MV DHC-2 Beaver released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver released!

Broke down and read the manual..........nevermind!

See title.

Do any of the planes have instrument panels a different color that white?

Thanks,

Tom

Just the one colour.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    OOPS! I just looked up a little on the forum and see a photo of a two blade model with and without the spinner.............what command does that?

Barry
    You need to run the MVAMS utility from your desktop icon.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Hello,

I've submitted an email to register at the Milviz support forums (this is my first Milviz product), but in the meantime I thought I'd ask here: has anyone had an issue running the updater? When I try to run it (anti-virus disabled, running as admin, Windows 7) I get an error about "integrity check failed". Tried deleting and re-downloading, same issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by stearmandriver View Post
    Hello,

I've submitted an email to register at the Milviz support forums (this is my first Milviz product), but in the meantime I thought I'd ask here: has anyone had an issue running the updater? When I try to run it (anti-virus disabled, running as admin, Windows 7) I get an error about "integrity check failed". Tried deleting and re-downloading, same issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks...
    There is a fix to the updater coming with the next version.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Hi Guys!
    For those who installed the Beaver with the latest installer(v1.170528) do you have the same problem as I have(Ok it's P3D but maybe it's the same thing in FSX). All the versions are installed in the "Airplanes" folder but...

as you ca see the Toundra, skis and floats version don't show. I tried to report to MilViz but I can't reach the site for a DNS problem.

Cheers

Pat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beaver.jpg  
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

Just checked my FSX=SE and all appears OK.

Thank you simondix! I'll see with Milviz as soon as I can access the forum!
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Like I've said before, flight simmers are a very spoiled bunch....
    Nope not at all, (well some are) it is just in this part of the world, and there were a lot of beavers about once, spinners were for some reason not used or taken off. I have never seen a Beaver in this country (OZ) with the large spinner thats all. They used to use them for spraying and super spreading (There were about 20 operating in my district alone for probably 20 years or so), later they went on to be converted back and most ended up as amphibians. So the large spinner seemed very odd thats all. But now they have a no spinner option, well, I am a simple soul, it now looks right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Mussotte View Post
    Hi Guys!
    For those who installed the Beaver with the latest installer(v1.170528) do you have the same problem as I have(Ok it's P3D but maybe it's the same thing in FSX). All the versions are installed in the "Airplanes" folder but...

as you ca see the Toundra, skis and floats version don't show. I tried to report to MilViz but I can't reach the site for a DNS problem.

Cheers

Pat
    Hello Pat,

If I may...did you uninstall your previous version before installing the latest one by any chance?

Mine is working fine and that is what I did. Not saying that is the answer but it may help?

I hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Hi Tim!
    Yes I did it and I checked if the planes folders were removed from"Airplanes". I'm gonna do it again and check if the folder in "AppData/Local is removed just in case!
    Regards

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Nope not at all, (well some are) it is just in this part of the world, and there were a lot of beavers about once, spinners were for some reason not used or taken off. I have never seen a Beaver in this country (OZ) with the large spinner thats all. They used to use them for spraying and super spreading (There were about 20 operating in my district alone for probably 20 years or so), later they went on to be converted back and most ended up as amphibians. So the large spinner seemed very odd thats all. But now they have a no spinner option, well, I am a simple soul, it now looks right.
    Actually, that is kind of what I mean: people demanding a developer model the plane in every way as they have personally experienced it in their little part of the world or they won't buy it (taking the trouble to point this out in a release or other thread). I'm not saying that's what you did, but that's what some people are doing. It's funny that we have been fortunate to have gotten planes that in real life are modified in many different ways from developers who have taken pains to offer options to allow us to configure them differently, and we have turned that gift into a baseline expectation.

Spoiled. That's what we are.

I started simming when an expectation that the sky would look like sky and the ground like ground was actually a bit too much to ask. Planes didn't have external models!

I was was flying the SMS Beaver last night in XP11 in BC and the suspension of disbelief was incredible. There were just many and long moments when I was transported into the feeling of actually flying. To have that, but to demand that the spinner, which I CANNOT see while flying, look a very particular way....

...spoiled.

My hat is off to MILVIZ, This Beaver is a fantastic representation of its real world counterpart. I have flown it the last couple days and the modeling really allows the STOL capability and fly's power settings like the aircraft is known for. Hope some painters put eventually put this one in uniform and allow us to enjoy the U-6A down the road. I am still amazed by the accuracy of the T-50 Bobcat, and now the Beaver is right there too. Thanks to Milviz for tackling some really iconic aircraft and really doing them the justice they deserve in the FlightSim world!!

Griphos -I understand the point your making. There are a lot of unreal expectations regarding flight sim models. There are also countless variations and changes in real life aircraft that no modeller or creator can hope to emulate, I have seen more variations of instrumentation and avionics in real world aircraft (the same type) for example than one can imagine, because something broke, or something better was available etc. The DC-3 C-47 is a case in point- there was no standard panel layout and they all ended up different for different reasons. I am no purist either.

Back to MILVIZ I have no doubt that this is a high quality product, all there work is. That was not the point. But a lot of sim users are not in North America and local variations such as repaints etc are important but not critical. Because I do not have a repaint in the colour scheme or registration of an aircraft I would like does not mean I would not use the model, the only things I look for is fidelity, in the way it looks but most importantly the numbers I see in the sim when I use it. I have rebuilt the panels and gauges and made changes to a number of models I have bought to get the replication I wanted and that is part of the fun of this activity, flight simulation that I like most, the fact that you can.

We are indeed fortunate that there are groups and businesses like MILVIZ who are prepared to do the hard work to recreate an aeroplane from the past for flight sim and for that one is grateful not ungrateful.

As far as the spinner is concerned well it seems that they were not fitted in Australia from 1948 until about the mid 1980's, and yes there are some that have the large spinner. I have no doubt that the spinner issue had something to do with engine cooling and it is most common in amphibians not wheeled versions, so there you are. Other than that it looks like a great product and I will in due course add it to my hangar.

And I have sidetracked this post enough.

The Beaver looks great. I haven't had a bad Milviz product yet (granted I don't have all of them) but they seem to stay on top of glitches and work to put out top notch stuff. (I don't even know what version the F-4 is running anymore, but I keep getting update emails to fix stuff I didn't even know was broken!) With the Beaver and Otter that I think AH is putting out it looks like I'm going to have a couple more of DeHavilland's finest in my hangar!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    The Beaver looks great. I haven't had a bad Milviz product yet (granted I don't have all of them) but they seem to stay on top of glitches and work to put out top notch stuff. (I don't even know what version the F-4 is running anymore, but I keep getting update emails to fix stuff I didn't even know was broken!) With the Beaver and Otter that I think AH is putting out it looks like I'm going to have a couple more of DeHavilland's finest in my hangar!
    We just need a good DHC-4 Caribou now too!!!!

I don't think anyone is suggesting not to buy because of the spinner design chosen by Milviz. If you do a web search on the DHC-2, most of the pictures of aircraft employ the more pointy and shorter spinner. It would nice to see this as an optional selection along with floats only in the MVAMS at some future point. That's all. Oh, and let's not forget the optional baseball cap for the bush pilot too. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Someone posted a photo ("Airtrooper") I think it was and I thought I like that one. I had a bit of spare time today so messed around with Milviz paint kit. I'll do for me but I'm not sure its good enough to release. The fact that the Ailerons and elevators are not individually mapped meant I had to fudge the Camo a bit and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the silver on the rear portion of the stationary prop but heh ho.

Matt

What a wonderful plane!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    What a wonderful plane!

Cees

I heartily agree! Enjoying it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Someone posted a photo ("Airtrooper") I think it was and I thought I like that one. I had a bit of spare time today so messed around with Milviz paint kit. I'll do for me but I'm not sure its good enough to release. The fact that the Ailerons and elevators are not individually mapped meant I had to fudge the Camo a bit and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the silver on the rear portion of the stationary prop but heh ho.

Matt

I'd like the repaint, Matt
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Ok Roger no problem but it appears you're not the only one. Ill get it ready and upload it here when I can find the time... I don't mind as long as people accept it as is... warts and all, as i've spent as much time on it as I'm prepared to.

Matt

My Beaver Paint is uploaded... hope its all ok as my first attempt at uploading something here.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    My Beaver Paint is uploaded... hope its all ok as my first attempt at uploading something here.

Matt

Thank you very much Matt.

Members who have read this thread: 1