What AFCAD???

Thread: What AFCAD???

What AFCAD???

Ok folks, here's something totally different. I was flying from North Texas Regional to NAS Ft. Worth and noticed that with FSDiscover running, some airports were not where I thought they should be. I continued flying and found that scattered all along the route, airports were missing. I landed at KNFW and pulled up FSNav and discovered that a 4000sq mile swath of North Texas is missing all of the airports. There are NavAids visible but the airports (AFCADS) are gone. I zoomed out to view all of North America and it looks like a black hole in North East Texas.

I haven't done any scenery work in the area other than the two I mentioned and am at a loss as to why just this region is suddenly gone. I ran the FSNav DB config program and it remains void of any airports so for whatever reason all those airports are gone.

Does anyone ever remember this happening to them in some other area of their world or have any idea as to why this might be happening?:help:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    I'm not sure what happened... just to say it wasn't me... I didn't do it .. no sir. :whistle:

<Drives around NE Texas lifting more signs for his collection. >
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

I have a possible explanation...but many here would find it "political" rather than humorous...so I will have to laugh at it all by myself.

:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

Man, that was the funniest thing I never typed.

OBIO

It sounds like you uninstalled something that left your stock scenery with a hole. If nothing else, I'd suggest restoring the entire namc\scenery folder by opening MSGAME8.CAB (CD 3) with something like WinRar. This allows you to view the files in their correct folder structure so you can just drag the files back into your Sim. When prompted to overwrite, hit "yes to all" and it will restore all stock files.

Other than that, if you can think of a specific airport that's missing its AFCAD, I can look it up in my system and give you the filename. I recently found that one stock bgl can contain hundreds of airports, so it's very possible that only one file is affected.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home