MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests. - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    Which of the repaints now work with the update? How can you tell if a livery works with it or not?
    Repaints for the expansion pack requires additional texture files for the new models. You can not use the old liveries for this purpose (many parts will show up with black textures).
    All my recent liveries are upgraded for this expansion pack.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Completely reworked textures - US Naval Test Pilot - for the add-on by Milviz now available in the library

Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by PierreF View Post
    Completely reworked textures - US Naval Test Pilot - for the add-on by Milviz now available in the library

Pierre
    Thx, but something is wrong with Your texture (P3Dv4 example):

For example orginal Beaver_ext has 16Mb, Your 21. The problem is coding I think.
    You can improve also the lines, please see this:

You can send me orginal Your bmp files and I'll coded it.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Alltough the real N5CC (currently LN-NCC) is an amphib, I upgraded the livery with straight floats/straight floats STOL kit and new interior and panel colors. This livery is still WIP.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Nice, cant wait .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening to all the repaints that were done before Milviz released their update with changed mapping. There were several VH-*** repaints that at the moment are completely useless.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Patience, Pat, I've been touring the world, including the VH-area the last months, only just got back. An update is forthcoming, all I need is some time.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Gunnar-

Would you please provide an update on N9028? I've been waiting for the BASIC re-do with the new paint-kit... i.e. non-STOL, non-tundra... you had mentioned something about re-working the interior as well...?

TIA- Carl

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Patience, Pat, I've been touring the world, including the VH-area the last months, only just got back. An update is forthcoming, all I need is some time.
    No worries JK.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

C-GFRX is the third and [probably] final repaint in the white with green and gold series. It is intended for the STOL model [DHC-2 Beaver Milviz STOL] with passenger configuration and a 2-blade propeller, but will work on the Standard Edition base model as well. C-GFRX is the same airframe that once wore the callsign C-FRBB and is currently flying in the Ottawa, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec area.
    Files to update and correct some faults in previously released C-FRBB [Beaver_C-FRBB.zip] and CF-LRS [Beaver_CF-LRS.zip] repaints are included as well as camera definitions for the right seat and centre right seat.

At flightsim, file name: beaver_c-gfrx.zip

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-GFRX 1.jpg   C-GFRX Right Seat.jpg  

Better textures

Hi YoYo,

Thanks for your post. You are right, there is a trouble with my textures, I could see it especially with the Beaver because of the numerous necessary changes to be made (not so visible with simpler models).

After having a look in some sites and namely in FSDevelopper, I'm trying now the herebelow process - and this seems to give good results while mixing many textures impressions by Kandinsky and Picasso :

Open dds file with DXTbmp - Save as 24bits bmp
    Open with PSP - Modify - Save
    Open with Image Tool - Format DXT5 - Save
    And later creation of an alpha channel (Through DXTbmp)

Have you a better solution ?

What I did before :

Open dds file with DXTbmp - Send to PSP - No closure
    Modify in PSP - Save (norm.bmp)
    Retrieve DXTbmp - Reload after Edit - Save

Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by PierreF View Post
    Hi YoYo,

Thanks for your post. You are right, there is a trouble with my textures, I could see it especially with the Beaver because of the numerous necessary changes to be made (not so visible with simpler models).

After having a look in some sites and namely in FSDevelopper, I'm trying now the herebelow process - and this seems to give good results while mixing many textures impressions by Kandinsky and Picasso :

Open dds file with DXTbmp - Save as 24bits bmp
    Open with PSP - Modify - Save
    Open with Image Tool - Format DXT5 - Save
    And later creation of an alpha channel (Through DXTbmp)

Have you a better solution ?

What I did before :

Open dds file with DXTbmp - Send to PSP - No closure

Modify in PSP - Save (norm.bmp)

Retrieve DXTbmp - Reload after Edit - Save

Pierre

My advise:

...from the 3th step:
    Open with Image Tool created bmp, save as DDS DXT5.
    Open this DXT5 by DXTbmp, add here alpha save again as DDS DXT5 (and mip maps must be unticket).
    Try this.

Has anyone found a way of creating a matte finish propeller spinner, rather than the chrome one (I'll even settle for semi-gloss)?!

Also, can anyone shed some light on these oddities within the engine cowl? It looks like the UVW mapping is screwed up. Does anyone know where these are to be found on the texture sheet?

Many thanks

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

The rounded spinner can be dulled down somewhat by changing the alpha to pure white on the 'chrome.dds' and 'chrome_bump.dds' files located in the base 'texture' folder. Getting the colour to match, or at least be close to the cowling takes some trial and error.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Green spinner.jpg  

If anyone is interested I have finally retrieved my dummy and updated to v2 the paints I did for the Beaver. Available from my MediaFire.

Thanks, Ron.

Hope it didn't hurt.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

See I knew you could.Thanks Ron.

Cheers Chris

When you notice the starboard elevator/flaps and the starboard tail are different shades, pretend they were painted by a colour blind paint sprayer. I faffed for too long to get it right, now I'm really through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    When you notice the starboard elevator/flaps and the starboard tail are different shades, pretend they were painted by a colour blind paint sprayer. I faffed for too long to get it right, now I'm really through with it.
    I was just going to say something... sorry to hear. I really like the paints.

What happened? I noticed the alphas were different from the original textures. Is it that or just the off colors?
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I was just going to say something... sorry to hear. I really like the paints.

What happened? I noticed the alphas were different from the original textures. Is it that or just the off colors?
    Not the off colours for sure. Someone emailed me pointing this out. He then sent another email saying the stock paints are the same. THAT was the moment I finally cracked. If anyone has the answer...I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    Not the off colours for sure. Someone emailed me pointing this out. He then sent another email saying the stock paints are the same. THAT was the moment I finally cracked. If anyone has the answer...I don't care.
    Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't be returning to this place.

I've been doing some experimenting with your paints and think I've come across the cause of the problem. It's related to how the new model handles the Alpha Channel on the two ext files.

At first I thought it was due to the difference in the Alpha Channels between the original Beaver_ext file and the Beaver_ext_2 file. Despite adjusting and playing with that on both files, I got nowhere until I removed the Alpha Channel (and shine) completely. Since your original paints had a very dark Alpha Channel, no matter what I did to adjust the new files I couldn't get things to match. At the moment I have the Alpha Channel for both files set at 200 and it looks pretty good.

Anyways, I'll do some more experimenting as time permits.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Gunnar-

Would you please provide an update on N9028? I've been waiting for the BASIC re-do with the new paint-kit... i.e. non-STOL, non-tundra... you had mentioned something about re-working the interior as well...?

TIA- Carl
    Update for the basic models (amphib). The download contains modified interiorcolors for the N5CC and N9028. You will also find N5CC liveries for the straight floats/straight floats STOL models inside the zip.
    https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/rlj04u

Gunnar van der Meeren

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Has anyone found a way of creating a matte finish propeller spinner, rather than the chrome one (I'll even settle for semi-gloss)?!

Also, can anyone shed some light on these oddities within the engine cowl? It looks like the UVW mapping is screwed up. Does anyone know where these are to be found on the texture sheet?

Many thanks

Andy
    Stumbled across the answer today. The item in question is located in the top right quadrant of 'beaver_ext.dds'. The left one is the corrupted part.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engine 2.jpg   engine 3.jpg  

Whats happened....?

Is it fair to say that all the original 3rd party paints for this aircraft have gone "bye, bye".......?

Such a pitty. There were some great paints.

All repaints can be made to be 'functional' with file 'beaver_ext_2.dds' added to the texture folder. Ron Attwood provided these files for his outstanding repaints in #215 above. Jankees is busy at the moment but has said updates for his fine repaints are coming eventually. One can always use copy and paste to build up the 'ext_2' file for any paint. The reason I wrote 'functional' is because it is a different file structure than the main 'ext' file, so colour and shine matching are challenging.

Members who have read this thread: 8