CV-9 USS "Essex" WWII for FSX/P3D

Thread: CV-9 USS "Essex" WWII for FSX/P3D

CV-9 USS "Essex" WWII for FSX/P3D

Thanks YoYo for the fantastic work.

Download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=22689
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

SOH-CM-2018
    Thanks for the HU! Downloading now. Can't wait to try it later. Such a beautiful model.
    Joe

Thx @stovall to do sticky but its only "revised version" : new improved textures for this set, some new effects (Im very happy with this sounds on Essex deck), fleet, airplanes ect.

btw.
    Someone asked me how to start from the deck if no AI traffic. It's easy. What I do in this situations:
    - use "Y" (slew option),
    - put Your airplane (in cold and dark) in selected place on the sea/ocean (You can do direct by Your joystic but remember they are new axis in settings of FSX/P3D, check Your settings of axis), use F1,F2,F3 or F4 to place Your aircraft equal 20-30 meters
    - take AI Ships (AI Carrier) from top menu of the sim
    - select "Essex" from menu of AI Ships
    - take option "put in place of user"
    - lower Your airplane by F1 (it will stop on the deck)
    - turn off slew option ("Y")
    - You can order to move forward now (AI ships menu)

How to save after landing:
    - slow down carrier to zero,
    - take slew "Y" and pause the sim
    - save it.

When You load this save You will be at the level of carrier deck in slew (only the plane), just need to use option "put in user position" (sometimes You need to have use F1-F4) to place the carrier in Your position.
    It's a good idea if You travel with carrier, when to save the fly (and carrier+fleet will be in different place) and next day You will take off again but from other place.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

For those who may wish to fly off the Essex with a clean/un-cluttered deck, you can simply remove or relocate the following folders from your Simobjects/Boats folder: Corsair_deckparkAFT_CG_Essex_Class, Corsair_deckparkAFT_CG_Essex_Class2, Corsair_deckparkFWD_CG_Essex_Class, Corsair_deckparkFWD_CG_Essex_Class2. I relocated those folders to a temp hold folder in my Simobjects/Boats folder just in case I wanted to use them at a later point.

After that, these are the changes I made to the AI Carriers config file (which are redundant).

[formation.x]
    title=USS Essex CV-9 1944 Launch
    unit.0=USS_CV-9_Essex,0,0
    unit.1=USS_DD724_Laffey45, 300, -300
    unit.2=USS_DD724_Laffey45, -400, 400
    unit.3=Tanker_Saugatuck, -200, -350
    unit.4=USSPensacola, 450, 470

[formation.x]
    title=USS Essex CV-9 1944 Recovery

[formation.x]
    title=USS Essex CV-9 1945 Launch

[formation.x]
    title=USS Essex CV-9 1945 Recovery

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For a clear deck, wouldn't it be simpler just to make a formation which doesn't use the Corsair deckpark units? I've tried it and it seems to work ok:

[formation.x]
    title=USS Essex CV-9 1944 Clear deck
    Last edited by dhasdell; May 29th, 2017 at 11:43.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Yup.. that's what I'd do Dave. Do one for the 45 paint too

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Thanks in advance, Yoyo et al!

Glad there is a clear deck option - thanks for that.

I'm just going to throw this out there ... would it be hard to paint the '45 era Corsair's roundels with the post '47 red bar? We're pretty close to a Korean War era formation too, with just a little imagination....

Will check out tonight - looks great!

dl

Thank you so much for your fantastic work!!!!
    Best regards, Manfred.

We're pretty close to a Korean War era formation too, with just a little imagination....
    Would be terrific to have the Korea era formation. Also, you could change the deck number to add and have other historically correct Essex boats in Korea (eg Valley Forge and Boxer). Which is what I did with Colin's Essex carriers. I also thinned out the deck park to have just a few planes along the deck edge to enable both launching and recovery on a straight deck boat.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Would be terrific to have the Korea era formation. Also, you could change the deck number to add and have other historically correct Essex boats in Korea (eg Valley Forge and Boxer). Which is what I did with Colin's Essex carriers. I also thinned out the deck park to have just a few planes along the deck edge to enable both launching and recovery on a straight deck boat.
    Why not, maybe not now but I have it in plan to do update this packege for late FG-1D "Corsair" of MIlviz.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Yes, another similar vote from me. Nice as a full deck is to look like in a screenshot, actually using the carriers for practice and missions means repeated circuits and repeatedly spawning and disabling the launch vs recovery formations really detracts from the experience. But to each their own. Like you, I value a "thinned out" deck configuration that allows straight through traffic is the most practical, but am happy there's a way to create a clear deck, and so that's a good compromise. I'm curious where the Jeeps fit into all this, hope they are out of the way enough that I can still keep them on the deck. Hope to check this pack out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Why not, maybe not now but I have it in plan to do update this packege for late FG-1D "Corsair" of MIlviz.
    That's two great pieces of news in one post!

Thanks again for this - can't wait to try when I get home.

dl

Sorry for the hi-jack but since the Deck Park is being discussed here I thought I'd ask.

Was wanting to know if there is a way to have multiple installs of the Corsair Deckpark package or how to add more "classes" of it similar to the "Class 2" in YoYo's package. The reason for asking is I already have one installed and modified in use with a couple other Essex boats and I don't want to sub it for YoYo's. I'd like to use them both and even add a couple more versions.

If there is can someone maybe give me a tutorial on how to do it?

Thanks
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Wow! Sure seemed to have killed this thread! Sorry. Won't happen again.
    Duckie

Hahahahaha.. that made me laugh

I'm sure you could use these deck park models on other ships of the same class and likewise.. deck park models from another release of this type on Essex. Other than YoYo doing a native conversion (though I think Lazarus beat him to it in his FSX release).. the size, shape and proportions are identical. I'm sure I have an install of Bonaventure which uses deck park models in the same format. They all go in their separate 'boats' folders while the carrier lives in it's own folder. YoYo has done the same with Essex so all you'd have to do to see the same deck park models on another 'similar' (read same) carrier is to point to them in AIC using the same values. Basically.. the deck park models are a separate entity in the same way a rescue helo is on later carriers

It's late and I'm up early but I hope that's given you food for thought
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Dave.

I actually have these deckpark models modified and in installed with other Essex boats prior to YoYo's release, so I'm familiar with how to use them in the "stock" manner. However, there are several other models I'd like to use, like the folded wing F-6F and TBF and F-4F, etc., and position them differently so as not to have to have 2 versions - one for landing and one for take off, if I knew how to make them up. I've been trying for a few days now to do it by converting these other static objects to model files and assembling them (same format, same config entry conventions, etc) and mimicking the deckpark package but can't get them to show. I'm obviously missing something and was wanting to learn how to do it.

Thanks anyway and appreciate your response.

Steve
    Duckie

Hi Steve

Yeah.. that's the bit I'm not sure of either.. the joining. Fingers crossed someone lets the cat out of the bag and puts us out of our misery
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yup.. that's what I'd do Dave. Do one for the 45 paint too

ATB
    DaveB
    Dave,

Have to ask, what is the 45 paint you are referring to?

Edit: i'd like to see the planes spotted on the island side of the desk but maybe there wasn't enough width on those carriers like on the carriers of today.

Stuff overboard on Essex

Hope it's not just me, but look at the jeep and some aircraft hanging over the starboard side. Oh, This is in P3D V3.4

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Dave,

Have to ask, what is the 45 paint you are referring to?

Edit: i'd like to see the planes spotted on the island side of the desk but maybe there wasn't enough width on those carriers like on the carriers of today.
    Hi Butch,
    The set comes with 2 schemes.. 1944 and 1945. It was the 1945 scheme I was referring to
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hope it's not just me, but look at the jeep and some aircraft hanging over the starboard side. Oh, This is in P3D V3.4
    Check readme about issues, its possible on Ultra Water (in settings) in P3D with independent waves.
    Is it possible to when carrier did very fast and tight turn.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Check readme about issues, its possible on Ultra Water (in settings) in P3D with independent waves.
    Is it possible to when carrier did very fast and tight turn.
    I think you nailed the issue, the ship was going into a 90 degree turn and I guess all the deck planes and jeeps slid over to one side. When I approached the ship again, sailing in a
    straight line, all the deck stuff was parked all okay. I guess there was some slippage during the turn, maybe if all the gear on deck had tie down chains they would of stayed in place.

I know most of the magic involved with converting AI planes to static models for deck parking requires the use of MdlConverterX which I am totally incompetent at using properly. I mainly use it as a measurement device for changing light positions, contact points, etc. I've successfully added/modified some attached effects but I've never done any file conversions... at least not successfully. How nice it would be if you could attach objects to a plane or ship in FSX as easily as in CFS2.

Hey TARPS, definitely magic!

I've been fairly successful at converting models.p using that app. I guess what it boils down to for me is knowing how to place them on the carrier (or any other moving ship for that matter) at a specific spot.
    Duckie

Members who have read this thread: 0