Early Short Sunderland MkI for FS9 uploaded! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Short Sunderland MkI for FS9 uploaded!

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Thanks JJ and SPM,

I'm not doing a MkV. As nearly 85% made were MkIII Sunderlands and that's been done.......thoughts?

Shessi
    Was a MkV basically a MkIII with P&Ws ?

Yes that's right, with Mk3/4 radar, and usually without a top turret. No major fuselage or layout changes.

Shessi

Could you do a Civilian version??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0764521.jpg  

Hi Nathan,
    I could but that would mean making a P&W engined civvy plane, so I might as well do a MkV, which I'm not going to bother.....sorry.

Jens B. Kristensen did a great Hythe civvy Sunderland for Fs9, go get it at Simviation..it's very good.

Cheers

Shessi

One last bump as I scrape the glue off...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by NathanT28 View Post

Could you do a Civilian version??
    Ah poor old, 'Beachcomber', ;at Kermit Weeks place. Was in a sorry state when I last saw it compared to when it left uk.

Ttfn

Pete

Yes I agree..shame...

A Catalina is being refurbed at Biggin Hill, UK and will come out in a Canadian sqn Coastal Command colours and in full wartime set-up, which I'm really looking forward to. BUT please a wealthy Sundy fan buy Week's one and put back in the air!

I think eventually though Week's one will be put in a museum, as is, as I think there is only one or possibly two others in US museums.

Shessi

Last flight in the UK as it leaves for the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnUio8jcxY

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Yes I agree..shame...

A Catalina is being refurbed at Biggin Hill, UK and will come out in a Canadian sqn Coastal Command colours and in full wartime set-up, which I'm really looking forward to. BUT please a wealthy Sundy fan buy Week's one and put back in the air!

I think eventually though Week's one will be put in a museum, as is, as I think there is only one or possibly two others in US museums.

Shessi

Last flight in the UK as it leaves for the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnUio8jcxY
    Was there for that. In one of the many small boats.

Catalina at Biggin has gone via road/sea to new owner in USA, if you're thinking about same one that had a ferry flight in there after being inactive for a long while.

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0