Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

This is the way I do it as well.

I created a fake FSX installation with the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X".
    Within that, I added the Addon Modules, Addon Scenery, Effects, Gauges, Modules, Scenery (including the World\Scenery sub folders), Sound, SimObjects (including the Airplanes, Animals, Boats, Rotorcraft, GroundVehicles and Misc folders) and Texture folders.

This way, whenever I have to run an "FSX only" installer, I just point it to this fake installation and let it run.
    Then I just check each folder and if something was installed to it, I just move it over to the similarly named folder in my P3Dv4 installation.

It sort of seems complicated at first glance, but it's actually pretty easy to follow, once you do it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    For me, unless the add-on is both FSX and V4 compatible, using a installer, I install to a dummy directory, and manually move files to V4. Estonia's Migration Tool has worked well for me as well. Pete
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

I saw the Area 51 C-17, has anyone messed with the helos at all? Just CTD with the OH-58D, but I have all to install and wondered if it's a .dll issue or something (model shows in selection screen).
    Checking:

AH-64D Longbow
    AH-1S Cobra
    AH-1Z
    UH-1Y
    MH-47G
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Sibwings Saab Safair

Has anyone had any success with the Sibwings Saab Safir in P3D v4?

No, gives you the invisible plane after 30 seconds. The licensing dll is 32 bit.
    Last edited by Penzoil3; July 8th, 2018 at 11:08.

If your not aware of this there a simple program call Migration Tool from Flightsim Estonia

FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool is a revolutionary tool that allows you to install Flight Simulator X (FSX) addons into any version of Prepar3D, as well as old Prepar3D addons into the newest version of the simulator. No manual editing is necessary, nor it is necessary to have FSX present on the computer.

it’s not free and but relatively cheap
    i got mine from simarket
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Thank you Stinger. I purchased the tool and used it, but the Safir still disappears after a few minutes.

The Area 51 C-5M Galaxy works in P3D v4.3. I tried the Alphasim B-1 but couldn't get that one to work. I had other Area 51 models but they are on my old computer which suffered a HD crash and I lost the exe files for them. I tried going to Simmarket to re-download them but the only Area 51 purchase that shows is the C-5. I don't remember where I got the other Area 51 stuff I had.

anybody any luck with the Grumman Goose from OZX?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    anybody any luck with the Grumman Goose from OZX?
    No issues at all, Jan Kees. I just moved all related files manually to v4.3 and I have no issues so far

OK, I'll try again then
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I am hoping to get my RealAir Spitfire installed in P3D.
    Since the installer doesn’t work any more I can copy the relevant files from my FSX install.
    Are there any files to move other than the RealAir file in the root folder and the files from the Simobjects folder?
    Effects or otherwise.

Thanks and Cheers!

There are some specific effect files for the RAS Spit, but they're easy to find in the FSX Effects folder since they're all labelled "RASSpit_(whatever)".

There are some other more generic effect files needed, but they should already be in your P3Dv4 Effects folder.

When having to copy and paste all the bits over from FSX, I'll find the effect files needed by looking in the aircraft.cfg under
    [Effects], [Lights], and/or [Smokesystem].

Hope that helps - RobM

Very helpful, thanks very much.
    I’ll give it another look tonight.

Last of my FSX “must haves” to migrate to P3Dv4.
    Successfully moved the Warbirdsim Mustangs and the Uiver DC-2 yesterday. 🛫

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    When having to copy and paste all the bits over from FSX, I'll find the effect files needed by looking in the aircraft.cfg under
    [Effects], [Lights], and/or [Smokesystem].
    Worth remembering that some aircraft have the fx referenced in the mdl itself so those in the aircraft.cfg may not be all that are needed. Don't think that's the case with the RAS Spit though.

CS 727 in P3Dv4

I installed my CS 727-100 in P3Dv4 and anticipated it having no problems due to the previous report in this thread. That was almost correct (at least in my case). On take-off I realized that I had no elevator or aileron control (although I did indeed have rudder control and the gear and flaps worked). Anyone else experienced this? Wonder why some animations work and others don't?

Best regards to you all,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    I installed my CS 727-100 in P3Dv4 and anticipated it having no problems due to the previous report in this thread. That was almost correct (at least in my case). On take-off I realized that I had no elevator or aileron control (although I did indeed have rudder control and the gear and flaps worked). Anyone else experienced this? Wonder why some animations work and others don't?

Best regards to you all,

Bill
    most of that is related to the copyright protection thats hidden the panel.cfg as a gauge##, normally you have to manually enter the xml code entry into the p3d dll.xml to get your gear and other surfaces back

as its a fsx native, it will create one for fsx, if you look in your appdata folder you should see the fsx's dll.xml and you will be able to copy and paste it over

however (theres always one)

then its a case if the gauges are 64bit compliant coded? ie .xml based not .dll

Hi Matt,

I MOST appreciate your response. I think that I have found the problem entry in my panel.cfg file. Window01 is listed as "Animations control".

However I am having problems finding the dll.xml. I installed the CS 727 directly from a backup folder into my P3Dv4.
    I am looking for it in: C:\users\(my name)\appdata\roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3Dv4. But I don't see the dll.xml. Wrong location? Do I need to install the CS 727 back into FSX to find the dll.xml?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Matt,

I MOST appreciate your response. I think that I have found the problem entry in my panel.cfg file. Window01 is listed as "Animations control".

However I am having problems finding the dll.xml. I installed the CS 727 directly from a backup folder into my P3Dv4.
    I am looking for it in: C:\users\(my name)\appdata\roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3Dv4. But I don't see the dll.xml. Wrong location? Do I need to install the CS 727 back into FSX to find the dll.xml?

Bill
    P3D has a common problem, some dll.xmls entries go into the appdata folder or another hiding place, it also resides is in your C:\program data\ folder, try that folder if not it means you dont have one of as yet

I will see if i can remember my log into captsim and re download the 727 over the weekend and set it up to confirm the gauges and any other problem to see if i can walk you through it if it does work if you have any difficulties (ive never tried it with the 727)

Most interested to see if you guys find a work around for the FSX CS 727 model in P3Dv4. I miss it very much - also 707 and 777 - which have lots of 32 bit dll's yet to be converted.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

If you can re download your CS 727, and walk me through it, I will most appreciate it. I actually have working cockpit gauges - its only the control animations that are faulty.

Best regards,

Bill

Sky Sim Sea Vixen

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get the Sky Sim Sea Vixen to work in P3D V4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by tgladman View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone managed to get the Sky Sim Sea Vixen to work in P3D V4.3?
    I could be wrong but iirc this is a FS9 model and won't work in v4

Just Flight DC-8

Just got around to trying my JF DC-8 in P3Dv4. All I see are the two wings. I am surprised, as it has a separate external and internal model. Anyone have any experience with it in P3Dv4.3?

Best to you all,

Bill

The DC-8 works OK for me in P3DV4.3. Make sure you have the latest installers as it was upgraded for P3DV4. I think the current version for the 10-40 and the 50-70 is V2.03.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thanks Scotth6. That is undoubtedly my problem. I'll run to JF for a new download.

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 16