MV DHC-2 Beaver released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver released!

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello,
    Yes, I see both of those things.
    Wouldn't bug reports be more useful on the Milviz forums?
    A tremendous amount of work went into the Beaver from many who fly the her and directly from the manual. Believe me this is a labor of love for those who created this beauty. If you see something that needs to be addressed, the only way it can be corrected is by posting on the Milviz DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum. Please post any concerns there. Thanks
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Delivery from Tongass Fjords.

Cargo version.
    Great shot!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Update

Updated to v1.170526. After that, when I open MVAMS, select de Havilland tab, says a update is available is you select update, appears a window OMG GUID 3 with various options.. Any idea?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clipboard01.jpg   Clipboard02.jpg  

Milviz forum says a fix has been made and a link to the new updater will be sent out soon.

Bill

Ah, someone else has the Beaver auto update with a GUID generator box. I just posted on the Milviz forums.

Thanks - Rob

PS: oops, faster typer than me. Thanks - Rob

As has been mentioned already, such questions are best asked of the developers.
    There is a quick fix, supplied by them.

Gentlemen, A quick fix to the issue while the updater is under scrutiny.
    Go to > AppData\Local\MVAMS\Versions\DHC2 < and delete the > DHC2 < folder .
    Alternatively , click No when asked to update .
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks Friends

Waiting for the pilot...
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just bought it. What the? The Pilot is NOT wearing a baseball cap! What bush pilot does not wear a dirty cap? I do wish they had provided the more "pointed" and narrower spinner as an optional selection. One can only hope the developer continues to update the Beaver as they do the Phantom.

-d

Now see here, that's a lovely spinner, that is!

Hope the Beaver gets released for FSW with VC rain effects!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I just bought it. What the? The Pilot is NOT wearing a baseball cap! What bush pilot does not wear a dirty cap? I do wish they had provided the more "pointed" and narrower spinner as an optional selection. One can only hope the developer continues to update the Beaver as they do the Phantom.

-d
    Btw. You have right but as I know Milviz is working on the figure of pilot (but don't know exactly for which model, future, present...) so maybe one day ? (not soon, I'm sure).
    I very like figures in products of Carenado/Alabeo. They are perfect here (+the last AH models are fantastic also in this subject). To do realistic person in FSX/P3D it's a very hard job.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Btw. You have right but as I know Milviz is working on the figure of pilot (but don't know exactly for which model, future, present...) so maybe one day ? (not soon, I'm sure).
    I very like figures in products of Carenado/Alabeo. They are perfect here (+the last AH models are fantastic also in this subject). To do realistic person in FSX/P3D it's a very hard job.

I think at some point Carenado/Alabeo will make one of these. The AH model will be interesting. Meanwhile, this is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss86001 View Post
    Hope the Beaver gets released for FSW with VC rain effects!
    Dovetail will have to release an sdk before that's going to happen.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I am so enjoying this aircraft!!! Thank you Milviz.

Now hopefully some VH and ZK paints turn up soon...!? -Nudge, nudge, wink, wink-

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I just bought it.....I do wish they had provided the more "pointed" and narrower spinner as an optional selection. One can only hope the developer continues to update the Beaver as they do the Phantom. -d
    I would agree that is a stop point for me. I have never seen a Beaver in Oz with a spinner like that. Which leads to my next question for all those who bought or are buying the product - Is there a no spinner version? I could not see one in the publicity pictures. Again most of the Beavers in Oz had no spinner at all.

Here are some nice images.

Regards,
    Nick

Great post Nick.

Cheers Chris

Nice images Nick. Helps reinforce my point about the spinner, there is a significant different in the overall size and length. The last one is IDO, did an hour and half in it once upon a time, and if I am not mistaken that would be Gladstone, can't miss the chimney stacks strategically place downwind (hills on the other side), not the place to be on a dark and stormy night on a bad weather circuit after completing an instrument approach. Then again when I think of it I cannot recall a Beaver in OZ every being operated IFR (legally).

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I would agree that is a stop point for me. I have never seen a Beaver in Oz with a spinner like that. Which leads to my next question for all those who bought or are buying the product - Is there a no spinner version? I could not see one in the publicity pictures. Again most of the Beavers in Oz had no spinner at all.
    Yes, you can opt for no spinner if you wish. I've seen both the rounder nose and the pointy nose spinners used in Real Life TM
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Like I've said before, flight simmers are a very spoiled bunch....

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Like I've said before, flight simmers are a very spoiled bunch....

LOL,yes "we" are...

there is a DHC-2 MK.1 that flies in and out of the Auburn Airport several times a week,or did,recently its down in the Bay Area. N299EE. from South Lake Seaplanes out of Glenbrook,NV (Lake Tahoe) my point to this,it flies directly over my house...kills me to hear these radial engined planes and not be able to get outside to see them in time.

Another Spinner thought

OK, I've been a flight simmer ever since the Chuck Yeager flight sim days. This morning I purchased the MilViz Beaver and all in all like it very much. I am not too particular. But all this talk about spinners makes me wish the two bladed prop also had the option of a spinner. The spinner modeled is exactly what is on a lot of R985 powered aircraft with the two bladed prop.

How's that for my only complaint! I am now waiting for repaints...........it'd take me about two months to do one myself!

Cheers

Barry

one more spinner thought oops, maybe

OOPS! I just looked up a little on the forum and see a photo of a two blade model with and without the spinner.............what command does that?

Barry

Members who have read this thread: 1