MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests. - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Timmy I will upload these later this week, Im just going over the P3D v4 update to make sure its all lining up

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    I did that also.

Thanks,

Tom
    This just happened to me. Did you run the update AFTER installing the paint? If you did, Milviz helpfully replaces the aircraft.cfg with a basic one. I usually make a backup of aircraft.cfgs but I failed miserably this time! That's my best shot.

On the subject of FLOATS! Several people have, quite rightly, drawn my attention to the difference between the two floats on P2-HOR. I've tried to rectify it but Milviz' paint kit makes it nigh on impossible to do a proper job. If your paint calls for 'unkempt, scruffy, dirty and unwashed' then no problem. The trouble lies with the Beaver_ext_float.dds. In the paint kit the scum is baked on leaving one float, which is on the main Beaver_ext texture, nice and....Well it just sucks!

Here endeth the ramblings of a frustrated old git.

I've taken the Float version off my MediaFire and replaced it with a wheeled version. HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    On the subject of FLOATS! Several people have, quite rightly, drawn my attention to the difference between the two floats on P2-HOR. I've tried to rectify it but Milviz' paint kit makes it nigh on impossible to do a proper job. If your paint calls for 'unkempt, scruffy, dirty and unwashed' then no problem. The trouble lies with the Beaver_ext_float.dds. In the paint kit the scum is baked on leaving one float, which is on the main Beaver_ext texture, nice and....Well it just sucks!

Here endeth the ramblings of a frustrated old git.

I've taken the Float version off my MediaFire and replaced it with a wheeled version. HERE

Hello Ron,

Sorry I did not notice the standard Milviz floats?! After yours, I went back and byjingobycrikey the Milviz ones have it too!!!

I am quite happy with yours as she is (OEM) and thank you again for that paint.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Timmy I will upload these later this week, Im just going over the P3D v4 update to make sure its all lining up

Thank you very much Matt. Will these paints fit the "cargo" version at all?

Cheers,
    Tim.

THanks Guys!

just wanted to reach out with a quick word of appreciation for Ron and Matt and the guys doing these repaints. Hope you are able to keep them coming.

hazegraystudios.net

Gunnar, Matt, Ron, thank you very much !
    Ron, OK, now I have a wheel, and a float version, love it!
    LOL
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Thank you very much Matt. Will these paints fit the "cargo" version at all?

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Yes timmy it also works on the cargo version (model.1)

Im in the process of doing the floats for the Antarctic survey scheme 003, however with the 7 new pins in the right shoulder, im restricted to short periods with the mouse at any given time

Ive just uploaded them anyway Tim despite the the upcoming changes

A cri de coeur. I'm just now putting the last bits and pieces on this:

If you've seen the real one you'll know it has a red spinner. But I CAN'T FIND IT!

Yes there is a circle bottom right which has a grey layer over it. Remove the layer and it looks chromey. I made a red layer ABOVE the grey layer. Now you'd think that would do it, no?

This is it in P3D:

I've tried the spinner part in the floats PSD no luck.

Please throw me a bone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails usaf-wip.jpg   ingame_beaver.jpg  

What spinner, Ron??

Sorry, different aircraft.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; June 16th, 2017 at 12:48.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

What are you saying, that I should redo the paint? SFH! That's not even the same aircraft. It's N779XP

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    What are you saying, that I should redo the paint? SFH! That's not even the same aircraft. It's N779XP
    Nope. Don't change a thing. My bad. I didn't realize they were two different aircraft. How dumb of me. That's what happens when I've been dealing with banking issues all morning. Just consider the latest shots as a possible future repaint. So sorry about that. I owe you a cold one.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

The black spinner shows in the Soul Made Simulations X-Plane Beaver, but not when the repaint is applied to the Milviz version in FSX. Something that is buried 'deep within' perhaps? Good luck with it Ron!

SMS DHC-2 repaint by 'SwedgeHouse'.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SMS.jpg   FSX.jpg  

Would someone be able to do N2MD? My son loved this plane when we saw it at Anoka. And it's an actual amphib hehe.

I've got a few more pictures/angles of it (plus there's a lot on the web). The red is a pretty bright what I'd call Cherry red - and the plane is well maintained so it's quite shiny!

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

If I can make my peace with the paint kit and it reveals where the bloody spinner is I may well do some more. At the moment I have the ache with Milviz.

Ive just uploaded them anyway Tim despite the the upcoming changes
    Thank you very much Matt.

You better keep that arm and shoulder rested.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Another one for you Tim

Another one for you Tim

YES! YES! YES!!

almost there:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

These all look lovely. Have MilViz fixed the mapping of port and starboard ailerons and flaps?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    These all look lovely. Have MilViz fixed the mapping of port and starboard ailerons and flaps?
    If you're referring to the ailerons going down when you lower the flaps and vice versa, that is correct. They call them 'flaperons'. If it's not what you meant, then hush my mouth.

I'm talking about the UVW mapping, which is standing in the way of so many repaints, hence the lack of them

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I just uploaded the three above. There are still a few small errors, somehow I painted the steps black, but I can't find it anymore, if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll post an update later. And I can't find the prop textures, VH-AAO should have a black prop, but the prop texture in the paintkit doesn't seem to do much. Here too, if anyone knows where it's hidden?
    I hope you'll like them as they are, since my next fieldtrip is just round the corner, touring Germany with 50 students, so no time to tinker further.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    And I can't find the prop textures, VH-AAO should have a black prop, but the prop texture in the paintkit doesn't seem to do much. Here too, if anyone knows where it's hidden?
    It looks like the prop blade textures are in the file called cessnaT50_ext_07_diffuse.dds.

I also noticed that on the right door of VH-AAO the Beaver logo is missing.

PS: There are no VH-AAO textures in the uploaded zip, only screenies and readme. Two other repaints are ok.

Members who have read this thread: 7