MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests. - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    These all look lovely. Have MilViz fixed the mapping of port and starboard ailerons and flaps?
    Im using the P3Dv4 model for painting, so Im not sure, the last time I painted it was during its beta stages and I never looked at the initial release candidate

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    It looks like the prop blade textures are in the file called cessnaT50_ext_07_diffuse.dds.

I also noticed that on the right door of VH-AAO the Beaver logo is missing.

PS: There are no VH-AAO textures in the uploaded zip, only screenies and readme. Two other repaints are ok.
    Thank you!
    I've uploaded a new version of VH-AAO, now with textures and black prop.

and something else I'm working on:

but that will have to wait until my return I fear..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    These all look lovely. Have MilViz fixed the mapping of port and starboard ailerons and flaps?
    It is not fixed yet, but it will be. Some really good news on the Milviz Forum: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=7778

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

still looking for several bits and pieces, who knows where all the brackets for the flaps are??

and I thought I'd do a different registration for the one without floats:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I just uploaded the three above. There are still a few small errors, somehow I painted the steps black, but I can't find it anymore, if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll post an update later. And I can't find the prop textures, VH-AAO should have a black prop, but the prop texture in the paintkit doesn't seem to do much. Here too, if anyone knows where it's hidden?
    I hope you'll like them as they are, since my next field trip is just round the corner, touring Germany with 50 students, so no time to tinker further.

Check out the Window remap layers, toggling shows up the step. Actually it just one upright and the tread piece. The other bits are.....I forget!

I read somewhere that the props texture is (you'll love this ) cessnaT50_ext_07_diffuse.dds

He seemed pretty sure.

A small victory for me. I finally got someone to admit, over at Milviz, you can't paint the spinner. I'm starting to hate this paint kit.

EDIT: Just saw you plea for hinges. They are scattered like confetti. I painstakingly use the larey coloured layers to track them down. Four layers (one for each quarter of the texture) each one quartered in lime green etc. What am I saying? Teaching my grandmother to suck eggs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails steps.jpg  

I'll wrap this up later. To heck with the spinner!

A small point: If anyone should see this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DHCusaf1.jpg   DHCusaf2.jpg   DHCusaf3.jpg   DHCusafpit.jpg  
    Last edited by Ron Attwood; June 18th, 2017 at 12:50.

Spinner

Spinner as per:

Milviz Beaver Repaint British Army XP779.zip

Try editing 'chrome.dds'.

OR just recommend using the 2-blade prop....

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    It is not fixed yet, but it will be. Some really good news on the Milviz Forum: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=7778
    Brilliant! Thanks for confirming. Definitely still worth holding off doing any paints, for fear of having to redo them all over again...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Scrub that last picture. Found the little bugger!

If a proper fix for the spinner ever gets done I'll update it. In the meantime, a nice shiny one will have to suffice.

MediaFire

Excellent. Thanks, Ron.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post

A Norwegian Beaver!!!

Thank you very much Skyhawk18.

When will she be available?

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Another one for you Tim

Geez Jeansy looks like someone needs to get out the polish on this one and use some elbow grease to clean her up. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    almost there:

JanKees, nice work, between you and Jeansy I am sold on the MILVIZ Beaver.

As a matter of interest, for those interested, I met Tom Watson of Aerial Agriculture, many moons ago in OZ. They did their serious maintenance work at Bankstown but the Beavers were used for Super Phosphate spreading predominantly in the New England area of NSW, they had quite a fleet of them at one stage. I am told, light heartedly that Watson and Co at Aerial Agriculture could rebuild a Beaver only if they had the windscreen pillars left to go on. I really wanted to fly the Beaver, but sobered up when I ran through the accident statistics for aerial agriculture pilots, your chances of surviving to an old age were basically zero, they hit a lot of power lines and trees over the years and even 20,000 hours in the game did not protect you. Sad but true.

I guess it is because of Watson and Aerial Agriculture that so many Beavers survived in Australia to this day, they looked after them well.

Downloaded the new version but so far no new UVW mapping...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    A Norwegian Beaver!!!

Thank you very much Skyhawk18.

When will she be available?

The LN-NCC is available for download here: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/rmyah5
    This is a zip file. Please check the securitysettings of your firewall before download.

Gunnar van der Meeren

Another USAF bird. You may remember the pictures Warhorse posted 25 years ago(seems like)

The uploaded paint has the grey a tad darker.

MediFire Now or AVSIM when I can be...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails usafgrey1.jpg   usafgrey2.jpg   usafgrey3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    What spinner, Ron??

This one. Last week actually.

Thanks, Ron. Looks great. Got some more pics from last weekend's air show.

Jeansy, what kind of Beaver is that??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks, Ron. Looks great. Got some more pics from last weekend's air show.

Jeansy, what kind of Beaver is that??
    Take no notice of him. He's just a thread hijacker!

ahhh crap wrong thread, bloody meds

ive reported my post to the mods to move it to screenshots thread or for them to deleted it altogether

I could post several beaver paints that I have done during beta testing, but theyre been transferred onto the new paintkit awaiting the new model, so they wont be that interesting as they sit right now

From Admin / Mod Tom: Pseudo Beaver pics transferred to the Screen Shot thread!!!!

ahhh crap wrong thread, bloody meds

ive reported my post to move it to screenshots or for them to deleted it

I could post several beaver paints that I have done during beta testing, but theyre been transferred onto the new paintkit awaiting the new model, so they wont be that interesting as they sit right now
    Down the hall, second on the left. Ask for Nurse Ratched.

New paint kit?

yes, like i said in my original post in this thread

The new paint kit hasnt been released publicly

(thanks mods for moving my post from this thread)

yes, like i said in my original post in this thread

The new paint kit hasnt been released publicly
    I missed that. What's the big secret? This kit is a bear!

now that i have it,may i ask (beg) for a paint?...just over all yellow,with red lettering,with black shadowing on the red letter.i have a company name and a fake N number id like too....if any of its possible...please?...lol..thanks

Members who have read this thread: 8