MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests. - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

'Boring' that's the word I've been searching for.

NW Seaplanes operate out of Friday Harbour and Vancouver. N67681 is likely to be my last Beaver unless they make a paint kit that doesn't try to kill you!

MediaFire if you're interested. AVSIM soonish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nwseaplane3.jpg   nwseaplane2.jpg   nwseaplane1.jpg  

Ooooh! Nice retro paint!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Ooooh! Nice retro paint!
    +1

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Thanks again Ron.

Cheers Chris

Jeansy and JanKees, thanks for the Aussie repaints for the MV Beaver. I said it was what it would take to ditch the default and go to MILVIZ. Thanks all.

If anybody has the inclination or the time at some stage to do these Beavers, it would be appreciated. If your an Aussie fan no prizes for quessing who but it is Qantas, Qantas and Fiji Airways.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qantas Beaver Wheels.jpg   VQ-FAA Fiji Airways.jpg   Qantas Beaver Floats.jpg  

yes, these were high on my list! All I need is time...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Ron, lovely choice...
    is thier any chance you could up date the floats on your US Air Force versions... so they match

as you know one is clean and new and one is weathered...

either is good...

Thanks you for your work

DC

[QUOTE=Ron Attwood;1089451]

NW Seaplanes operate out of Friday Harbour and Vancouver. N67681 is likely to be my last Beaver unless they make a paint kit that doesn't try to kill you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-6-30_5-58-12-63.jpg  

Milviz cleverly made the paint kit with one float on the main sheet and the other float on a separate sheet. Unfortunately the 'muck' is baked on in the second sheet and it can be disabled on the main sheet (with me so far?) Now if the 'muck' in enabled on sheet one the whole aircraft is covered in it and it's not a dirty plane. I think if you check other paints you'll find they'll have the same problem. I wont be doing any more floatplanes. If I do any more they'll be wheeled.

Hey! Wait a minute! I didn't do a float version of the U.S. Air Force one.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    yes, these were high on my list! All I need is time...
    Great. I look forward to some JanKees masterpieces to add to my humble collection. To turn to an earlier discussion I never saw Beavers in Australia in the early days probably not up until the late 1980's that had spinners on the props, interesting, but they were quite common everywhere else. A bit of trivia, I spoke to an old engineer he said it was because the spinners cracked around the fixing screw holes and it was easier to leave them off than keep fixing them.

Amphibian C-FRBB has arrived at flightsim. Includes an alternate panel and the spelling error correction.

nearly there...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

nearly there...
    I see you got all the hinges the right colour. Well done.

Yes, it wasn't easy to find them. But why are those ropes different colors??

Yes, it wasn't easy to find them. But why are those ropes different colors??
    That's how Colin likes them.

It's hard to say, there are so many layers named Layer56 etc all of them with some kind of 'attribute' and scarcely any way to find out what they do. You lose the will to live.

Jankees you are still going to do the Kroonduif amphibian aren't you.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Jankees you are still going to do the Kroonduif amphibian aren't you.

Cheers Chris
    I am, now available on OZx:

and wheeled versions, with different registrations:

Thank you very much Jankees.

Cheers Chris

An interesting Beaver operated by the British Embassy in Vientiane, Laos. you guys may want to consider,

http://www.dhc-2.com/id234.htm

cheers ian

Amazing detail in the Milviz DHC-2

Just a couple of screenshots of JanKees Qantas paint for the Milviz Beaver. First flight in this as a floatplane and I was taken by the attention to detail, namely the grab ropes on the underside of the wing in flight and after landing, they move about in the airflow like the real thing. Now there is a touch in design and animation I have never seen before.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_2017-7-3_13-53-17-212.jpg   tn_2017-7-3_13-56-42-509.jpg  

To do JanKees paint justice change the line in the aircraft.cfg 'model=' to model=1. That way you'll see the detail of the 'Qantas' which won't be wiped out by the window.

Love the reflection in the water!

yes, I thought I included that in the readme?

Members who have read this thread: 8