France VFR

Thread: France VFR

France VFR

Does anybody know something about France VFR scenery in relation to P3Dv4 ?

F.i. can we expect new installers shortly ? ( i understand by now that it is commonly not a good idea to install P3Dv3 compatible scenery into v4 without actual support of the developer )

Thanks for any tips !

cheers,
    jan

Hi Jan,

I don't have P3D V4 yet, but France VFR didn't officially update a lot of their products for V3 (eg Nextmesh products were stated to be up to P3D V2.5 only, however they work in P3D V3 fine). Their more recent products were stated to be for P3D V3.

Hopefully they do decide to update all their products with official installers, however I'm sure there would be a work around to install their products in P3D V4 if needed. The way I understand it, the main concern with manually installing addons in to P3D v4 is to adhere to the new file structure. This was also the case for V3 (eg addons installed outside of the root sim folder), but most products, particularly addons such as mesh and PR should be able to be easily added to the P3D V4 scenery.cfg from their current location from previous sim versions.

Cheers,

Scott
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I haven't tried with P3Dv4 yet, but with FSW their products (PhotoHD or RegionalVFR with 3DA autogen) work pretty well in FlightSimWorld.
    The trick is to "install" their library "AGX" correctly. It won't accept to install in the FSW folder for me, despite the fake FSX.exe and Terrain.cfg files I created in there. So I had to transfer the autogen folder and a few textures from the P3Dv3 folders to the FSX folder and it worked.
    I guess it's going to be the same in P3Dv4.

Merci bien mes amis !

I have been reading up about P3Dv4 in the FranceVFR forum but despite my opening line here my french isn't worth a centime. Translation in my own language (dutch) isn't helping much neither because of the relative complexity of the subject. I did pickup the fact about the AGX library but i am very reluctant to try that right now. Don't want to mess up my precious P3Dv4. F.i. in FSX i became stuck with third party trees i didn't like afterall and couldn't get rid of anymore.

Here's the thread about the new AGX 2.0 version and P3Dv4 but already in the third post someone couldn't get it to work.. :

http://www.vfrnetwork.com/forums/ind...rsion-agx-200/

I think it's best for me to show some patience and wait for a first successfull report. I have used many France VFR sceneries in FSX and love them very much. Particularly interested how their 'Ile de France' scenery will work in P3Dv4. Totally amazing but quite a slide show in FSX...

Anyway, thanks again for your reaction, gents ! If you happen to know about any updates regarding FranceVFR and P3Dv4 i'd love to hear about it, naturellement !

Cheers,
    Jan

P.S. @ Daube : do you have in mind installing FranceVFR sceneries in your P3Dv4 sooner or later ??......

Members who have read this thread: 0