How does one uninstall X-plane demo...?

Thread: How does one uninstall X-plane demo...?

Icon9 How does one uninstall X-plane demo...?

Hello Chaps,

I have downloaded and installed the X-plane demo -to see what it is like- and I am now wondering how to Uninstall it now from my system....?

It seems to not be listed in Windows "uninstall" listings...? It created a desktop when it installed but when I click on it there seems to be no file path for it either?? It did say that it would install it in my C:\Users\Tim folder, but when I look there....nothing is listed as X-plane ie: there is no X-plane folder there!?!?

I really want to know how to get rid of it off my machine.

Thank you for any help.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Blog Entries
    I used this: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo..._download.html and when it uninstalls through the X-Plane uninstaller then choose moderate for complete uninstall and hit scan for the final uninstall. This will clean your registry and any additional files it may have latched onto.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Furthermore to Ted's input, last year I had occasion to call MS support because I had issues with a product of theirs. The technician was very helpful and spent an hour with me on the phone. He asked that I d/l the free version of Revo in the process to remove the damaged installed product.. Now if MS are happy to use a 3rd party product then it must be pretty good & reliable.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I used this: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo..._download.html and when it uninstalls through the X-Plane uninstaller then choose moderate for complete uninstall and hit scan for the final uninstall. This will clean your registry and any additional files it may have latched onto.
    Ted
    Thank you Ted,

Its very disconcerting when one needs to download another program to uninstall another....!?!? It now makes me feel very uneasy about X-plane.

Pitty....because I was going to buy it. But not now, because who knows what it has done/will do to my computer!?!?

A little annoyed and very frustrated,

Tim.

You don't need any program to uninstall XPlane. It doesn't install like most programs. There are no registry entries. To completely uninstall it, just delete the Xplane folder. Done. No trace on your system will be left.

This is explained in the online manual. It's usually better to read the info the developer provides than to ask questions on forums. As you can see, you can get some pretty bad advice.

If you like XPlane, you should buy it. It's actually one of the safest programs you can buy since it is completely self-contained. You can stick the folder on any drive and any computer and run it the same.

Further, there is no need to uninstall the demo if you want to buy it. The demo and the full program are exactly the same. Once you buy it, you will enter the code and it will download a few additional files and you will have the full version and can then install whatever global scenery you want. Again, all of this is spelled out on the web page.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    You don't need any program to uninstall XPlane. It doesn't install like most programs. There are no registry entries. To completely uninstall it, just delete the Xplane folder. Done. No trace on your system will be left.

This is explained in the online manual. It's usually better to read the info the developer provides than to ask questions on forums. As you can see, you can get some pretty bad advice.

If you like XPlane, you should buy it. It's actually one of the safest programs you can buy since it is completely self-contained. You can stick the folder on any drive and any computer and run it the same.

Further, there is no need to uninstall the demo if you want to buy it. The demo and the full program are exactly the same. Once you buy it, you will enter the code and it will download a few additional files and you will have the full version and can then install whatever global scenery you want. Again, all of this is spelled out on the web page.
    Thank you for reply griphos.

I asked here on the forum -because I could not find in the manual- there are three "XPlane" entries in my C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local folder!!!!!

So if XPlane just creates a "safe" folder and all is required to delete Xplane, is that folder and you will no longer have Xplane installed....why are these three folders in AppData\Local!?!?

Where else could there be "hidden" folder/files of Xplane lurking in my computer now...!?

Regards,
    Tim.

All good now gentlemen. I asked a couple of questions over at the X-Plane forum.

Outstanding support from them if I may add.....

I must thank you all -here at SOH- who gave me help and I wish you all well.

Good bye.
    Tim.

That's strange. I moved X Plane to another computer. It used to be on this one. I just looked, there are no "X Plane" folders in my Username\Appdata folders anywhere. Not in Local, Local Low or Roaming. I have never seen any X Plane folders outside of the main install folder. I had X Plane 9, and I now have both X Plane 10, and 11.

Blog Entries
    You might try the x-plane.org forum and see if they have any answers on that one.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Members who have read this thread: 0