Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Carenado Installers- are they now all for both FSX and P3D?

I have been running FSX for several years now and have many Carenado/Alabeo aircraft.
    I plan on moving to P3DV4.x in the new year.
    My latest Carenado aircraft purchase for FSX, the 'PA31 CHIEFTAIN 350' came with a dual installer for both FSX and P3D - it actually asked me what sim to install into.

Just wondering if anyone knows, when I move to P3DV4 and when I go over to Carenado site to re-download all my listed aircraft in my file there - will they all now be the same dual installers, or will I have to re-purchase every aircraft again for P3DV4 ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows, when I move to P3DV4 and when I go over to Carenado site to re-download all my listed aircraft in my file there - will they all now be the same dual installers, or will I have to re-purchase every aircraft again for P3DV4 ?
    MZee - I can only tell you my experience. I had about 6 Alabeo / Carenado aircraft in FSX. I transitioned to P3Dv4 when it first came out. In time (2, 3 months) all my Alabeo / Carenado aircraft were converted to P3Dv4 and I have all of them working in P3Dv4 now. I backup all my downloads, so maybe you should download all your Carenado aircraft now and save them to backup just in case. The Carenado site identifies all aircraft available on P3Dv4 and that should tell you which ones are not yet P3Dv4 compatible.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I have been running FSX for several years now and have many Carenado/Alabeo aircraft.
    I plan on moving to P3DV4.x in the new year.
    My latest Carenado aircraft purchase for FSX, the 'PA31 CHIEFTAIN 350' came with a dual installer for both FSX and P3D - it actually asked me what sim to install into.

All Carenado and Alabeo updates from FSX to P3Dv4 are free, regardless of whether you brought them from the Carenado store or from
    a third party vendor. However, in most cases you will need new keys, the original ones won't work. How you get the new keys varies by
    vendor. The Carenado shop will have the new keys right beside your download links, if the plane has been updated.

I have just about all available Carenado and Aalbeo planes, some from the Carenado shop and others from various third party vendors,
    so I've gone through just about all the hoops.

Most Carendos and all Alabeos have now been updated to include P3Dv4 installers. Only the very earliest Caranado releases have not been
    updated yet (Carenado worked from the latest to earlier releases). They have now updated back to the C185F. But you can always check on
    the Carenado product pages to confirm if one of their early releases has the P3Dv4 installer yet.

I hope that helps. - Rob

PS: I might add that the updated installers allow you to install to more than one format on the same PC. So if you purchase a new Carenado
    with the new updated installer, you can install to both FSX and to P3Dv4 if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    MZee - I can only tell you my experience. I had about 6 Alabeo / Carenado aircraft in FSX. I transitioned to P3Dv4 when it first came out. In time (2, 3 months) all my Alabeo / Carenado aircraft were converted to P3Dv4 and I have all of them working in P3Dv4 now. I backup all my downloads, so maybe you should download all your Carenado aircraft now and save them to backup just in case. The Carenado site identifies all aircraft available on P3Dv4 and that should tell you which ones are not yet P3Dv4 compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    All Carenado and Alabeo updates from FSX to P3Dv4 are free, regardless of whether you brought them from the Carenado store or from
    a third party vendor. However, in most cases you will need new keys, the original ones won't work. How you get the new keys varies by
    vendor. The Carenado shop will have the new keys right beside your download links, if the plane has been updated.

I have just about all available Carenado and Aalbeo planes, some from the Carenado shop and others from various third party vendors,
    so I've gone through just about all the hoops.

Most Carendos and all Alabeos have now been updated to include P3Dv4 installers. Only the very earliest Caranado releases have not been
    updated yet (Carenado worked from the latest to earlier releases). They have now updated back to the C185F. But you can always check on
    the Carenado product pages to confirm if one of their early releases has the P3Dv4 installer yet.

I hope that helps. - Rob

PS: I might add that the updated installers allow you to install to more than one format on the same PC. So if you purchase a new Carenado
    with the new updated installer, you can install to both FSX and to P3Dv4 if you so desire.
    Hi Jay and Rob,

Thank-you, both for the prompt response. I purchased all of my aircraft directly from the Carenado or Alabeo sites.

I have copies of all my FSX aircraft addons (including the installers - the 'application' files) on an external hard drive and have kept all the original keys for them as well.
    I noticed that Carenado/Alabeo also keep all purchases on file under my account there, but I just did not know if those 'earlier' installers were solely for FSX as I recall not seeing a P3D option way back then.
    Good to know that their installers are now all being updated to work in both sims.

I realize that over the holidays, lots of these addons may well go on sale - hence my reason for asking as I did not want to waste $$ buying aircraft for FSX, and re-buying the same for P3D a few months later.

I guess I will just have to 'bite the bullet' and re-buy my A2A aircraft once I get P3D as I have not found mention of any dual installers at A2A. Luckily it's only a couple aircraft, lol !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

I have not seen anybody mentioning the planes from Dino ? (excepted for a discussion about HUDs).
    I have transfered the T-45 directly from my P3Dv3 to my P3Dv4 and it seems to work correctly. I didn't spot any display problem, the two MFDs are turning on and displaying the artificial horizon and such.
    However, I haven't tried to navigate to any menus in the MFDs. In the cockpit, all is fine and seems to work ok so far.

One funny thing I never noticed before: when looking at the plane in spot view, some areas are clickable. If you click on the engine nozzle for example, the engine covers appear or disappear. Some other area also trigger the red security labels "remove before flight" in various places. Finally, some click spots on the side of the cockpit trigger the retractable ladder elements.
    Unfortunately, none of these work when you are avatar mode :/

What about the other planes from Dino ? I haven't tried the Tomcat or the S-3.
    I also wonder if the F-35s would work ? There's one included by default, so I guess the gauges for instruments are already fine, aren't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I also wonder if the F-35s would work ? There's one included by default, so I guess the gauges for instruments are already fine, aren't they ?
    I think you should visit Dino's blog from time to time... he has answered all your questions in detail

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.de/201...atibility.html
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I have not seen anybody mentioning the planes from Dino ? (excepted for a discussion about HUDs).
    I have transfered the T-45 directly from my P3Dv3 to my P3Dv4 and it seems to work correctly. I didn't spot any display problem, the two MFDs are turning on and displaying the artificial horizon and such.
    However, I haven't tried to navigate to any menus in the MFDs. In the cockpit, all is fine and seems to work ok so far.

One funny thing I never noticed before: when looking at the plane in spot view, some areas are clickable. If you click on the engine nozzle for example, the engine covers appear or disappear. Some other area also trigger the red security labels "remove before flight" in various places. Finally, some click spots on the side of the cockpit trigger the retractable ladder elements.
    Unfortunately, none of these work when you are avatar mode :/

I have used his Tomcat and T-45 in V4 with no problems, except that the Tomcat needs Tacpac to change the weapons load and that is not yet available for V4, but it flies great. Oh and the F-35 included in P3D actually is Dino's model.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Thanks a lot ! I didn't think about checking the blog at all :/
    Glad I can reinstall the Tomcat and the Eurofighter as well, even if TacPack features are missing, for now

Ant's Airplanes T-28C and T28D Trojan are now fully V4.1 compatible, along with the T28A Donationware, which is a great way of trying out the finished product. If you like the A you'll love the C and D . Vendors should all have the new version now, mine came from Just Flight.

how did you guys get your WBS Mustangs to work in P3D, mine won't install?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Just click on the file you want to install and follow the prompts until you get the following screen. Click on the browse button and select *\Prepar3D V4

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WBS Mustang install.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

that's what I did, and the installer goes through the motions, but nothing appears in P3D....?
    edit: AHA! New directory on D:, yes!

What I did get to work is Paul Domingues Bad Duck, although it produces a weird color smoke on startup...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Has anyone figured out how to get the Captain Sim C-130 to work in V4 yet? Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to get the Captain Sim C-130 to work in V4 yet? Thanks, NC
    I've been keeping an eye out for this sort of thing and haven't seen any work around yet. I fact I read in one post that the C-130 has 32 bit dll's that will not allow use with P3Dv4. I would sure like to be shown to be wrong!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

There's 16 .gau gauge files in the C-130 that are all 32 bit so unless Captain Sim decide to release an update its never going to work in V4
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Rats!!!!

Yeah, I am kinda bummed about the lack of information from CaptainSim regarding their products compatibility efforts to P3Dv4. Seems like they are putting themselves out of the market.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

How exactly do you recompile a gauge for 64-bit? I guess that you don't just select all the files and hit the magic 'recompile' button.

Quote Originally Posted by sp762 View Post
    How exactly do you recompile a gauge for 64-bit? I guess that you don't just select all the files and hit the magic 'recompile' button.
    To be honest that's pretty much what I did for my stuff. However I think some add ons used undocumented hacks to achieve things which would make it much more complicated/impossible.

So a 64-bit Bucc is on the horizon?

But seriously, I guess the animations are a bigger issue for some planes, then.

Quote Originally Posted by sp762 View Post
    So a 64-bit Bucc is on the horizon?

But seriously, I guess the animations are a bigger issue for some planes, then.
    Slowly, mainly because of wanting to update things that aren't gauges!

For me, a lot of the time it simply becomes a challenge. It isn't that I just HAVE to have that particular addon installed/converted. But because I have problems installing it, THEN I keep on trying because I don't want to be "defeated"! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    I've been keeping an eye out for this sort of thing and haven't seen any work around yet. I fact I read in one post that the C-130 has 32 bit dll's that will not allow use with P3Dv4. I would sure like to be shown to be wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    There's 16 .gau gauge files in the C-130 that are all 32 bit so unless Captain Sim decide to release an update its never going to work in V4

Does all of this also apply to their B-52? I thought I had read the Stratofort was ok to run in P3Dv4, though have yet to try her.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

The B-52 won't even work in P3Dv3! I tried it and ended up having to reinstall P3D. Captain Sim uses some weird coding in their stuff. I wouldn't put anything of theirs in P3Dv4 unless it specifically says that it is for P3Dv4.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    The B-52 won't even work in P3Dv3! I tried it and ended up having to reinstall P3D. Captain Sim uses some weird coding in their stuff. I wouldn't put anything of theirs in P3Dv4 unless it specifically says that it is for P3Dv4.
    Thanks for the timely advice. As someone that has literally spent a few weeks adding, removing and tweaking my install to finally get a very nice simulation visually and functionally, thanks you. I was tempted to just try to direct it to the proper directory but will certainly hold off till something comes about for both the C-130 and B-52.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 15