Captain Sim

Thread: Captain Sim

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Captain Sim

Browsing there forums yesterday and saw a post from CS that they will be porting some of their aircraft over to P3D V 4. Great news if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Browsing there forums yesterday and saw a post from CS that they will be porting some of their aircraft over to P3D V 4. Great news if it happens.
    sounds good to me i fly there 757 and others
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

THEIR. Please . . .

South of Possum Lodge in the 6ix, somewhere near YKZ
    100% with you ratty...their...there...they're...not too hard to figure out which one to use.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Damn that autocorrect to hell!

i know I can rite good English rite.

Thanks to all for pointing out the serious misstep in my English grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    THEIR. Please . . .
    I wish more people would point out bad spelling. It takes a brave soul to do it though, because you are inevitably met with a hail of abusive replies! There is one thread on another forum where the OP continually talks about the 'breaks' on a Learjet, which annoys me no end. And it does matter actually, because bad spelling can lead to genuine misunderstandings.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I've seen misunderstandings occur when perfect grammar and spelling are used too. It's bound to happen eventually when you cannot see and hear the person you're "speaking" with.

Brian

There, their, they're...the Grammar Police are always there. They're always watching. It's something in their DNA...they can't help it!

Ummm...I'm one of them!
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Breaks in the LearJet?? Wait, when did this start happening? Are there (see what I did there, and there, and there) breaks in the fuselage (no doubt making it impossible to hold pressurization)? Are there (again, eh?) breaks in the wings? That too could be deadly... we've all seen film footage of aircraft wings suffering catastrophic failure when breaks occur. Any AD's issued on the breaks in the LearJet? Surely the FAA must know about the breaks in the LearJet. Well, this means I have to stop flying my LearJet... all because of breaks.

M'kay, I'm done now. I'm reminded of the many times my wife tells me I should find something constructive to do.

Cheers,

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    I wish more people would point out bad spelling. It takes a brave soul to do it though, because you are inevitably met with a hail of abusive replies! There is one thread on another forum where the OP continually talks about the 'breaks' on a Learjet, which annoys me no end. And it does matter actually, because bad spelling can lead to genuine misunderstandings.
    Please realise that for many (if not: most) people reading/writing on these forums, English isn't their (there ...LoL) native language.
    Not sure why you get annoyed by someone who writes "breaks" instead of "brakes".

So I think the reply from user "ratty", the way he does, is really uncalled for and very inappropriate.

Yes, bad spelling CAN lead to misunderstandings.
    But a far more important reason for misunderstandings in today's communication is the "turbo" language used in today's "modern" ways of communication, like Twitter, WhatsApp, or whatever.
    So (IMHO) the used examples ("breaks" vs. "brakes" , or "their" vs. "there") are pretty pointless.

And, as a sidenote, if you English and American guys can't even agree if it's "color" or "colour", why should I be bothered about spelling .....??
    Sorry, just trying to put this into perspective. You get my point, I hope.....

And while I'm at it ....
    What's wrong with signing a forum reply, or an EMail with a real name ??
    I've been giving support on my freeware addons for 15 years now, and what annoys ME is that some people don't even bother to write:
    - What their name is ...
    - Which addon version they refer to ...
    - Which FS version they use ...
    Etc etc ....

THAT is bad communication ....

Again, trying to put your reply (and "ratty's") into perspective.

Best regards,

Rob Barendregt
    The Netherlands

PS: And I am NOT appologysing (c.q. apollogyzing) for any mis-spelling I might have made in this reply ....LoL

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post
    I've seen misunderstandings occur when perfect grammar and spelling are used too. It's bound to happen eventually when you cannot see and hear the person you're "speaking" with.

Brian
    Right !!
    Hope that everyone realises (euhh, sorry .. realizes ?? ) this.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by HalfSaw View Post
    100% with you ratty...their...there...they're...not too hard to figure out which one to use.
    Unless English/American is not your native language ....

Rob

1st world problems

I make it a point to only troll Americans when it comes to "proper" usage of the English language...especially those born before the 1970's.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

If you are irritated because some of us has English as our second or third (like in my case) language and we make muistakes because of that, you might want to give us also the solution for this terrible problem. Is it one of these:

- Change the language of the forum (to French, Italian, Spanish, Icelandic, Japanese, Latin or perhaps Polish?)
    - Exclude everyone having other than English as their first language from this forum

Sorry for my poor English and still being here.

Edit: "muistakes" above was an error of the non-English autocorrect of my iPad. I will leave it there just to show you what the problem might be.

I find obnoxious grammar police far more annoying than a misspelt word. Especially when they yell.
    Last edited by scotth6; June 3rd, 2017 at 00:20.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I find obnoxious grammar police far more annoying than a misspelt word. Especially when they yell.
    I agree.

Now let them "grammar" this : Grammatik rechtschreibung .... was für ein quatsch!!

...sheeesh , now where was we . Ah yes Captain sim - I'm glad there doing it . ( i'm outa here !)

Great to hear on the CaptainSim note. And agree, that train really went off the tracks (completely off the trestle, I might add....).

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0