokes2112 to take a look at this from a P3D v3/4 perspective.

Be sure you do not have a copy of that ST_D18.cab in your P3D Gauges folder because P3D looks there first for gauges.
    EDIT: I just verified your reported starter gauge behavior with another tester and he is getting the same results in P3D v4. I have passed this behavior on to Spokes2112.

EDIT2: Sorry, user had a duplicate .cab file or folder in the Gauges folder. Ensure that you have removed and ST_D18.cab or folder from your system gauges folder before testing this new ST_D18 fix.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; June 10th, 2017 at 16:05.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

EDIT: I just verified your reported starter gauge behavior with another tester and he is getting the same results in P3D v4. I have passed this behavior on to Spokes2112.
    Milton, I did have a duplicate cab file in the gauges folder. Gonna retry the start procedure.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

After deleting the duplicate "cab" file, the startup procedure works perfectly using the checklist.

Current System Specs:

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    GJLPH
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    After deleting the duplicate "cab" file, the startup procedure works perfectly using the checklist.
    Thank you Ed for that clarification, and that is P3D v4?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes Mr. Shupe - I believe he was using v4.....

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Yes Mr. Shupe - I believe he was using v4.....
    Thanks Bill; he said he installed it but was not sure that was what he tested in.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Bill; he said he installed it but was not sure that was what he tested in.
    Sorry Milton, shoulda made that clear. . .yes I tested the starter in P3D_V4. My Sims are now just FSX and P3D_V4

Current System Specs:

Hi again all
    Thanks
    Warren (aspen31)
    Warren, did you verify that you do not have an ST_D18.cab or folder in your Gauges folder?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Morning Milton
    I did find the old gauge in my Prepar3D gauges folder - not sure how or why it was there but once removed the start system worked fine.
    The airplane flies very smoothly in 3.4. The speeds and climb rates seem very realistic.
    In the past I have found the water roll out distances for most seaplanes quite long in Prepar3D so I tried a landing in Long Lake NY at about the position where most seaplanes touch down when headed toward the dock. I found that the Beech roll out was pretty much what I expected - very realistic.
    The only thing I haven't found yet is the water rudder lever, handle or switch.
    Thanks
    Warren

Members who have read this thread: 0