MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests. - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger75 View Post
    All repaints can be made to be 'functional' with file 'beaver_ext_2.dds' added to the texture folder. Ron Attwood provided these files for his outstanding repaints in #215 above. Jankees is busy at the moment but has said updates for his fine repaints are coming eventually. One can always use copy and paste to build up the 'ext_2' file for any paint. The reason I wrote 'functional' is because it is a different file structure than the main 'ext' file, so colour and shine matching are challenging.
    I tried those "new" ones from Ron but i still get the black control surfaces on the starboard side....!!?

Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    I tried those "new" ones from Ron but i still get the black control surfaces on the starboard side....!!?

Oh well....

Make sure that you are using a model from the expansion pack. These models will require the files: Beaver_ext_2.bmp/Beaver_floats_v2.bmp/Beaver_ext_wing_2.bmp (or at least the first one of these files). Make sure that these files are painted to match the new livery.
    The file "Beaver_ext.bmp" is the only file that you should copy from the basic Beaver model, as this file is similar to the ones used by the models from the expansion pack.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Make sure that you are using a model from the expansion pack. These models will require the files: Beaver_ext_2.bmp/Beaver_floats_v2.bmp/Beaver_ext_wing_2.bmp (or at least the first one of these files). Make sure that these files are painted to match the new livery.
    The file "Beaver_ext.bmp" is the only file that you should copy from the basic Beaver model, as this file is similar to the ones used by the models from the expansion pack.
    Sorry you have totally confused the S*#T of me!?!?

The only thing I get from this is that the original 3rd party paints you can not use because I have to "Make sure that you are using a model from the expansion pack" which is different from the original pack....yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger75 View Post
    Jankees is busy at the moment but has said updates for his fine repaints are coming eventually.
    Eventually indeed. Sitting in Singapore at this moment, waiting for my flight to Darwin.
    Back in two weeks and then, slowly, I'll get started on updating the Beavers. Can you hold on for another month?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Jan-

I’m envious... you have been blessed with talent AND travel... good for you!

Safe Journeys- C

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Eventually indeed. Sitting in Singapore at this moment, waiting for my flight to Darwin.
    Back in two weeks and then, slowly, I'll get started on updating the Beavers. Can you hold on for another month?
    can you make sure you dont put petrol in my car the next few days, she wont run to well with due to the fact she doesnt have spark plugs , ill will talk you sunday, enjoy the next few days

Sorry you have totally confused the S*#T of me!?!?

The only thing I get from this is that the original 3rd party paints you can not use because I have to "Make sure that you are using a model from the expansion pack" which is different from the original pack....yes?

I assume that you want liveries from the first Beaver release to be visible on models from the recent release - the expansion pack? (I may be wrong).
    There's a difference between the models from the first release and the models from the second (expansion pack). The models from the expansion pack requires more texture files to show up correct.
    If these files (Beaver_ext_2.dds/Beaver_floats_v2.dds/Beaver_ext_wing_2.dds) are not present in the texture folder, you will experience black surfaces as the model do not find these textures.

It is possible to import liveries from the first release to the models of the expansion pack. But if you are not familiar with repainting models, you should leave this task to the author of the livery that you want to import

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Paintkit

I read this entire thread and I see it's cooled right off. There's a certain amount confusion here, is there a paintkit available for this plane available anywhere? I know Milviz doesn't have one available and I have no idea where I might find one.

Good luck with the V2 paintkit when you find it....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails paintkit failure.jpg  

The paintkit is available on the product page here:

http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/index.php

Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link.

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    The paintkit is available on the product page here:

http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/index.php

Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link.
    Strange... 2 days ago it was a 404 dead link.

A rodent showdown at Jekyll Island!
    DHC-2 Beaver Amphibian by MilViz with a repaint based on my N1621 at flightsim. 09J Jekyll Island, Georgia airport scenery and squirrel, Land’s End SeaPlanes “East Coast Tours & Cargo” Scenery for FSX by Chris “MoCat” Carel.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Showdown.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Here is a repaint i am doing. Should be ready for download within the next week.
    Its was not made for the beaver, but looks good so far.

SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

'Beaver_53-7918.zip' at Flightsim.
    In Vietnam 1968-69 according to Neil Aird's Beaver web site.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 53-7918.jpg  

I saw this post and realised I never updated my beaver paints, but why are the new parts a different color in the sim? Ah, it seems the new textures do not support a shiny alpha...nothing I can do then I fear..

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

I uploaded them as they are on Ozx, will probably look better than black textures.

I've never received any feedback or seen comments to indicate repaints I've put out there are not displaying correctly with regards to the parts on the
    'ext_2' file. By adjusting the brightness of 'Beaver_ext_2.dds' by 9% in the case of JZ-PAA, the colours are a closer match.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JZ-PAA.jpg  
    Last edited by Ranger75; April 15th, 2018 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I uploaded them as they are on Ozx, will probably look better than black textures.

Hello jankees,

Will you be doing ALL of your Beaver repaints to suit V2?

Scratch that last comment please jankees. I got ALL of your paints to work -and Jeansy's RAAF ones too. I also got Ron's P2-HOR to work with your new files as well!

Thank you very much for coming back and having a crack at these paints again. I am one very happy person and can get back to enjoying this aircraft around OZ and NZ again.

Scratch that last comment please jankees. I got ALL of your paints to work -and Jeansy's RAAF ones too. I also got Ron's P2-HOR to work with your new files as well!

Thank you very much for coming back and having a crack at these paints again. I am one very happy person and can get back to enjoying this aircraft around OZ and NZ again.

you got mine to work? phew i didnt even lift a finger thanks Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    you got mine to work? phew i didnt even lift a finger thanks Tim
    Well not 100% Matt. But at least there is no more black control surfaces. Even the Barrett one I reworked and she looks like a clapped out HQ with primer on some surfaces. Adds to the weathering me thinks..... LOL!!!

roger, i'll have to look through all my files on my external drives to find the paintkits until then im happy for you to share what you have done

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Update for the basic models (amphib). The download contains modified interiorcolors for the N5CC and N9028. You will also find N5CC liveries for the straight floats/straight floats STOL models inside the zip.
    https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/rlj04u
    Gunnar-

I tried posting at MilViz w/o response....

With the recent FDE update I reinstalled the Beaver and tried loading this repaint. Back to the black surface issue of prior... I remember fixing it somehow... but for the life of me can't remember how... any pointers are appreciated.

Also the Reg. Plate in the cockpit is wrong...

Best- C

C-GPHA is a fictional repaint based on the N5CC/LN-NCC paints by Gunnar van der Meeren. Files for all Standard Edition and Spray 'n Play Expansion Pack models are included.

File name is 'Beaver_C-GPHA.zip' at Flightsim

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-GPHA amphib.jpg   C-GPHA STOL.jpg   C-GPHA Tundra.jpg  

Franz Falckenhaus created this excellent repaint of Carlin Air N471PM for the X-Plane SoulMade Simlations DHC-2 Beaver and he gave me permission to convert it for use on the FSX MilViz DHC-2. At FlightSim, file name: Beaver_N471MP. (Last two letters of the zip file name got changed from PM to MP for some mysterious reason.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beaver_N471PM.jpg  
    Last edited by Ranger75; July 14th, 2018 at 04:46.

Members who have read this thread: 8