MV DHC-2 Beaver released!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver released!

MV DHC-2 Beaver released!

Hi,
    I'd like to open the new topic about final version of DHC-2 of Milviz (for sticky). The model was released:
    http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/index.php .
    The model is ready for FSX, P3Dv2 and v3 and future P3Dv4 (will).

btw.
    be ready for service pack (or new version) also.
    Few small things could be corrected (discovered recently).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hiya,

Quote Originally Posted by Milviz
    Two Body Styles - Passenger version with enlarged rear windows, cargo version with original round rear windows and cargo with selectable visibility.
    Are there any screenshots available of the "cargo version" body? So far i could tell all screenshots on the milviz website are from the other bodymodel wiwht enlarged read windows?

Regards,

Marcel

PS Found one ;-)
    Last edited by mgr; May 26th, 2017 at 04:00.

She's a beauty! Here a vid on how to start the workhorse

Thank you MilViz

Cheers
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

This aircraft is a real beauty. Great to fly and again an outstanding product from Milviz.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

From those who have it so far, does it allow you to start with the engine running or is it always a cold and dark startup?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    From those who have it so far, does it allow you to start with the engine running or is it always a cold and dark startup?
    It allows you to configure start-up one of three ways: A) Cold and Dark, always, regardless of how your previous flight may of been saved. B) Ready to Start, which means that it doesn't start running, but switches & battery are on. Again, this is regardless of how your previous flight may of been saved. C) Ready to Fly. This isn't quite an 'engines running' scenario - what this does is it simply loads the aircraft according to how your previous flight was saved, or how your previous aircraft load state was (as in, if you're in a running aircraft, and you switch to the Beaver, it'll stay running).

The third option is recommended if you're saving flights to pick them up again later (like in-flight), or if you're a 'save it how I left it' kind of guy.
    Jim Stewart

There were loads of other repaints in the old thread.

Are you going to upload them fellas and if so where?

Cheers Chris

Cold and Dark startup tutorial:

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    There were loads of other repaints in the old thread.

Are you going to upload them fellas and if so where?

Cheers Chris

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

The Beaver looks beautiful! Looking forward to some beat up bush liveries.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Milviz's page on the Beaver mentions that the Milviz / REX WX Advantage Weather Radar is included in the purchase. After purchase can we also add the radar to other aircraft?

Thanks,

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

We Have that one Yoyo.

Cheers Chris

That one was flying out of the CAP hangar at Merrill Field, Anchorage in the seventies.

Update for Beaver

Just received an email from Milviz... update Milviz_DHC-2_v1.170526 is available.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Just received an email from Milviz... update Milviz_DHC-2_v1.170526 is available.

Maybe that's why my first three attempts to download it failed... They must have been updating the download file. Finally got it about 1/2 hour ago, updated file number.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Cold and Dark startup tutorial:
    Thanks for posting.

Two points, if I may.

Whats up with the prop? It should start spinning as soon as you hit the starter switch. In the video it 'stutters' a bit before it starts spinning.

Also, when starting the Beaver (most radials in fact) you let the engine spin a few times under starter power before turning on the mags. This is noted in the manual.

cheers,
    Lane

My Beaver that is depicted as the beautiful brown Beaver N297B is actually N117F paint wise, with N297B on the Instrument panel. Is this a standard "quirk" in everyone's download or did others actually get the brown Beaver??

2 possible bugs I've found... anyone else had problems, or am I a dumbass?

1. Starter, the prop almost refuses to turn at first.
    2. Skis... one sticks to the ground and the plane leans over like something broke when they're lowered.

Hello,
    Yes, I see both of those things.
    Wouldn't bug reports be more useful on the Milviz forums?
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by stearmandriver View Post
    2 possible bugs I've found... anyone else had problems, or am I a dumbass?

1. Starter, the prop almost refuses to turn at first.
    2. Skis... one sticks to the ground and the plane leans over like something broke when they're lowered.
    Yep... I have encountered the same. NOT complaining.... just trying to help Milviz polish the Beaver and make it better. I think it is flying better. Seems a bit more "Draggy" when the flaps come down.
    deHavilland airplanes tend to slow down even when the nose in pointed in the direction you usually expect the airspeed to increase! "Flaps full, force the nose down more to break the float and minimize air-speed decay... add power to slow the sink rate...backpressure to "quit" flying!" Yep...that's the deHavilland way. A Canadian Elevator!

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello,
    Yes, I see both of those things.
    Wouldn't bug reports be more useful on the Milviz forums?
    For sure. Usually I assume I'm doing something wrong ;-). Just wanted to verify.

Same here, not complaining either. A few little bugs are always expectedon on version 1.0!

Btw. the virtual cockpit has an own programming (so for example Saitek panels dosen't work - especially Saitek Switch Panel).
    I created LVAR profile for MV Beaver so if You whant I can share it (works with SPAD.next: https://www.spadnext.com/home.html ).

Delivery from Tongass Fjords.

Cargo version.

Hey! That update must have fixed the glass- looking good.

Carl

Members who have read this thread: 1