Uninstalled

Thread: Uninstalled

Uninstalled

It was just too frustrating to use FSW with its crappy scenery and weather scenarios that don't clear between flights.

I'm enjoying FSX:SE and Aerofly FS2 too much to waste 40 GB of disk space on beta testing.

I'll keep an eye on this forum to see if FSW ever lives up to its promises.

Meanwhile I wish you all the best with FlightSimWorld!

Re-installed, but...

So I re-installed FSW to see if it has improved.

Stock scenery is still much worse than FSX.

Not at all enjoyable.

Have to agree. I am not sure it was such a great idea to release this in its dribs and drabs. Watching its development is painfully slow. I find it slow to load with an annoying interface and whilst it looks pretty is no better than an ORBX'd FSX.

Just checked Steam - since FSW was released (May 2017ish) I have amassed 3 whole hours on it. Mostly in setting up my VKB Flight stick.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by jschall View Post
    So I re-installed FSW to see if it has improved.

Stock scenery is still much worse than FSX.

Not at all enjoyable.
    I agree that FSW is not enjoyable at all at the moment.

However, as far as I know, FSW stock scenery is FSX stock scenery coupled with OrbX FTX Global textures. Hard to imagine it would be worse than stock FSX...
    Also, FSW applied SSAO (ambiant occlusion) to all objects, including autogen.
    That being said, FSW autogen density or drawing distance cannot be pushed as far as we could in FSX yet... if I'm not mistaken.

On the other end, FSW has good quality default aircrafts (FSX had as well... but that was 10 years ago) and has the most beautiful sky that FSX will never have.
    And FSW is not finished yet. Performance is not optimized, dynamic weather is under development, SDK has just been released, etc...
    You can deinstall it for now, because it's not so interesting at the moment. But you'll have to keep your eyes on it, even from far away

Yeah, have bailed on FSW as well, though am far from giving up on it. In my opinion they'll do fine in the long run. Dovetail Games are an honorable company as well, immediately refunding me for the 3 pieces of non-downloaded software I'd purchased at their online store, software that would not be used at this time. You think a company like Orbx would be so honorable? Hmmm? Just read their policy regarding unused software, pretty well stated as being non-refundable, non-negotiable.

FSW has a small but excellent group of developers. In time they'll recruit more, in my estimation, as it's one flight simulator geared towards less comprehensive procedures while embracing the pure enjoyment of VFR flight. There's a real market for such, and I'm one of those kind of people. In 35+ years of intermittent flight-simming I've never once programmed a FMC or learned how to "properly" fly between the lines. Could if I wanted, won't because I don't want to. If I ever do then it'll be pursued, and that day may be coming...

​.

OrbX doesn't make software for FSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    OrbX doesn't make software for FSW.
    Used as an example company, not as a fact of software provider. You're putting words in my mouth and twisting my meaning.
    Orbx provided FSW with global base textures though. https://steamcommunity.com/app/38928...6569120897633/

​.

Blog Entries
    I guess you could label me cautiously optimistic. the kids at several of the EAA Young Eagles seem to like it...it is catching on.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Yes, they provide the textures, but you didn't buy the textures from them. They are quite clear as to their refund policy, if you bother to read things first.
    Sue

Yes, am also actually watchfully confident about FSW's future, Ted.
    It's just my decision to hold off for the time being. Am sure it's an
    excellent flight simulator for EAA The Young Eagles too.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Yes, they provide the textures, but you didn't buy the textures from them.
    They are quite clear as to their refund policy, if you bother to read things first.
    Thank you.

What makes you so convinced that their refund policy was not read initially? Another assumption on your part.
    Orbx did not give FSW those textures. When FSW is purchased then we are buying some of Orbx's work.

You simply don't like some of the things I say and have decided to take a few swipes at me.

​.

Yep, you pissed me off.

Thank you.

That is so interesting, that you would grant me the power over you to get p.o.'d. You a robot?

____________________ Nonsense

I did not p you off. You got p.o.'d. Understand the difference.

..... nor do I require the last word

​.

Blog Entries
    Steady on chaps

Ian

Righto, Ian, thank you.

​.

Members who have read this thread: 0