A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Props

Description: FSX Native Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat Conversion by Milton Shupe
    June 2017

FSX Native Modified Text

Modified Bearcat F8F-2 by Milton Shupe - Objective - FSX Native
    May 28, 2017

Summary of changes
    ------------------

Straight up conversion of materials/textures, animations, and attach points.
    The way some things were implemented was changed for FSX Native accommodation.
    No flight model changes were made to affect performance or handling.
    A basic HUD was added.
    Bump and spec maps were added (neutralized) as place holders.
    Sounds by Nigel Richards
    Bombs and Rockets xml modeled to show (hidden by default) but requires a gauge to manage (see enclosed folder explanation).

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat - FSX Native
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

SOH-CM-2023
    Really great job you did here, Milton. Ditto for the B-26 Marauder.

And the A-20 Havoc is turning out to be a gem. Glad I could contribute a little something to its development.

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Really great job you did here, Milton. Ditto for the B-26 Marauder.

And the A-20 Havoc is turning out to be a gem. Glad I could contribute a little something to its development.
    Thank you Sir. I really appreciated all the time you invested in pulling together data for that A-20 as well. Hopefully we can get that out in its full glory before too long.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

invisible bombs and rockets

Milton, this is a great model, but why in the world don't you provide the required weapon switches with your upload instead of explaining how to create them?
    I have not the slightest idea how to do it!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by sim freak View Post
    Milton, this is a great model, but why in the world don't you provide the required weapon switches with your upload instead of explaining how to create them?
    I have not the slightest idea how to do it!

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Thanks. Because, like you, I am not a gauge or xml programmer. I do the best I can to create custom xml for the modeling but for gauge programming, I must rely on others.

"Others" did not respond to my calls for assistance. But you are correct, I should have not included the weapons at all without the switches. And to think of it, maybe I should not have taken two weeks to convert aircraft that are not mine.

I do not like having to rely on others but the technologies are many and one can't often be proficient in all of them.

By the way, the weapons do not show by default, so why are you concerned. If you want the weapons, you can certainly find a gauge programmer to show them can't you, as you expect me to do?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

sorry, as you've brought out so many phantastic and professionally designed models, I just wondered why you didn't include those switches. I didn't know you don't do gauge programming.
    As a matter of fact, I think it's great you've included weapons hoping I'll find someone to help wit the switches.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hi Michael,

Thanks. Because, like you, I am not a gauge or xml programmer. I do the best I can to create custom xml for the modeling but for gauge programming, I must rely on others.

"Others" did not respond to my calls for assistance. But you are correct, I should have not included the weapons at all without the switches. And to think of it, maybe I should not have taken two weeks to convert aircraft that are not mine.

I do not like having to rely on others but the technologies are many and one can't often be proficient in all of them.

By the way, the weapons do not show by default, so why are you concerned. If you want the weapons, you can certainly find a gauge programmer to show them can't you, as you expect me to do?

Hi Milton,

sorry, as you've brought out so many phantastic and professionally designed models, I just wondered why you didn't include those switches. I didn't know you don't do gauge programming.
    As a matter of fact, I think it's great you've included weapons hoping I'll find someone to help wit the switches.

Michael
    Michael,

I have not given up on the getting a switch coded. It just will take some time. I'll post it when/if I can get it done. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, thanks to one of Erwin Welker's friends (Perre Carosin), the required swichboard is now available, so far only at Flightsim.com though, but hopefully soon here also.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Michael,

I have not given up on the getting a switch coded. It just will take some time. I'll post it when/if I can get it done. Thanks

Milton, thanks to one of Erwin Welker's friends (Perre Carosin), the required swichboard is now available, so far only at Flightsim.com though, but hopefully soon here also.
    Michael
    Hi Michael,

Thanks, yes, Pierre and I have talked. I downloaded the weapons switch from Simviation and it looks great. Pierre does really nice work. Thank you Pierre.

You can get it here: https://simviation.com/1/find-file?fileId=53000
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Things just get better all the time!
    Thank you, Mr. Shupe, thank you indeed!

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Loaded this up in P3D V4 tonight and the gauges don't show, probably because of they are from a gau file. Does anyone know of a good XML gauge pack we could use to replace the old gauges with?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Loaded this up in P3D V4 tonight and the gauges don't show, probably because of they are from a gau file. Does anyone know of a good XML gauge pack we could use to replace the old gauges with?
    The Bearcat uses an old .gau for most of the gauges all embedded in one master .gau. Hopefully someone is aware of an alternative.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0