D18S Amphib Next ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: D18S Amphib Next ...

Amphibian Passenger version mods are completed and now in my final testing. If all goes well, I should be able to get out a beta of both versions Thursday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-jun-8-002.jpg   ms-2017-jun-8-003.jpg   ms-2017-jun-8-004.jpg   ms-2017-jun-8-005.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Excellent work as always Milton. Another great Classic getting the dust wiped off.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Excellent news! Would love to help test this.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Excellent news! Would love to help test this.
    Thanks guys. I should have the beta ready in a few hours.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks guys. I should have the beta ready in a few hours.
    Looking forward to it.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton
    I flew the machine for about 30 minutes in Prepar3d 3.4 around Long Lake, NY and aside from the usual start problem it is pretty much flawless. I can't manually start - the start push button highlights with the mouse but does not move and the left and right switch moves but does not appear to function (again Prepar3D). I have read that improved results may be obtained by adjusting starter torque in the .cfg so I'll try that tomorrow. In this sim the D-18 has better water movement characteristics than in previous versions at least for me. It taxis well and the takeoff roll seems quite accurate at non adjusted loads and full fuel. The approach speed and landing water roll also seem very accurate.
    Another great job. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Warren (aspen31)

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi Milton
    I flew the machine for about 30 minutes in Prepar3d 3.4 around Long Lake, NY and aside from the usual start problem it is pretty much flawless. I can't manually start - the start push button highlights with the mouse but does not move and the left and right switch moves but does not appear to function (again Prepar3D). I have read that improved results may be obtained by adjusting starter torque in the .cfg so I'll try that tomorrow. In this sim the D-18 has better water movement characteristics than in previous versions at least for me. It taxis well and the takeoff roll seems quite accurate at non adjusted loads and full fuel. The approach speed and landing water roll also seem very accurate.
    Another great job. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Warren (aspen31)
    Thank you Warren; I appreciate the feedback.

I am working to get the starter issue resolved.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Manfred Mani D.Saliger

Does anyone know how to contact Manfred [Mani] D.Saliger?

He was/is a member of Bush-Pilots.net, a German site.
    I cannot get that site to translate and I can find no reference to his name in postings there.

I would like to request permission to use his "Xpress" livery in the D18S Amphibian release.
    That is an excellent paint scheme.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

work´s great in p3dv3
    thank´s,nice to have a favorite back
    cheers Ralf

Seems to work OK in V4 as well.

Thanks to Spokes2112, we have finally resolved the Starter issue.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks to Spokes2112, we have finally resolved the Starter issue.
    Way to go Spokes!!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hi Milton
    Thanks for the work on the start system. Today I had a little more time and tried a manual start again without changing anything. I started the sim and the D-18 with engines running and shut them down with the mixture. This time the red button depressed and the manipulating left / switch caused the engines to crank not in the order selected - but by toggling back and forth eventually both left and right would start - not sure exactly why but a start is a start it seems. I'm encouraged that you may have found a solution and look forward to seeing the finished airplane. I have not found any other switch or control problem.
    Incidentally this machine flies to me more accurately in P3D V3.4 than in previous iterations. I have not flown it in FSX.
    Much appreciated.
    Warren (aspen31)

Hi Milton
    Thanks for the work on the start system. Today I had a little more time and tried a manual start again without changing anything. I started the sim and the D-18 with engines running and shut them down with the mixture. This time the red button depressed and the manipulating left / switch caused the engines to crank not in the order selected - but by toggling back and forth eventually both left and right would start - not sure exactly why but a start is a start it seems. I'm encouraged that you may have found a solution and look forward to seeing the finished airplane. I have not found any other switch or control problem.
    Incidentally this machine flies to me more accurately in P3D V3.4 than in previous iterations. I have not flown it in FSX.
    Much appreciated.
    Warren (aspen31)
    Warren, yes, that switch behavior is the same for me in FSXA. It is resolved now; works flawlessly so far, thanks to Spokes2112.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks very much Milton
    Will the fix be included in the final release?
    All the best!
    Warren

Thanks very much Milton
    Will the fix be included in the final release?
    All the best!
    Warren
    Yes, of course. I can attach the gauge here if you know how to put it in the .cab file, or decompress the cab file to a folder.

The gauge will only work for the FSX version (not FS9 versions).

I am hoping to release the final version this weekend but was awaiting more test reports. So far, this is the only reported issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Works Great

Mr. Shupe, just a followup with many kudos for a wonderful airplane. I've had fun plunking down in the lakes in Alaska and the PNW. As a confirmation, your updated starter guage file works so much smoother and better than the original. I had more problem creating the new .cab than anything else. Finally fingered it out and it works like a charm in FSX-A. I love the Bush Pilot texture. Thank you again . Not much else to add to the plane, unless you can place a smiling sweetie in the right seat..

Great Job.. thank you again.. Terry

Hi Milton,

You mentioned FSX only.. If and only if, there was any problem in FS9 with the starter, this code should (99.9%) go back to 9 & hopefully go forward beyond P3Dv6.9, HA!
    Glad it's working for y'all

Keep cool, (cuz it's going to be hot as hades in WI)
    Roman
    Roman

Yes, of course. I can attach the gauge here if you know how to put it in the .cab file, or decompress the cab file to a folder.

I am hoping to release the final version this weekend but was awaiting more test reports. So far, this is the only reported issue.

maybee use this vcckptroof for final version?

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    Hi Milton,

You mentioned FSX only.. If and only if, there was any problem in FS9 with the starter, this code should (99.9%) go back to 9 & hopefully go forward beyond P3Dv6.9, HA!
    Glad it's working for y'all

Keep cool, (cuz it's going to be hot as hades in WI)
    Roman
    Roman,

Yes, the FS9 side had the same switch, same problem.

Yup, 102 here today in SE NM.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Roman,

Yes, the FS9 side had the same switch, same problem.

Yup, 102 here today in SE NM.

The reason I said FSX only is I only tested it there, as you had tested there only. I'll try it on the FS9 side here shortly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The reason I said FSX only is I only tested it there, as you had tested there only. I'll try it on the FS9 side here shortly.

Happy to report that the starter switch works perfectly in FS9 D18S variants as well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I should have stated in my quote above that I only tested the switch in FSX native version.

I can now report that the FS9 versions work with this starter gauge as well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

D18S Starter Fix for FS9 and FSX

For many of you who asked about a starter fix for the D18S, we now have that working in both FSX and FS9.

Simply copy this ST_D18 folder to your D18S panel folder replacing your existing ST_D18.cab file or folder.

Thanks to Spokes2112 for this replacement starter gauge.

Attached: ST_D18.cab

----------------------------------------------------
    Installation Readme included:

To install:

Simply copy the ST_D18 folder to your D18S/Panel folder replacing your existing ST_D18.cab file or folder. You might rename your old one to save as a fallback.

With this new starter switch, you may start either engine first.

1. Turn in the starter master switch (next to the Batter switch
    2. Select the engine to be started
    3. Press the starter button.

Note the Ignition Boost and Primer switches are simply Dummy switches and unncessary for a successful start. That has not changed.

Furthermore, for those of you who increased the starter torque in the aircraft.cfg, you may reduce that back to lower settings for a more realistic start.

Lastly, you can hold down the starter button to prolong cranking.

Hope this resolves your starting frustrations with the D18S.

Thanks to Spokes2112 for the working starter gauge.

Milton Shupe

EDIT: I am replacing the ST_D18.cab file with a folder as the decompression takes so long. With the folder, the aircraft loads much faster.

If you downloaded the earlier uploaded .cab file, you can decompress it or download this attachment.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; June 10th, 2017 at 06:42.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0