Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Has anybody tried the JF Tiger Moth in P3Dv4?
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstreak View Post
    Has anybody tried the JF Tiger Moth in P3Dv4?
    Personally I have not and given the description (Flight Simulator 2004 compatible) I would suspect its unlikely to be compatible. But if you have it give it a try, if not go find Ant's Tiger moth, that is V4 compatible, its free, its excellent, and you can find it at flightsim.com (file name anttmv11.zip). Its my default startup AC for v4.4.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I suspect you are correct and it is a native FS9 model.
    I do have Ant’s Moth, and T-28’s and Winjeel.
    All outstanding models.

I would like a Canadian Tiger Moth for P3D.
    They are significantly different than the UK and Aussie versions.
    My real world hangar mate is an original BCATP Tiger Moth.

Flown here by George Stewart DFC, on the 75th anniversary of his first flight in a Tiger Moth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 236D0E2A-9DFD-415A-8611-6A23EABBC54F.jpg  
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Probably known already but as I am going through things.

Just flight
    Battle of Britain Hurricane - working
    Boeing 757 Fremium - model/cockpit not loading

Blog Entries
    The Flight Replicas Messerschmitt 262A-1a & 262B seem to work very well in P3D.

Ian

I've managed to get the Razbam A-6 family working in P4D.n Their A-7s also work.

Dave

Has anyone managed to get the Alphasim/Virtavia B-1 Lancer to work in P3D? Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Has anyone managed to get the Alphasim/Virtavia B-1 Lancer to work in P3D? Thanks, NC
    Yes, I'm using the newest FSX model without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Yes, I'm using the newest FSX model without any issues.
    That explains things. Mine is not the newest Virtavia version, but the Alpha. Ain't gonna work. Rats. NC

Has anyone managed to get the Aircraft Factory Heinkel 219 Uhu to work in P3D?
    Mike

Trying to get Flysimware's 402C Businessliner to work in P3DV4.5. The problem is the Flysimware website states I have to get the updated version from where I bought it, which is Simshack. I have sent three trouble tickets to them with no response. So....I am not able to get it to work in P3DV4.5 until I can get the latest version. This is frustrating, to say the least!!! NC

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Has anyone managed to get the Aircraft Factory Heinkel 219 Uhu to work in P3D?
    Mike
    I ported AF's HE219 over some time ago (P3Dv4.1 I think) , but haven't had the plane up since. So I loaded it up in P3Dv4.5, and
    took it up and around for a quick 15 minute circuit. It seems to fly ok, and the instrument gauges, switches, and controls all seemed
    to be working. On landing, everything being in German and metric, I thought I was coming in too fast when in fact I was coming in
    too slow, the stall horn went off, and I pancaked onto the runway from about 15 feet up. Oh well...

The plane loaded with engines running, so I didn't bother trying a cold and dark start. However, while the vc looked good and well
    detailed internally, externally the plane is showing it's age: the textures looked rather flat and dull in 4.5, and the external vc glass,
    while transparent, had a distinct light blue tint to it that I found a bit off putting. But you couldn't see that blue tint from inside
    the plane.

Hope that helps - Rob

Thanks,Rob.
    Mike

Rob Richardson's Gannets (with a re-aliased sound set) and, as a bonus, the Flying Stations HMS Ark Royal IV.

Dave

Blog Entries

RFN Etendards and Zephyrs

Hello,

I've skimmed this thread and didn't see this addressed - apologies if I missed it.

Contemplating the jump to P3DV4, and looking to confirm that the RFN Etendards (IVM and IV-P) and Zephyr will NOT work - is that correct? I hope I'm wrong about that, but it's my understanding that they only work up to V3. Is that correct?

Whereas by contrast, the carriers are fine in V4, correct? At least as per their website.

thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hello,

I've skimmed this thread and didn't see this addressed - apologies if I missed it.

Contemplating the jump to P3DV4, and looking to confirm that the RFN Etendards (IVM and IV-P) and Zephyr will NOT work - is that correct? I hope I'm wrong about that, but it's my understanding that they only work up to V3. Is that correct?

Whereas by contrast, the carriers are fine in V4, correct? At least as per their website.

thanks,

dl
    Just looked at the RFN website, while the RFN Etendards has not been updated for v4 it looks like the Zephyr has.
    Joe Cusick

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Just looked at the RFN website, while the RFN Etendards has not been updated for v4 it looks like the Zephyr has.

Thanks B! Yes, you're right regarding the Zephyr - I was looking only at the title, which only lists FSX and P3DV3; but the V4 version is mentioned in the body of the description. Thanks for that catch.

Not having the Etendard could be a deal breaker. I guess I could get V3, or get V4 and hedge on a V4 update happening soon. The Etendard being on my "10 FS addon planes I would need if marooned on a deserted island" list .... decisions, decisions.

DL - I currently have P3Dv4.2 and have all Etendard and Zephyr/Fouga versions running fine! Except for the Cockpit click sounds, but that's a loss I can live with
    Best regards, Manfred.

Here some screens....

Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    Wow - those look great! Those screenshots remind me someone who was working on a great set of Gutersloh and Bruggen sceneries - I can't think of who it was ... maybe you know him?

Joking aside, those look gorgeous - I love the colour, looks very realistic. On the Etendard, was there any other mods you had to do to make all the systems work? And yes, losing the cockpit click sounds is more than an acceptable tradeoff.

thanks again!

dl

To be honest, I am no prof in flying all those great simbirds, but all gauges and needed functions seem to work, even the options of the loading status (pilots, ready to fly....). Happy they work halftime in v4 as well

(Yeah, like the apron for aircraft screenshots....scenery is coming along nicely but too slow unfortunately...)
    Best regards, Manfred.

I'm surprised about the Etendard compatibility ?
    Last time I tried it, it couldn't work because its gauges were not compatible :/

As I recall, the Etendard was working in the earlier versions of P3Dv4. Or at least I ported it over from FSX and left it in my outboard
    .xml folder, which I normally don`t do if it doesn`t work in P3Dv4. But I haven`t flown the Etendard for some time, and when I just
    tried it in 4.5, it CTD`d as soon as it tried to load. So I guess something has changed in the interim.

It`s a nicely modeled plane, and freeware to boot. Hopefully RFN will update for 4.5.

-RobM

I can confirm this step - just knowing that FSX native models mostly work in P3Dv4 too, I simply let my FSX native aircraft in their FSX simobjects folder.
    I did an appropriate xml reference inside the exe.xml to let the P3Dv4 access the FSX aircraft. Done this, most of my FSX aircraft work fine except for some minor issues. Maybe done this step, all gauges and effects keep their needed places and work....
    Best regards, Manfred.

I downloaded and installed the Etendard into my 4.5 install and it worked well. I did not use it much before so I am not sure what gauges I am missing but I did not notice any obvious in the VC.

There may be gauges missing in the 2D panels, but since they are 2D panels they are of no importance.
    Joe Cusick

Members who have read this thread: 15