Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Quote Originally Posted by Boss86001 View Post
    Thanks! Really hope the an-2 gets a patch.
    the same problem with their bird dog, I believe its a part of the anti piracy dll coding so people cant share Ripped versions

The Real Air Sia Marchetti SF260 works just fine. Click spots click, gauges gauge, and switches switch !
    LOL
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss86001 View Post
    Thanks! Really hope the an-2 gets a patch.
    I thought Sibwings had ceased trading?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I thought Sibwings had ceased trading?

Ian
    They haven't responded to anything on their forum for a few years now, a real shame as the AN-2, Bird-Dog and Safir were three of my faves. Noticed yesterday that their forum is now offline so it seems to be all over. A pity.

Anyone tested Lionheart LJ24B?

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Yep, all is based on two dll files.

On the other hand, the Razbam 201 works like a charm within V4, you can even select weapons to carry though you won't be able to launch them.

Hank
    Thanks for the info Hank.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    Anyone tested Lionheart LJ24B?
    So far the Lionheart LJ24B is the only Lionheart aircraft that doesn't work for me. I have notified Bill of this.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

21JUN17 via email
    ALABEO AIRCRAFT UPDATED TO P3DV4
    Here is the first batch of updated aircraft for make them usable in P3D version 4.

PA22 TRI PACER FSX/P3D
    PA44 SEMINOLE FSX/P3D
    C400 CORVALIS TT FSX/P3D
    DA42 TWIN STAR FSX/P3D
    PA32 SARATOGA II TC FSX/P3D
    C207 SKYWAGON FSX/P3D
    DA40 FSX/P3D
    C195 BUSINESSLINER FSX/P3D

I donīt know why but the Alabeo C172RG_CutlassII is updated to p3dv4 too and not in the batch list
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Latest V4 Testing

- ALPHA
    -- F-84F (Native FSX) OK

- Aerosoft
    -- HueyX OK

- CS
    -- C-130 will not fly in V4, instruments missing, and I got off the ground but trim was all I had...

- FR
    -- Me262 OK

- SoH
    -- A-26 OK

- Piglet
    -- A-1H OK
    -- A-1J OK
    -- A-29B OK
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

More V4 Testing

Works!

WarbirdSim P-51D
    RealAir Decathalon/Scout*
    RealAir Spitfire
    Just Flight Battle of Britain Series (Spit/Hurricane/Me109)
    Just Flight Wildcat/Marlet*
    Just Flight DC-6B
    Just Flight A6M2 Zero*
    Douglas DC-2 - Uiver Team X
    First Class Simulation Wellington
    First Class Simulation Hawker Hero's (Fury/Hurricane/Tempest/Typhoon).

Does Not!

JustFlight Corsair Birdcage*
    JustFlight Mosquito
    JustFlight Bae Hawk1A

* Yes I know I am not the first to report this, just confirming the earlier result.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Here an update from Just Flight:

"We have received quite a few requests for a list of the Prepar3D v4 compatibility updates being worked on. We are currently focusing on updating our in-house developed products for v4, starting with our newest products and working backwards:

• Arrow III
    • Turbo Arrow III/IV
    • Hawk
    • TB10/TB20
    • Tornado GR1
    • Tristar Professional
    • Canberra PR9

Hank

MAAM-SIM B-25 & C-47/R4D will not load, you just end up in the F-22. Interesting behavior. The MAAM_B25.dll, MAAM_B25VC.dll, MAAM_B25.gau, MAAM_R4D.gau will have to recompiled.

This is one of those that I would volunteer to work on for free to get it into V4.

Razabam A-7 (Non TP) flys but you can't alter the payload (Yea your in ferry configuration) until the A7_Ordnance_Mngr.dll in the modules folder gets recompiled.
    Last edited by docjohnson; June 21st, 2017 at 02:38.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

I did some quick tests, and these are the planes I found to be working on P3D v4 from Just Flight.

Just Flight DC-6B
    Just Flight Viscount
    Just Flight Comet

I'm testing a couple of other planes here, and I'll update this post if they work.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    So far the Lionheart LJ24B is the only Lionheart aircraft that doesn't work for me. I have notified Bill of this.
    Thanks for the Info Pat.

Just Flight

DC-3\C-47\AC-47 Crashes the sim. No error msg
    Eurofighter OK

- Virtiavia
    -- A-4 OK
    Last edited by docjohnson; June 21st, 2017 at 18:19.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    RAZBAM Metro III
    i get the blinking 'power fail' light upon loading, not able to clear it with the inverter switch...

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    i get the blinking 'power fail' light upon loading, not able to clear it with the inverter switch...
    Me too, also fuel gauges don't work, believe it's the msmm dll
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Me too, also fuel gauges don't work, believe it's the msmm dll
    Cheers
    Keith

ok weird my fuel gauges work, in know about the powerfail, however it never bothered me to notice until tonight

The Virtavia freeware FSX EH-101 Merlin works perfectly in V4.

Maybe that can help some who are missing their FSX EH-101, which cannot be ported because of its custom gauge DLL. It still works great in V3 though.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by Mbudge View Post
    They haven't responded to anything on their forum for a few years now, a real shame as the AN-2, Bird-Dog and Safir were three of my faves. Noticed yesterday that their forum is now offline so it seems to be all over. A pity.
    A pity indeed. However as one door closes another usually opens... perhaps a developer will take on the development of these types from scratch, knowing there is a market for them going forward... or perhaps a freeware developer will take them on knowing there is a receptive audience...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

i may have just missed it,forgive me if i did,but does the DC3 /C47 that jan and team did ( i hope that offends no one) work in v4?

I flew the C-47 a couple of days ago and it worked like a charm...
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Just you will miss various sounds, and some other thingies not working. But no problem to fly, just a little bit less additional sounds than in P3D3...
    P3D4 does not accept the 32bits gauges, usually found as .gau or .dll files. Doug Dawson dsd_etc... gauges also need to be recoded in 64 bits.
    I understand various gauges authors know that, and work is already scheduled more than probably.
    Blue skies
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    21JUN17 via email
    Has anyone been able to download from Alabeo? Of the first batch, all I have is the Cessna 195, and it won't start download. Just the "waiting on alabeo.com" message.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Has anyone been able to download from Alabeo? Of the first batch, all I have is the Cessna 195, and it won't start download. Just the "waiting on alabeo.com" message.
    I had no problems downloading the Piper Tri-Pacer and the C-195.

EDIT: Also I must point out that the aircraft that I have listed as working in P3D V4 have problems with the click sounds on the switches. This would indicate a problem with a sound.dll somewhere. But at the moment it is something I can live with. One thing I did notice is that the engine sounds change from the VC to external views. Externally the sounds are louder than when in the VC.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 16