Error Code

Thread: Error Code

Error Code

I have done a reinstall went through the process of activation for both FSX and acceleration, tried and it work then reinstalled some Orbx scenery and a few aircraft. I am now however getting an error code 1-80004005?

it appears that I have not activated FSX etc. but it does load but the preview screen is black and it you press fly it loads to 100% and just hangs.

How do I cure this??

Seems Acceleration was not installed or activated. I have tried again to install and same problem

Try creating a new user account on the computer and try to activate acceleration. Sometimes the user account gets corrupted and weird things happen.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Here is a copy and paste from somewhere else for you.

To Fix this problem you will need to edit a value in the "System Registry" Click start menu > type into the search box ( regedit ) you will see listed under programs - an icon "regedit.exe" > click "regedit.exe" program icon, to open > We will be searching for this Key > {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} (Case sensitive) exactly as shown, it will be found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE as you will see from the directory tree in the picture below.
    Please be aware you are about to delve into the system registry, accidently changing a critical value in the wrong place may cause failure to boot or unstable OS. However if you follow the instructions you should have no problems with this simple edit which only affects FSX.
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    > SYSTEM
    > CurrentControlSet
    > Control
    > Class
    > {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

• In the Right panel lowest entry find UpperFilters then double click the word "UpperFilters" a dialog panel will open.
    • In the dialog box "lower white section" - Change Data value to PartMgr as shown in the below picture. Note case sensitive Value capital P Capital M
    • When you have edited the value in the Dialog click "OK" to close then exit regedit.
    • Start FSX and you will be presented with the FSX Acceleration Activation panel, Enter your 25 character Acceleration product Key, allow online verification.
    • Activation should be complete, No more demo mode, but you may also need to accept the new AccPack Joystick key map for new aircraft and mission pack as part of the process.
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks for the replies.

Going to investigate further, with regards to the Hkey I am sure it was showing the correct information.

By the way I am on Windows 10.

Members who have read this thread: 0